Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Probably not. But you're also naming 2 of the very best to ever put on cleats. Instead of trying to gauge what they're doing. Perhaps it's best to gauge your expectations and adjust them accordingly.
Those were just the first two names off the top of my head. I could have asked about Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson, and it wouldn't have changed anything about the question.

All I'm wondering is how many INT's do some of these other quarterbacks in the league throw on a daily basis in practice compared to Justin Fields, because knowing that would give me a better idea of where my concern level should be since I'm not as locked in on how other teams are practicing as much as I am with the Bears. That's all. Fields threw a lot of picks in practice last year and wound up being 2nd in INT%. The trend, at least so far in training camp, feels like it's continuing.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You can n3g me all day and I'll still be more liked than you.
Well in your world I guess you have hit the pinnacle of your existence, well done..

Dont worry cupcake I will put you back on ignore once I'm no longer payed to fuck with you

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense turned up the intensity. Hopefully we'll see the offense respond next practice. I'm not super concerned with the tip INTs (Tonyan and Claypool have both been solid to this point). I think tomorrow is an off day.

Seems like the plan is to rotate 1st team reps between Tyrique Stevenson and Terell Smith. I heard they were switching every 3 days. The fact that both keep flashing bodes well. Brisker and Gordon both look ready for a 2nd year jump. Our secondary could be really good.

Kind of hard to tell with the DL until we get into games but they seem to be making noise as well. Good to hear Terrell Lewis is still flashing now that the pads are on. Didn't hear much about Dexter today, but he made some splashy plays yesterday.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
any word on any of the late round OL from last year's draft?
Carter has been repping at RG with the 2s. I think he stepped in for Tev at LG at one point, so he's right behind Patrick as a primary backup. Haven't heard much about Kramer. Just a single tweet about winning a rep (1-on-1s?). Diesch (UDFA) was with 2nd team at LT but I think Borom is taking reps there now.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is indicative of what is giving the D the edge, especially today. They know what is coming at them. This is going to force the O to execute perfectly in order to have a puncher’s chance. So, I get it, it’s practice, and we want to see the O thrive, but it’s also practice.

The way I’ve experienced this dilemma is to make sure the D stays in their assignments and runs their D. They weren’t allowed to cheat to where they knew the play would go. It wasn’t much, but it is what I think the Bears are doing now, except, they’re pros.