***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we're going to see a lot of Scott or Velus running clear out routes to save tread on (mostly) KA and DJ. You dont need to waste those 2 sprinting 30 yards downfield just to target the Dagger underneath them. Odunzes only 22 though so they're probably happy to let him run until hes foaming at the mouth.
Agree.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Oh hey 8th practice of the year and someone finally watched Odunze work instead of reporting on the occasional reception.

"With so much of the focus being around Caleb Williams, it almost feels like Odunze isn’t getting the attention a normal No. 9 overall pick would get if he was on any other team that only had one pick in the top 10."

Odd quote
It's actually not odd at all. I've seen plenty on odunze but wouldn't expect him to have nearly as much coverage as the qb drafted #1 overall

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It's actually not odd at all. I've seen plenty on odunze but wouldn't expect him to have nearly as much coverage as the qb drafted #1 overall
Personally, with a QB drafted #1 overall, I expect the receiving units to get coverage based on how well they are performing for the rookie QB. So it would make sense that press follows the order of the depth chart. Moore and Allen should get the most press, followed by Odunze and Scott, with VJJ competing for press with the TEs and RBs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Notes from Monday’s camp via The Athletic:

“The Chicago Bears offense had the ball on the 6-yard line inside the Walter Payton Center at Monday’s practice. Here was an opportunity to respond to a rough Saturday practice and struggles near the goal line.

Caleb Williams, flushed from the pocket to his right, found wide receiver Keenan Allen in the back of the end zone for a touchdown. We’ll let the rookie quarterback break it down.

“We had a quick game for blitz that I went to … where we’re starting right there in that progression,” he said. “Start there and then I got back to Keenan. I felt the pocket’s collapsing and I felt a big gap open up, and I know Keenan is coming on the back line and I felt the defense push over, the ’backer attach. The ’backer was too low and I threw it over his head.”

From our vantage point, we saw Allen running from left to right along the back line with a defender trailing, and the linebacker in front, but Williams got the ball to his receiver in stride for the score.

Williams specifically mentioned his ability to recognize blitzes and then get to where his answers are for them before and after the snap.

“(It’s) feeling that out to adjust protection, to adjust whether it’s a run, flip the run, flip the run in to it, flip the protection, get to a quick game, get to a Cover 0 check,” he said.

The Bears should love that Williams is embracing this challenging part of quarterback play early. It’s not easy. The best veterans still struggle with blitz pickups.

Waldron said they don’t want to “hold back on that ability he has” when Williams creates outside the pocket. We saw it on the touchdown to Allen. But Williams also has shown he can comfortably make plays from the pocket.

From the 6-yard line, Williams made an anticipatory throw to the back left corner of the end zone and dropped it right in the arms of Odunze for the score. Those are the plays you’d like to see more often, of course, but it’s all a process. Williams said they are finally nearing the end of installing the full playbook.

Rookie on the rise?​

Defensive end Austin Booker, the Bears’ fifth-round selection, has started to rotate more with the starters in camp, including during practice on Monday.

“It’s been great,” Booker said. “I’ve been able to see what the ones’ offensive line looks like and getting a better look than going against the twos. It’s been a great opportunity and just making the best of it.”

Playing opposite Montez Sweat has resulted in opportunities against left tackle Braxton Jones.

“Braxton is probably the best tackle out there,” Booker said. “(He’s) probably top three tackles I’ve gone up against.”

Booker said that Jones’ “strong-ass hands” make him challenging.

“He knows when to throw them, too,” he said. “That’s the biggest thing — timing. Because if you just try to throw them right off the bat, I’m just going to get them off. But if you wait for me to make my move first and then you throw them, that’s when you get guys.”

The rest is at the link below.

Bears camp: Early impressions of Caleb Williams and how he views his progressBears camp: Early impressions of Caleb Williams and how he views his progress

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Notes from Monday’s camp via The Athletic:

“The Chicago Bears offense had the ball on the 6-yard line inside the Walter Payton Center at Monday’s practice. Here was an opportunity to respond to a rough Saturday practice and struggles near the goal line.

Caleb Williams, flushed from the pocket to his right, found wide receiver Keenan Allen in the back of the end zone for a touchdown. We’ll let the rookie quarterback break it down.

“We had a quick game for blitz that I went to … where we’re starting right there in that progression,” he said. “Start there and then I got back to Keenan. I felt the pocket’s collapsing and I felt a big gap open up, and I know Keenan is coming on the back line and I felt the defense push over, the ’backer attach. The ’backer was too low and I threw it over his head.”

From our vantage point, we saw Allen running from left to right along the back line with a defender trailing, and the linebacker in front, but Williams got the ball to his receiver in stride for the score.

Williams specifically mentioned his ability to recognize blitzes and then get to where his answers are for them before and after the snap.

“(It’s) feeling that out to adjust protection, to adjust whether it’s a run, flip the run, flip the run in to it, flip the protection, get to a quick game, get to a Cover 0 check,” he said.

The Bears should love that Williams is embracing this challenging part of quarterback play early. It’s not easy. The best veterans still struggle with blitz pickups.

Waldron said they don’t want to “hold back on that ability he has” when Williams creates outside the pocket. We saw it on the touchdown to Allen. But Williams also has shown he can comfortably make plays from the pocket.

From the 6-yard line, Williams made an anticipatory throw to the back left corner of the end zone and dropped it right in the arms of Odunze for the score. Those are the plays you’d like to see more often, of course, but it’s all a process. Williams said they are finally nearing the end of installing the full playbook.

Rookie on the rise?​

Defensive end Austin Booker, the Bears’ fifth-round selection, has started to rotate more with the starters in camp, including during practice on Monday.

“It’s been great,” Booker said. “I’ve been able to see what the ones’ offensive line looks like and getting a better look than going against the twos. It’s been a great opportunity and just making the best of it.”

Playing opposite Montez Sweat has resulted in opportunities against left tackle Braxton Jones.

“Braxton is probably the best tackle out there,” Booker said. “(He’s) probably top three tackles I’ve gone up against.”

Booker said that Jones’ “strong-ass hands” make him challenging.

“He knows when to throw them, too,” he said. “That’s the biggest thing — timing. Because if you just try to throw them right off the bat, I’m just going to get them off. But if you wait for me to make my move first and then you throw them, that’s when you get guys.”

The rest is at the link below.

Bears camp: Early impressions of Caleb Williams and how he views his progressBears camp: Early impressions of Caleb Williams and how he views his progress
At least Waldron appears to not be a fucking idiot and is catering the offense to the player .

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Was anyone able to get tickets for training camp? My friends and I struck out even though we went on ticketmaster right when they became available. Oh well.

msadows

Liked Posts: