***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By taking away the thumbsdown (nnegg) now everyone responds negatively in the thread, and draws this whole thing out. It's had the opposite affect.

Honestly, the vast majority here are in a good mood and positive about the upcoming season, and one asshole drags this place down with his constant bitching.

So you wouldn't reply to him if you had the dislike emoji? I 100% believe you would do both and if i really cared i could probably go find 100's of his posts that you replied to and disliked.

This is true. Usually I would just dislike and move on. Can't do that anymore. Any abuse of negggs is usually just returned anyway so don't see the issue

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the highlight this week will be the Enshrinement, Which I cant go to in person (get them onions ready brodies...😭 Mongo's piece is gonna be fucking rough), but before all that OUR dose of Reality kicks the fuck in...we get to see our guys in uniform, Caleb, Rome And Allen in Navy or White.
So yall got 3 days to go fuck yourselves up and report back to CCS on the 1st.
Tough about Mongo but so happy he made to here.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I can almost believe the hype about Scott but them trying to hype VJJ is too much.

Scott was actually a player in college football who got more polished and better at being a wideout every year. Its likely if he stayed for his senior season he'd have been drafted muchg higher.

Velus was a guy who didnt do shit until he was 24. Scott was better than velus ever was in college.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Training camp is just a couple days away gents! WHO's Excited!?!

With Williams and Odunze unchallenged as starters, what other camp battles are you looking forward to the most?!

Will Odunze play in the HoF game?

Who's the starting 5 Olinemen for week 1?

Will they keep any of their UDFA from this year? Will it only be Keith Randolph?
Camp Battles
- Ozone/Scott.
Ozone will probably start, being a 9th pick overall. But I suppose Scott could play so well in TC/preseason as to start. He brings the speed element to stretch the field. That might be important to Waldron's offense.

The "starting" thing is sometimes a bit honorary. If Scott continues to stand out, or even Velus, I expect plenty of player changes play-to-play, hopefully depending on the defenders.

- Velus/Carter Starting KR/PR between Velus and Carter will be interesting. Velus is listed on the unofficial depth chart for PR, so I guess they're giving him another shot. If he can do PR, it saves a roster spot. But I expect they'd keep Carter for a while, even if Velus wins PR. Carter might be a SP Gunner.

- Booker/Robinson - I hope Booker is good enough to beat Robinson for pass plays. Our season kind of depends on Booker being good. He's doing well in camp. Would be nice if Robinson makes leap in his 3rd year. We need depth too.

- Davis/Bates, Shelton/Bates - see below

Starting 5 OL?
Of course, I've been harping on securing a replacement for Nate Davis a long time. Unfortunately, the Davis situation is as bad as I feared. Hopefully Bates is as good as Poles valued him when he traded for him. Everyone hopes Davis bounces back. But for OL cohesion, might as well stick with Bates at this point.

At the moment, Davis is out with injury, so Shelton is C by default. Shelton is 20lbs lighter than Bates and avg. I suspect Bates would've started at C if Davis was good to go. It screws Bates' Center reps if Davis eventually starts. They want to give Davis every opportunity to bounce back, especially with what they paid him.

Jones/Jenkins/Shelton/Bates/Wright

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Camp Battles
- Ozone/Scott.
Ozone will probably start, being a 9th pick overall. But I suppose Scott could play so well in TC/preseason as to start. He brings the speed element to stretch the field. That might be important to Waldron's offense.

The "starting" thing is sometimes a bit honorary. If Scott continues to stand out, or even Velus, I expect plenty of player changes play-to-play, hopefully depending on the defenders.

- Velus/Carter Starting KR/PR between Velus and Carter will be interesting. Velus is listed on the unofficial depth chart for PR, so I guess they're giving him another shot. If he can do PR, it saves a roster spot. But I expect they'd keep Carter for a while, even if Velus wins PR. Carter might be a SP Gunner.

- Booker/Robinson - I hope Booker is good enough to beat Robinson for pass plays. Our season kind of depends on Booker being good. He's doing well in camp. Would be nice if Robinson makes leap in his 3rd year. We need depth too.

- Davis/Bates, Shelton/Bates - see below

Starting 5 OL?
Of course, I've been harping on securing a replacement for Nate Davis a long time. Unfortunately, the Davis situation is as bad as I feared. Hopefully Bates is as good as Poles valued him when he traded for him. Everyone hopes Davis bounces back. But for OL cohesion, might as well stick with Bates at this point.

