"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Drafting Two-way, 200 ft. rink players is the way to go. It's not the "sexy" route to take, but the wisest for sure. Those are the types of teams that win the Cup. Not the 'flashy' ones. Look at Edmonton. They have had high-powered Offenses for how long now? I was actually surprised they made it to the Finals. But that's just me. Rangers, same thing.

Washington

Liked Posts:
If Demidov is so great why did 4 teams pass on him? Inquiry minds want to know.

Plays in Russia with geopolitical concerns and under contract for another year in Russia. The Hawks tried like hell to trade back into the #4 slot to take him. Lots of the analysts had him as the 2nd best talent in the draft.

Demidov brings superstar potential

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hawks have had 8 first round picks in the last 3 drafts. Including a 1, 2, and 7.

If this rebuild fails it's completely on management and their inability to scout talent.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Hawks have had 8 first round picks in the last 3 drafts. Including a 1, 2, and 7.

If this rebuild fails it's completely on management and their inability to scout talent.

Their plan for this rebuild has been top notch. But like you said we will see in 5 years if the talent they got works out.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

Little bit of an extreme comment, don't you think? I enjoy your posts, but are you playing the blame game already? Inability to scout talent? Is this a serious observation on your part? Davidson has run 3 drafts and is killing it! His first 2 No. 1s are in the league and both played their entire first year while still being teenagers! I would say he hit on those picks, don't you think? I would think most No. 1s don't even play a full season, on the NHL team until their 3rd year after being drafted. The BHs are waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of schedule on this rebuild. All BH fans should be thanking God that Scotty Bowman's kid is no longer ruining.....I mean "running" this franchise. Again, love your posts, but we will have to agree to disagree here.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Plays in Russia with geopolitical concerns and under contract for another year in Russia. The Hawks tried like hell to trade back into the #4 slot to take him. Lots of the analysts had him as the 2nd best talent in the draft.

Demidov brings superstar potential
Everything you say is true. But irrelevant to my point. Great hockey teams are built "up the middle." Goalie, D-men and Centers. The wingers are last as far as importance. This is not opinion. You keep the middle clear and force teams to shoot from bad angles. (Still to this day I don't know how Patrick Kane was so great at scoring from the angles he did at times. Especially the Cup winner vs. Philly. God-given talent and lots of practice is my opinion) True, BHs wanted to trade for the 4th pick. I bet there were other teams that wanted to also. But Columbus said a big-time no. Why? Because in their eyes, they wanted the 3rd or 4th best Center over the No. 1 Winger. Doesn't that tell people something? Imo, they definitely made the right choice, and I'm not happy they did, because they're in our division.......lol....He may be the 2nd best talent by the analysts, but for the men whose jobs are on the line.........he wasn't. I enjoy your posts, so I'm not here to argue, but exchange opinions.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Their plan for this rebuild has been top notch. But like you said we will see in 5 years if the talent they got works out.
Imo...its not taking 5 years.....imo '25-'26 season starts the serious contending. And yes..I'm a little too ethusiastic at times.....lol.....I like the young D guys that are here and the little we've seen from the others. Nothing personal against Tiordi, Zeitsev, Megna, but they are going and need to be replaced this season. Sign a Top-4 vet and bring up 2 more young guys.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hockey is closer to baseball than football draft wise...you miss a lot more than you hit. By getting higher choices, you improve your chances but it doesn't insure anything. KD did all the right things... let's see how it plays out.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Most of these draft picks won’t reach full potential until about 25-27 years old especially on defense.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Hockey is closer to baseball than football draft wise...you miss a lot more than you hit. By getting higher choices, you improve your chances but it doesn't insure anything. KD did all the right things... let's see how it plays out.
I agree whole-heartedly....that is why I'm so high on KD and his scouts.......his 1st two No.1 picks have made the big-league team as teenagers! And they deserved it too. And I do realize it's a combination of their talent, but also the BHs, how shall I say, are "short on talent" at the moment. But still nonetheless..... teenagers. The experience they are getting is incalculable, imo. And Vlasic is only 22, I believe. He's a rock. He ended up a -4 difference on a team that finished -111....that's effing incomprehensible! Wait until he & Korchinski get some help, I'm hoping for it to be within, although I think a vet will be brought in. And I mean a very good to great vet, not the stuff that's been brought in the last couple years. I don't know the players as when I was younger, but imo, they'll bring in a vet. I could be wrong about that. But I'm not wrong about these young guys, I trust my instincts watching hockey for a loooooooooooooong time.....lol....

Edit: I believe this year's No. 1 is going to be on the team starting the '25-'26 season. So that will be 3-for-3 on the first pick.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Imo...its not taking 5 years.....imo '25-'26 season starts the serious contending. And yes..I'm a little too ethusiastic at times.....lol.....I like the young D guys that are here and the little we've seen from the others. Nothing personal against Tiordi, Zeitsev, Megna, but they are going and need to be replaced this season. Sign a Top-4 vet and bring up 2 more young guys.
Yeah best cast scenario two more years but just trying to be more realistic here. Hockey rebuilds take awhile

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well that right there tells me we will be seeing a lot of new faces this year.....4 of those guys played regular minutes last year.

And to the guy above claiming dmen mature at 25-27......how do the names Faber, Byram, Sanderson, Bouchard, Dobson and Harley fit into the train of thought? It's why drafting is so difficult....players are not all the same.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Yeah best cast scenario two more years but just trying to be more realistic here. Hockey rebuilds take awhile
Odds are your take is the more realistic, I'll agree. But I would like to see them competing in 3 years, because I'm at the age I may not be alive in 3 years......lol.....But one can't go to heaven without dying....

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Well that right there tells me we will be seeing a lot of new faces this year.....4 of those guys played regular minutes last year.

And to the guy above claiming dmen mature at 25-27......how do the names Faber, Byram, Sanderson, Bouchard, Dobson and Harley fit into the train of thought? It's why drafting is so difficult....players are not all the same.
Seeing new faces will be a very good thing, imo. Nazar, Dach, Del Mastro, Landis, Phillips, Crevier, all have a very nice shot at making the team next year.

Last edited: