Official Blackhawks 2024 Offseason Thread-Bedard owns Chicago

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Louis Crevier as sent down.

I think the move on Korchinski is great. Not because I don't like him or think he has promising future but for what it says of the mentality of management right now. Not afraid to send a guy down who they had to play all last year. Shows too that they rightfully went out and got some guys in the off-season to put pressure on the kids to perform and not just think their NHL players because the Hawks didn't have anyone else to play.

Edit: shit didn't see Louie's name in the original tweet.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Louis Crevier as sent down.

I think the move on Korchinski is great. Not because I don't like him or think he has promising future but for what it says of the mentality of management right now. Not afraid to send a guy down who they had to play all last year. Shows too that they rightfully went out and got some guys in the off-season to put pressure on the kids to perform and not just think their NHL players because the Hawks didn't have anyone else to play.

Edit: shit didn't see Louie's name in the original tweet.
Agreed. Korch looked like congealed buttsweat against Minny. Granted, so did everyone else, but the last thing the 'hawks should be doing is guaranteeing a roster slot to anybody. I like Korch, but I think this will be goof for him; a little less pressure and a little more competition from guys like Leshie to motivate him. It should only be a matter of time before a vet D gets injured and *if* Korch looks like he wants it, send him back up.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Korch looked like congealed buttsweat against Minny. Granted, so did everyone else, but the last thing the 'hawks should be doing is guaranteeing a roster slot to anybody. I like Korch, but I think this will be goof for him; a little less pressure and a little more competition from guys like Leshie to motivate him. It should only be a matter of time before a vet D gets injured and *if* Korch looks like he wants it, send him back up.
Martinez-Brodie-Murphy over/under Thanksgiving???

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Oddly I think physiologically guys can fake themselves out on how good they are and what their ceiling is. By this I mean guys can be in the NHL and think, welp I've made it, I'm at the top level. Even if I"m not playing as good as others, I'm still here and those guys are the best of the best and I'm playing with them so I must be doing good enough. Then you ship them to the AHL and they start having the same issues with talent there and it can be sort of either a wake up call that they need to step it up, or a realization that they just aren't as good as they thought they were. Being in the show can do weird things to players, and not just because they have a nice contract, they can get complacent thinking they belong instead of realizing their just aren't better options right now, a lot of times for business reasons.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah 62.2 and 62.3. Bitching gonna make watching the Hawks so much easier.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, works well!! They're showing a replay of the Wild game.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I feel like Bedard had the opposite of a uni brow - I feel like his eyebrows are gonna grow into his sideburns.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KD might want to reconsider a few of the old farts he brought in. It's pretty much an all-kid line up tonight and they are showing more jump than in any other game this pre season. You're not gonna win anything anyway....let the kids play.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
6-2 bounce back against the blues. Bedard 3 assist and almost a fight.

Preseason over. Real hockey against Utah Tuesday. Damn that's weird.

Also since chsn doesn't have any programming right now they replay the games often so if you miss it and don't have a DVR for them like most you can always watch a replay at random times

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Martinez-Brodie-Murphy over/under Thanksgiving???
I think Martinez gets injured and it takes Murphy until Thanksgiving to skate from our own goal line to our blue line.

"But KOTL," you ask, "Which Thanksgiving? US or Canadian?"

My answer: YES!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KD might want to reconsider a few of the old farts he brought in. It's pretty much an all-kid line up tonight and they are showing more jump than in any other game this pre season. You're not gonna win anything anyway....let the kids play.
I think some of the kids, like Korch, can benefit from the slower pace of AHL play to help them learn to see the NHL ice better and not panic. Plus I'd Rockford is the reason for Vlassic's D-game that'll help much more than Seth Jones and Murphy.

I think the moxie they showed is great, but I'll be patient with the rebuild. It will be only a matter of time before one of our vets gets injured and someone gets the call-up. If they stick them we send the vet packing or they fetch Pang some soft serve.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just a reminder for anyone that cares, you can watch the first Bulls preseason game tonight at 6 on CHSN, then the hockey game at 9 on ESPN. (I don't believe it will be on CHSN)

Side note. The CHSN website has to be about the worst site for a legitimate shared billion dollar organizations, I've ever seen.