Official 2023 Training Camp thread

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have chatted with a couple of Packers fans I've encountered over the summer and without fail, the ones I've talked with are over-the-moon happy that Aaron Rodgers is gone. I mean they really piled onto him and they genuinely believe there will be no drop-off with Jordan Love.

I'm not hating on Jordan Love, but Packers fans seem really spoiled by having consecutive HOF QBs, so much that they don't seem to realize that it's not the norm. Finding a good QB is hard. I have no idea whether Jordan Love will work out for them or not, but at some point you have to at least acknowledge the odds.

I've had the same experience with every single packer fan I have encountered. Doesn't seem like strained copium, either.

Seems like they are genuine true believers.

Gon be a rough year for those cats

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I've had the same experience with every single packer fan I have encountered. Doesn't seem like strained copium, either.

Seems like they are genuine true believers.

Gon be a rough year for those cats
Like children raised in a church, they're about to go to college and find out that they have lived a sheltered life.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I have chatted with a couple of Packers fans I've encountered over the summer and without fail, the ones I've talked with are over-the-moon happy that Aaron Rodgers is gone. I mean they really piled onto him and they genuinely believe there will be no drop-off with Jordan Love.

I'm not hating on Jordan Love, but Packers fans seem really spoiled by having consecutive HOF QBs, so much that they don't seem to realize that it's not the norm. Finding a good QB is hard. I have no idea whether Jordan Love will work out for them or not, but at some point you have to at least acknowledge the odds.
When your whole life has been filled with one or another HOF QB as your starter, you might just have the false belief that this is a normal thing.

For the Packers, any fan who is 30 years old or younger is living under the same crazy belief.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
You don't spend 10.5 mil on a guy in August unless you think your team can make some noise. Just sayin.
I don't get people that don't think they will be competing for the division. This team has a lot of talent. The defense should be greatly improved. They have pro bowl talent in the secondary, pro bowl talent at LB. Dline has added great depth in the middle and now have an edge rusher. Offense is improved greatly, just need to see how the oline holds up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't get people that don't think they will be competing for the division. This team has a lot of talent. The defense should be greatly improved. They have pro bowl talent in the secondary, pro bowl talent at LB. Dline has added great depth in the middle and now have an edge rusher. Offense is improved greatly, just need to see how the oline holds up.

Yeah I mean there's still a ton of unknowns. But Poles is certainly trying this year.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Everyone is talking about the offense but it’s the defense that is going to surprise. The secondary is stacked and for some reason ranked like 25, can’t wait to watch them.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Every packer fan I know thinks like this. Every single one. And then when their team is average they just bail on the season. Like oh god the Packers aren't going to win 13 games, cry me a river. I hope Love is just good enough for them to think he could be the guy so they waste a few seasons on him.