Official 2023 Training Camp thread

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gosh all this bitching. The thing you would really be concerned with, and this happened in year 1 and some in year 2 is 7 on 7s. If the quarterback is struggling in 7 on 7s, it's worrisome. Fields does not have a history of recklessly throwing the ball around and getting picked off when it matters. And he has been lights out in 7 on 7s.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
That was published 3 minutes after I posted.
I am not playing gotcha. That was more in response to your first post asking why he was getting praise when the tweets were not backing it up. Very few of the tweets are about individual lineman play and the ones that are will more likely be about defensive lineman so we are not getting a balanced view.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Wow. I just saw the interview with JF1 today. Potash was going in... started sh*t talking him and the O.... even said something along the lines of "the offense is just not good". That struck a nerve with Justin. He was respectful but he came back at him and stood up for the O. He straight gave him a lesson on what the offense is working on during this time of year. I like the way he did not take bait, kept it cool, but still brought that heat!

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Wow. I just saw the interview with JF1 today. Potash was going in... started sh*t talking him and the O.... even said something along the lines of "the offense is just not good". That struck a nerve with Justin. He was respectful but he came back at him and stood up for the O. He straight gave him a lesson on what the offense is working on during this time of year. I like the way he did not take bait, kept it cool, but still brought that heat!
That was a really good press conference.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
@dbldrew @TezMaKai - you both get a 1 day timeout. Next time it will be longer. No one wants to read this bullshit.
Thank you for not making me have to wade through 10 pages of shit. The injuries are starting to happen but no carts have been involved which is a good thing. Sure would be nice to see Nate practice in pads but I'm not punching the panic button yet. Brisker seems like he's an absolute beast.

Oh, none of these players have a faster "release" than I did back when I was 16.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Those were just the first two names off the top of my head. I could have asked about Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson, and it wouldn't have changed anything about the question.

All I'm wondering is how many INT's do some of these other quarterbacks in the league throw on a daily basis in practice compared to Justin Fields, because knowing that would give me a better idea of where my concern level should be since I'm not as locked in on how other teams are practicing as much as I am with the Bears. That's all. Fields threw a lot of picks in practice last year and wound up being 2nd in INT%. The trend, at least so far in training camp, feels like it's continuing.
Why don’t you take the time to go look for the tweets? Again every QB in the league has thrown several ints because it’s PRACTICE.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
They're all fast
It is basic physics, an object at rest tends to stay at rest. Inertia must be overcome for movement to occur, the least mass has the highest probability of moving first. Mooney had by far the least mass of that group...

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been kind of confused by the constant praising of Wright when 80% of the tweets about him are him getting beat.
Pads came on and low and behold, Wright, apparently, knows how to hold onto pads better than expected for a rookie. Gipson still got him a few times but he also stoned Gipson some as well. However, the news is, he's doing much better than expected from what people are observing at the camp now that pads are on.

Edit: No one is saying he has the abilities of a veteran tackle, and expectations are he will still make rookie mistakes, but so far, better than expected at this point in time.