Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

Blackhawks sign Alec Martinez to one-year contract​

The Blackhawks are adding a veteran presence to the locker room and the blue line, signing Alec Martinez to a one-year deal, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie. The three-time Stanley Cup champion played 55 games for the Golden Knights last season.

Lived in LA when he was on the Kings....not much of a goal scorer, from what I remember, BUT he did score the OT winner vs the BHs in the 2014 Western Finals in game 7. If people remember it bounced off a post, hit the back of Crawford's back and rolled in for the winner. no pun intended but that was a sinking feeling. He also scored the Cup winner in OT vs the Devils. Always had a knack for making big plays. Many guys have better stats, but I prefer playahs who make big plays when needed. I like the signing for 1 year.

Edit: I stand corrected.....his Cup winner was vs Rangers.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Blackhawks sign Alec Martinez to one-year contract​

The Blackhawks are adding a veteran presence to the locker room and the blue line, signing Alec Martinez to a one-year deal, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie. The three-time Stanley Cup champion played 55 games for the Golden Knights last season.
Contractually, they are stuck with Jones but Murphy could have a new address soon. Martinez is a one year filler....KD making room for some of the kids.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Contractually, they are stuck with Jones but Murphy could have a new address soon. Martinez is a one year filler....KD making room for some of the kids.
I'm not a big fan of Jones, especially his contract. I'm I wrong? Or is there something I'm not seeing in his play? Everybody feel free to respond.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Do you know anything about this player you can share? Strengths? Weaknesses? For all to answer...do you like this signing? Idk anything about him, but signing someone for 4 years is a serious signing.
Solid player. Many fans in Detroit were mad when yzerman traded him(some probably cause they liked he was anti vaccine). But it’s not any different like it was here for the rebuild you make tough decisions to clear cap, tank, acquire assets. Idt he’s the same player he was a few years ago that showed tons of potential. Other than that most leafs fans hated him right @WestCoastBearsFan . Maybe you can tell us more present day bertuzzi

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Solid player. Many fans in Detroit were mad when yzerman traded him(some probably cause they liked he was anti vaccine). But it’s not any different like it was here for the rebuild you make tough decisions to clear cap, tank, acquire assets. Idt he’s the same player he was a few years ago that showed tons of potential. Other than that most leafs fans hated him right @WestCoastBearsFan . Maybe you can tell us more present day bertuzzi
That's for the info.....

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Teuvo should have never been traded to begin with, glad he is back. Solid signings so far.

Seems like Pat Maroon and a couple other guys were signed as well. See if I can find out who.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Teuvo should have never been traded to begin with, glad he is back. Solid signings so far.

Seems like Pat Maroon and a couple other guys were signed as well. See if I can find out who.
I think the total was 8.....KD did say he was tired of getting his ass kicked.

Correction....not 8 but 6. He also resigned Anderson who I thought was one of their better forwards by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised Teuvo has a 107 +/- for his career. Never would have thought.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Little bit of an extreme comment, don't you think? I enjoy your posts, but are you playing the blame game already? Inability to scout talent? Is this a serious observation on your part? Davidson has run 3 drafts and is killing it! His first 2 No. 1s are in the league and both played their entire first year while still being teenagers! I would say he hit on those picks, don't you think? I would think most No. 1s don't even play a full season, on the NHL team until their 3rd year after being drafted. The BHs are waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of schedule on this rebuild. All BH fans should be thanking God that Scotty Bowman's kid is no longer ruining.....I mean "running" this franchise. Again, love your posts, but we will have to agree to disagree here.
As to the first bolded sentence, not so sure about that. I started whining about 5 years ago that the earliest this team could possibly ice a competitive team would be '24-'25, and most that I was being too negative, but they are now still a couple years away - at least. And other than a couple obvious cornerstone players currently on the roster, there is nothing but unproven potential.

The second bolded sentence must be underscored, the long-term damage Stan the Lesser inflicted cannot be underestimated, I didn't think a GM could leave a shitier roster and cap situation than Jerry Angelo, but the Lesser is orders of magnitude worse, fuck that guy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As to the first bolded sentence, not so sure about that. I started whining about 5 years ago that the earliest this team could possibly ice a competitive team would be '24-'25, and most that I was being too negative, but they are now still a couple years away - at least. And other than a couple obvious cornerstone players currently on the roster, there is nothing but unproven potential.

The second bolded sentence must be underscored, the long-term damage Stan the Lesser inflicted cannot be underestimated, I didn't think a GM could leave a shitier roster and cap situation than Jerry Angelo, but the Lesser is orders of magnitude worse, fuck that guy.
Depends on what your definition of competitive is....to me, it's being a borderline playoff team. Either barely sneaking in or barely edged out. If you use the Finals or even some playoff advancement as a barometer....then you would be correct. This team is aways away from that. But if a couple of these kids step up, they could be a borderline playoff team as early as this year.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Craig Smith
Pat Martin
Laurent Brossit

All 3 brought in.

Be nice to have actual Bottom 6 NHL players than the AhL level guys we have had the last few seasons

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Depends on what your definition of competitive is....to me, it's being a borderline playoff team. Either barely sneaking in or barely edged out. If you use the Finals or even some playoff advancement as a barometer....then you would be correct. This team is aways away from that. But if a couple of these kids step up, they could be a borderline playoff team as early as this year.
Fair point. I don't mean "competitive" like the Bulls which is to sneak in to the lowest slot in the playoffs with zero chance to advance. I'm referring to "competitive" in the sense that they have a reasonable chance to win a playoff series.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You really got to like how KD has orchestrated everything. I mean I know it will all come down to how well his drafts turn out but he obviously had a plan and he has implemented it well. Time will tell but I think the Hawks found a good one.