Official Blackhawks 2024 Offseason Thread-Bedard owns Chicago

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definitely looked not ready to play....seemed to be a stride behind....did this team look slow, or was my watching them slow?
They looked better in the 2nd and 3rd, but whether that was Richardson tearing them a new one, Foligno tearing them a new one, or someone else I don't think we'll ever know.

In the 1st Jones and Martinez looked as slow as Aucoin and Cullimore--and the rest of the team not that much faster. After that we looked a bit faster, but I think speed is not the team's strong suit. I'm more disappointed that the team lacked the pride and coaching to come in ready to play and spoil the Mormon's home opener.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
When you sign 7-8 guys over 30 during a rebuild; you're gonna look slow.....because you are slow. Half the d are plodders The entire 4th line is slow The 2nd pp unit is slow (and bad) This team should be better...on paper...but I'm not sure they actually get out of the cellar in the division.
Thanks for confirming my eye test.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
They looked better in the 2nd and 3rd, but whether that was Richardson tearing them a new one, Foligno tearing them a new one, or someone else I don't think we'll ever know. In the 1st Jones and Martinez looked as slow as Aucoin and Cullimore--and the rest of the team not that much faster. After that we looked a bit faster, but I think speed is not the team's strong suit. I'm more disappointed that the team lacked the pride and coaching to come in ready to play and spoil the Mormon's home opener.
And also to you...thanks for confirming my eye test. Especially about the first D pairing. Hope I'm wrong, but after 5 minutes of game time, I said to myself.."the season is over"

greg23

Liked Posts:
And also to you...thanks for confirming my eye test. Especially about the first D pairing. Hope I'm wrong, but after 5 minutes of game time, I said to myself.."the season is over"
They looked really bad in the 1st but much better and 2nd and 3rd.......

Their goal tending tandem should be better (when brissoit returns) and they should score more than last year (low.bar) but not sure who they can pass in the division this year

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Not a hockey expert.. but felt like the Hawks were the better team? Hit the bar 4 times, AWFUL first period..
They failed to overcome the juice in the building for the night and paid for it. Utah capitalized at the right time. Blackhawks had stretches where they put things together but with the first period overall Utah was just better. Power play is complete ass and still not generating enough shots consistently.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not necessarily. The way the 'hawks played for stretches in the 2nd and 3rd, they were outplaying the Mormons. The real question on that is whether or not it was because it was that LR/coaching staff gave the team a rectal craniectomy? Or was is the players/player leadership?

In my opinion a successful season will be incremental progression by the rookies, and aside from the 1st there were some good spots. The key is to build on that and play like that for 60 minutes per night. If LR can't do that, he should be canned. We should see better especially against the Sharks, Sabers, and Flames--especially for 60 minutes. If not, then I hope LR is in the hot seat as well as his staff.

In my opinion the only way this season is over is if LR just isn't coaching like an NHL head coach is supposed to and he's not fired for it. We caught glimpses of the team as-constructed and it looks stronger than last year, so play below that litmus means that the team isn't playing to the sum of it's parts. KfC should see that and if he isn't prepared to get in a coach who can get the players to play at, or above the sum of their parts then the failure of the season is on him as well as coaching.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Not necessarily. The way the 'hawks played for stretches in the 2nd and 3rd, they were outplaying the Mormons. The real question on that is whether or not it was because it was that LR/coaching staff gave the team a rectal craniectomy? Or was is the players/player leadership?

In my opinion a successful season will be incremental progression by the rookies, and aside from the 1st there were some good spots. The key is to build on that and play like that for 60 minutes per night. If LR can't do that, he should be canned. We should see better especially against the Sharks, Sabers, and Flames--especially for 60 minutes. If not, then I hope LR is in the hot seat as well as his staff.

In my opinion the only way this season is over is if LR just isn't coaching like an NHL head coach is supposed to and he's not fired for it. We caught glimpses of the team as-constructed and it looks stronger than last year, so play below that litmus means that the team isn't playing to the sum of it's parts. KfC should see that and if he isn't prepared to get in a coach who can get the players to play at, or above the sum of their parts then the failure of the season is on him as well as coaching.
I should have placed a ...lol...at the end of my comment....that's on me......I'm very much an optimist on sports....if you knew me you would have known I was just being sardonic. No way I'm giving up on a team after 5 minutes of game time. But they did look a stride behind at the start. Same as last year and the slow starts. LR needs to have them ready at the drop of the puck.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I should have placed a ...lol...at the end of my comment....that's on me......I'm very much an optimist on sports....if you knew me you would have known I was just being sardonic. No way I'm giving up on a team after 5 minutes of game time. But they did look a stride behind at the start. Same as last year and the slow starts. LR needs to have them ready at the drop of the puck.
Exactly. To me that's the salient point in everything. Had the 'hawks played the full 60 like they played the 2nd it would have been a game. They didn't, and that is on LR. I'm hoping to see that issue, and the shooting issue, fixed soon. If not we need to find a coach that can get the best out of the guys from opening puck drop until the final whistle.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Looking okay. Still not getting enough shots off. Still haven't had a power play. Soda Bloom doing okay.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Only six of the first 18 games are at home with four of them all together in a stretch. Rough start to the season but if they can play well and keep their head above water they might just have a chance with back loaded home games

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Heartbreaking. That would have been huge to get that regular time win.