***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
ahhh yes, with this much engagement idk how anyone but you could be considered the reason why he got into the HOF
View attachment 39558
Your narcissism knows no bounds, which is truly incredible considering what a massive failure you are at every aspect in life.
Sorry, these tweets were the tipping point. I doubt anyone else was pushing this agenda!

msadows

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it because he's pretty good when he plays and such a likeable player, but Kyler Gordon gets banged up a lot as well. Ditto Brister, though seemingly not as frequently as Gordon.

Think its a soft tissue injury with him, which can be expected this early into camp.

Nate davis on the other hand needs to just fuck off. When/if he's healthy let him ride the bench. This starting ol needs to gel not have a guy bounce in and out every few days.
Dead cap is at 2M with 9.5M Savings.

If Jenkins shows up healthy and at his best this year, that money is better spent on him.

He's 100% gone next year unless he miraculously stays healthy and decides to care about playing NFL football. Doubt either happen.

IF(big if) he actually performs, his contract is actually pretty favorable at this point for a solid NFL starter.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not looking good for him playing out his Bears contract.
The only way I see him not getting cut is if he’s such a bargain next year with the guard market getting pricier. I guess we’ll see… but not looking great for him. He’s barely good enough to justify the rest of the package he brings.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
if anything it looks like jaylon had a better chance to catch that ball.

Still, KA has some great footwork. Why its the #1 trait teams should be looking for in a top WR prospect, not speed(@Black Rainbow). If you have great route running you will be a dependable player and have a long NFL career.

It's the Jukes. It was surely thrown better for JJ than for KA. There are no winners and losers, it's camp. Time for QB and WRs to get their timing down.
It's likely those little jukes that were throwing JJ off balance also threw the QB off.

But it's not just our QB that is getting help from a top WR it's our defense.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Maybe a little under thrown as he did have to slow down a tad. Not by much though. To his credit it was great ball adjustment, but obviously the drop was unfortunate (that's the hardest ball to catch). I'm sure he was upset with himself for dropping that. That might have been a TD in a game, and considering how hard red-zone points have been to come by, it would have been welcome. Honestly it seems that Trestman was the only recent Bears OC who knew how to reliably score in the red zone.
If you look frame by frame, JJ gets his hand on the ball at the last second (you can see his black glove touch the bottom of the ball in last frame:

1722275427673.png1722275521954.png1722275600597.png

Its really hard to catch a ball deflected 4 inches before it hits your hands, even if it does end up hitting both hands, great play by the D and perhaps a ball that ideally is thrown 1-2 yards farther downfield. JJ gets paid to make plays too.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only way I see him not getting cut is if he’s such a bargain next year with the guard market getting pricier. I guess we’ll see… but not looking great for him. He’s barely good enough to justify the rest of the package he brings.

Yea if he stays healthy and performs like he did for TEN, then his cap hit is actually a decent deal.

The odds of that happening are pretty low. Dude cant even go a week without getting "hurt". Fluss's comments on him also yesterday does not make me believe he will even start at this point.

A caller just brought up eddie goldman on ESPN 1000. Nate Davis gives me vibes of that guy. Just doesnt seem like football is his passion but just a paycheck.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Think its a soft tissue injury with him, which can be expected this early into camp.

Nate davis on the other hand needs to just fuck off. When/if he's healthy let him ride the bench. This starting ol needs to gel not have a guy bounce in and out every few days.

He's 100% gone next year unless he miraculously stays healthy and decides to care about playing NFL football. Doubt either happen.

IF(big if) he actually performs, his contract is actually pretty favorable at this point for a solid NFL starter.

Davis getting hurt could be a blessing in disguise.

Jones/Jenkins/Shelton/Bates/Wright is probably the best pass protecting offensive line group the Bears could put out there.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you look frame by frame, JJ gets his hand on the ball at the last second (you can see his black glove touch the bottom of the ball in last frame:

View attachment 39560View attachment 39561View attachment 39562

Its really hard to catch a ball deflected 4 inches before it hits your hands, even if it does end up hitting both hands, great play by the D and perhaps a ball that ideally is thrown 1-2 yards farther downfield. JJ gets paid to make plays too.

If thats against pretty much any corner in the NFC North not named Jaylon Johnson its a TD :)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yea if he stays healthy and performs like he did for TEN, then his cap hit is actually a decent deal.

The odds of that happening are pretty low. Dude cant even go a week without getting "hurt". Fluss's comments on him also yesterday does not make me believe he will even start at this point.

A caller just brought up eddie goldman on ESPN 1000. Nate Davis gives me vibes of that guy. Just doesnt seem like football is his passion but just a paycheck.

Waldron today said he’s starting if healthy

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

View attachment 39560View attachment 39561View attachment 39562

Good sleuthing.