At the moment, Davis is out with injury, so Shelton is C by default. Shelton is 20lbs lighter than Bates and avg. I suspect Bates would've started at C if Davis was good to go. It screws Bates' Center reps if Davis eventually starts. They want to give Davis every opportunity to bounce back, especially with what they paid him.

Jones/Jenkins/Shelton/Bates/Wright

Robinson is a dud but they were working Booker in with the 1s today. If he can be effective on 3rd down that would be really nice

It's been posted in the last thread but Davis ain't staying here past this season - he's clearly not a reliable starter. Hopefully Jenkins can stay healthy and that money goes to him and they use 2 of their top picks on OL talent next year so we can cut out this unreliable OL bullshit.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
ahhh shit, that hangover comes back to haunt me.....
View attachment 39547

Why are you still fucking crying???
another 15 pages later on.. and you're still bitching about some shit you took bait on???????
That's your fucking fault.
Let me hit you with some fucking knowledge man... your avatar is Marcus Aurelius ..A stoic philosopher, the fucking guy practiced eudemonia. Which makes MARCUS a far cry from being like "hey! look at me!!! i got haters!!!" ........ you took Aurelius quote in your avatar as a fucking misconception!! You sure, you ain't look at life the wrong way??? you saw a quote that you thought was meant for haters and misfired, cause you sure as fuck don't provide any happiness in your posts.
The exact opposite in fact...

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robinson is a dud but they were working Booker in with the 1s today. If he can be effective on 3rd down that would be really nice

It's been posted in the last thread but Davis ain't staying here past this season - he's clearly not a reliable starter. Hopefully Jenkins can stay healthy and that money goes to him and they use 2 of their top picks on OL talent next year so we can cut out this unreliable OL bullshit.
Wait until Booker plays another team and realizes that our oline is not very good. lol

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
ahhh yes, with this much engagement idk how anyone but you could be considered the reason why he got into the HOF
View attachment 39558
Your narcissism knows no bounds, which is truly incredible considering what a massive failure you are at every aspect in life.

Can't believe you're going to have to apologize for doxxing Daniel's twitter account that he, himselve, linked !

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I do not understand this move one bit, unless they're looking for someone to take camp punishment.
For sure. RB Demetric Felton was signed cause Travis Homer and Ian Wheeler are banged up. Felton is also a decent SP player, gunner, good receiver (had 2 receiving TDs in '21) and can return punts. Now that he's here, he could take Homer's spot.
Maybe a little under thrown as he did have to slow down a tad. Not by much though. To his credit it was great ball adjustment, but obviously the drop was unfortunate (that's the hardest ball to catch). I'm sure he was upset with himself for dropping that. That might have been a TD in a game, and considering how hard red-zone points have been to come by, it would have been welcome. Honestly it seems that Trestman was the only recent Bears OC who knew how to reliably score in the red zone.
Headshot beat me to it. Yeah, on that play Johnson got his hand on the ball. Good D. With the defender covering that close, the ball should have been 2-3 feet higher and/or ahead.

JohnsonOnAllen.jpg

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For sure. RB Demetric Felton was signed cause Travis Homer and Ian Wheeler are banged up. Felton is also a decent SP player, gunner, good receiver (had 2 receiving TDs in '21) and can return punts. Now that he's here, he could take Homer's spot.

Headshot beat me to it. Yeah, on that play Johnson get his hand on the ball. Good D. With the defender covering that close, the ball should have been 2-3 feet ahead and higher.

View attachment 39564
Yeah I definitely did not see that watching the video on my phone and admittedly didn't break it down frame-by-frame. I stand corrected, though it was still great ball adjustment.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I have a real good feeling about Booker. I don't expect anything from Robinson.

The way it's going, Bears will take the contract "out" and cut Davis after this year. But we have a whole season to go. I hope he bounces back and plays well. That would change things.

Bates on paper is not a starting RG, he's more of a project or a lucky find.

Also, we hope Kiran Amegadjie turns into a good Guard. He's got the gifts.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Wait until Booker plays another team and realizes that our oline is not very good. lol
LOL that is true. None of the OL are particularly good pass defenders. Good run blocking, yes.

It's actually good for Booker to complete successful moves on these guys. He'll just have to do the same stuff better/faster against better talent.

Last edited: