"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
As to the first bolded sentence, not so sure about that. I started whining about 5 years ago that the earliest this team could possibly ice a competitive team would be '24-'25, and most that I was being too negative, but they are now still a couple years away - at least. And other than a couple obvious cornerstone players currently on the roster, there is nothing but unproven potential.

The second bolded sentence must be underscored, the long-term damage Stan the Lesser inflicted cannot be underestimated, I didn't think a GM could leave a shitier roster and cap situation than Jerry Angelo, but the Lesser is orders of magnitude worse, fuck that guy.
I'll admit I'm a bit more optimistic than most........your second paragraph is gospel.........lol at "Stan the Lesser."

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Can't forget Dale Tallon either.....the true genius who built the BHs.....he left Florida in 2020, but his mark is on that team.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I went and took care of some business, I come home and find the BHs opened up the flood gates!....lol..... Guess I'm wrong about bringing up Forward prospects next year. Looks like the BHs feel they need a bit more seasoning at Rockford.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Edmonton has Stanbo on their list for potential GM candidates

greg23

Liked Posts:
My takeaways:

Backup goalie got alot better...(and should see more starts than soderblum )

Bottom 6 fwd got better with actual nhl players....but 10-12 of 14 fwd group is made up of bottom 6 type vets except for Bedard/Teuvo...and maybe bertuzzi/hall.

Young fwds (nazar/slaggert) will likely be in minors most of season until injuries/trades

Martinez is OK but a shell of his former self

Overall the team should be better but still struggle to score and likely still a way from a wc spot...prob picking in top 10 again

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Won’t be a tank team this year. Definitely planning on competing for a playoff spot
I like these signings so far, not a tank as you say, but not a cup team. What it is though is a signal that the losing should be over. At some point all these young kids have to be taught how to win, and I think they are putting together a team that can find some consistency and balance and start creating the winning culture. Something that the new wave of young bodies can step right into and grow their potential in. It's very hard to know how good players are, especially at a very young age where they don't know how to adjust to the league, when the talent around them doesn't allow them to play or grow they're too busy just trying to survive. A few players have the talent to overcome that but when you are drafting this many young players you're expecting them to develop still, and that can't happen without solid guys around them who are already there.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Solid player. Many fans in Detroit were mad when yzerman traded him(some probably cause they liked he was anti vaccine). But it’s not any different like it was here for the rebuild you make tough decisions to clear cap, tank, acquire assets. Idt he’s the same player he was a few years ago that showed tons of potential. Other than that most leafs fans hated him right @WestCoastBearsFan . Maybe you can tell us more present day bertuzzi
Hated is a bit strong.

I think most expected more out of Bertuzzi is fair to say. I think he’s just not a very good skater, and it shows in his foot speed, which is his biggest weakness as a player.

Also his physicality or tenacity or whatever you want to call it never really showed up.

He’s a solid middle 6 guy to me. Not elite at anything really but solid overall.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My takeaways:

Backup goalie got alot better...(and should see more starts than soderblum )

Bottom 6 fwd got better with actual nhl players....but 10-12 of 14 fwd group is made up of bottom 6 type vets except for Bedard/Teuvo...and maybe bertuzzi/hall.

Young fwds (nazar/slaggert) will likely be in minors most of season until injuries/trades

Martinez is OK but a shell of his former self

Overall the team should be better but still struggle to score and likely still a way from a wc spot...prob picking in top 10 again
Soderblom should not see the NHL at all next year.
If anything Martinez and Murphy should be 6-7 guys while we get looks at his like EDM, etc. we don't want kids being pressboxed; but oft-injuted vets? Sure.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Soderblom should not see the NHL at all next year.

If anything Martinez and Murphy should be 6-7 guys while we get looks at his like EDM, etc. we don't want kids being pressboxed; but oft-injuted vets? Sure.
Yea...no open spots anywhere for the prospects....I thought a few would make the team next season....but I go along with the BHs plan of getting these guys 'seasoning' at Rockford. I at this time have no complaints with the BHs game plan. This also tells me, and I want to see this, that Leshunov is going back to MSU for his sophomore year. imo, it's the right move. I don't know how many of you knew this, but I just read the other day that Leshunov was the D-player of The Year in the Big-Ten. One word summary....Impressive! More fuel on the fire why I'm glad the BHs drafted him.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Arty was a #2 pick,the only way I don't see him in Chicago is if he goes back to school. These older guys are just placeholders...if any of the kids appear to be ready they will be watching games on TV.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Arty was a #2 pick,the only way I don't see him in Chicago is if he goes back to school. These older guys are just placeholders...if any of the kids appear to be ready they will be watching games on TV.
Injuries and struggles are inevitable too, a team like this is going to need depth and flexibility to make changes. As well as have pieces to move to fill the holes that inevitably will come up. Having too many players is a much better position than too few. Also goes back to my pre-draft question of a log jam of young players, who then you'll be battling with all their next contracts coming up at the same time. We want all these kids to be good and play now, but it's a fine balance of them being good and playing now when the team sucks, vs. possibly not being able to afford them when the team is getting good and then making some very tough decisions.