"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
These Cs all have very similar point numbers........that being said, I'm a very big, big, big proponent of....how is their FO winning %? The tie-breaker for me.....FO winning %.........not even another close tie-breaker, in my book.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
He was in Florida for the pre-draft meetings and everything I read is that his goal is the NHL. He was asked about Bedard and knew a whole lot. I personally think he's the 2nd best talent in the draft but I do acknowledge the risk. The Hawks will probably take the safer pick but I believe they have better D talent in the system than forwards.
Good take and I agree with you, for the most part, however, all the young D won't make the Blackhawks because there are so many. One or more can be, and probably, traded in the near future for an established forward. Korchinski, Vlasic are already there. I'm expecting Del Maestro to make it next year, Kizer and Phillips have some experience and will get more next season imo.....Rinzel, Allen (signed thru 25-26), Crevier and Roos. And these are just the D-men in the system who have contracts! Who knows who's in the Juniors playing well? A few will definitely be "trade bait." I don't like the unsureness of Demidov. Take the sure thing in Levshunov. (sp)

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
One last thing on why I think Levshunov is going to be the pick.......I've read that he did not visit any other team but the BHs.....so his agent probably told other teams not to bother scheduling a meeting, it would be a waste of time.......BHs probably told the agent....."He's the guy" .....quote Monk 2003-2009....don't want to plagiarize here...give Monk his due.....:) .....but only the BHs know for sure.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m team demidov. Probably won’t be bowman level fuck up passing on him but would be disappointing

Washington

Liked Posts:
I’m team demidov. Probably won’t be bowman level fuck up passing on him but would be disappointing

I believe Demidov is a point a game player and would be amazing with Bedard. The team needs another dynamic weapon. We will find out shortly. If the Hawks pass on him, some team is going to be clicking their heels like a little school girl when they select him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Through 9 picks. 3 D 4 "C" 2 RW. Hopefully some good wings on the board for the next pick

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Boisvert is a goalscorer. A deceptive wrister and powerful one-timer make him a threat from distance, while his net-front skills and off-puck timing drive his in-tight finishing. He can also make just about every pass in the book, easily navigating layers of sticks with slip and saucer passes, even off the backhand. The passing skills appear mostly off the rush, finding cross-ice targets for high-value entries and faking the shot to prepare the cross-slot lane. -

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Boisvert is a goalscorer. A deceptive wrister and powerful one-timer make him a threat from distance, while his net-front skills and off-puck timing drive his in-tight finishing. He can also make just about every pass in the book, easily navigating layers of sticks with slip and saucer passes, even off the backhand. The passing skills appear mostly off the rush, finding cross-ice targets for high-value entries and faking the shot to prepare the cross-slot lane. -
Already an upgrade over Reichel.

I like how we drafted. Theoretically we might have risked for better, but I think KD did a solid. He gor a righty D. He got a potential #2C, and probably the next Hagel.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

image12.png
58m ago
Pierre LeBrun
Senior Writer, NHL

What could've been on draft night?​

Could have been fireworks at the top of the draft tonight. Hearing that the Blackhawks offered next year’s first-round pick, unprotected, plus another pick, in return for the fourth overall pick.
Believe it came pretty close but the Blue Jackets passed. They really love Cayden Lindstrom and couldn't pass up taking him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seems most hockey analysts believe the Hawks could have had better players than who they selected

Washington

Liked Posts:
Idt they needed to trade to get the guys they did.

Totally agree. Did they trade away the 2nd to move to 18 to specifically get Boisvert or did they have to settle? We'll never know. Not sure about the 2nd trade either giving up the remaining 2nds to move up a few slots. Time will tell.

I sure wish the trade offer to move to 4 would have happened but then again, the team is very far away from contending and next year's pick should be a top 5. I really wanted Demidov.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
8 players all range from 6'1' to 6'3"....6 big body Forwards is just what they needed....2 D-men one 6'2" and one 6'3"....this draft is about winning puck battles and protection for the smaller guys who don't fight....not stats btw so sorry to disappoint some of you....

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
If Demidov is so great why did 4 teams pass on him? Inquiry minds want to know.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
A quote about Boisvert........"He takes pride in his two-way game and his success on FACE-OFFS..............Mark Morreale - NHL.com. takes pride on FOs..... Sounds like a Jonathan Toews type player. But what do I know?

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
View attachment 39094
58m ago
Pierre LeBrun
Senior Writer, NHL

What could've been on draft night?​

Could have been fireworks at the top of the draft tonight. Hearing that the Blackhawks offered next year’s first-round pick, unprotected, plus another pick, in return for the fourth overall pick.
Believe it came pretty close but the Blue Jackets passed. They really love Cayden Lindstrom and couldn't pass up taking him.

Taking a Center over a highly-touted Winger.....shocking, isn't it?.......lol.....