***OFFICIAL*** Bears 2020 Training Camp thread

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky should be starting Week One because he knows the offense a lot better than Foles.

Foles was traded for because he already knows the offense

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Please don't buy into this BS. This is a close knit team with little disfunction to it. No one is going to say anything to the media at this time of the year except for a bunch of sunshine pumping. It happens every year and means nothing.

I guess we already forgot how Patterson was openly lobbying for Bridgewater, Brady and Cam this offseason. To the point that I believe MS was crying about it but now suddenly he believes CP has seen the light, lol.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don’t really take note if guys like Hoge and Johns say Mitch looks better because they’re becoming more and more homer by the day, but Hub doesn’t come across as a homer. He’s pretty well respected isn’t he?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's no conspiracy. Nagy needs to win to keep his job. He will play the better QB whether it be Trubs or Foles

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to say what to make of the QB competition at this point without game action, but I'm encouraged by what I keep hearing about the fire Jimmy Graham is bringing to the offense. That TE group is going to take a huge step forward this season.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t really take note if guys like Hoge and Johns say Mitch looks better because they’re becoming more and more homer by the day, but Hub doesn’t come across as a homer. He’s pretty well respected isn’t he?

Hoge and Jahns aren't homers. They just aren't selling the despair some fans are looking for. IMO they've had a realistic view of the roster all offseason.

Earlier this week, they were talking about Patterson's comments about Mitch. They covered both sides of his statement. Why didn't he see Mitch as the guy last season? Did anything really change? It was good objective take on the pod.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes the addition of Graham was one of the most heavily blasted offseason moves around the league (second to trading away Hopkins).

Nice to hear good things about Graham early.

We haven't heard anything about Graham's play. Just that he likes Kmet and wants to win a championship. Tells us nothing about his actual ability to separate and make plays on the field but hey he can be a great cheerleader and mascot since those aren't allowed on the sidelines.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We haven't heard anything about Graham's play. Just that he likes Kmet and wants to win a championship. Tells us nothing about his actual ability to separate and make plays on the field but hey he can be a great cheerleader and mascot since those aren't allowed on the sidelines.

He flat out dominated in practice this week. There's a whole storyline on how he worked over the secondary and Eddy Jackson had to step in and finally break up a pass. If you have a sub to the Athletic, Jahns detailed it in his coverage of Monday's practice.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson on ESPN: "In three padded practices, Graham has been a standout performer at camp. The 6-foot-7 tight end has been victorious in almost every matchup against defensive backs in 1-on-1 red zone drills, where Graham's trademark has been to fire the football high in the air whenever he beats a cornerback or safety for a touchdown."

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Dude he's 6'7". At this point in his career, that's his ability to separate.

And unless he gets a case of the drops, that's his ability to make plays too.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I have it scored 2-1 Trubisky. But I still don't know if that's enough for him to win the job, IMO.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think people forgot just how much of a freak athlete that guy is. 6-7, huge wingspan, and ran a 4.56 40 yard dash. He was always way more than just a big target.

Kind of like what people said about Deion Sanders later in his career, "he lost a step.. but he had a step to lose."

Just a great quote and only applicable to a handful of athletes that were were just the elite of elites.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He flat out dominated in practice this week. There's a whole storyline on how he worked over the secondary and Eddy Jackson had to step in and finally break up a pass. If you have a sub to the Athletic, Jahns detailed it in his coverage of Monday's practice.

I was referring to the info provided in this thread. If it was stated elsewhere then my bad although I still will believe it when it happens in real games.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude he's 6'7". At this point in his career, that's his ability to separate.

And unless he gets a case of the drops, that's his ability to make plays too.

How tall is Shaheen?

See where I am going with this?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think people forgot just how much of a freak athlete that guy is. 6-7, huge wingspan, and ran a 4.56 40 yard dash. He was always way more than just a big target.

Kind of like what people said about Deion Sanders later in his career, "he lost a step.. but he had a step to lose."

Just a great quote and only applicable to a handful of athletes that were were just the elite of elites.

Nah I think you forgetting how Shaheen was a freak athlete too. Don't mean shit if he can't deliver when it counts. Graham has delivered obviously in the past but he is older and slower now so we shall see.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Nah I think you forgetting how Shaheen was a freak athlete too. Don't mean shit if he can't deliver when it counts. Graham has delivered obviously in the past but he is older and slower now so we shall see.
Even if he doesn't light it up every game, if he has a handful of really good games left in the tank, when those happen that may be the difference between 8-8 and 10-6. I don't anticipate he will put up killer stats and lead the league in stat categories, but if he can be counted on and have a few games getting up around 100 yards and 1-2 TDs, that is a heck of a lot better than the stat line we've gotten from the TE position the previous couple of years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even if he doesn't light it up every game, if he has a handful of really good games left in the tank, when those happen that may be the difference between 8-8 and 10-6. I don't anticipate he will put up killer stats and lead the league in stat categories, but if he can be counted on and have a few games getting up around 100 yards and 1-2 TDs, that is a heck of a lot better than the stat line we've gotten from the TE position the previous couple of years.

I dont disagree. I just will wait until I see it in real games rather than buy into the typical TC bullshit.