***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It was cover 2 on that play and Brisker was deep. Smith missed a tackle but they were all in zone.

It was a really good play call against cover 2 zone, Brisker has to pick up the man running a go through his deep half and Cooper has a deep over route run perfectly between S and CB. Smith hesitates a split second watching the TE go to the flats (Edwards has the TE in man but Smith has the flat zone), you can see Smith has gotten the least depth with his drop but only by a yard.

All-22 of the play with my re1arded scribblings:
1722379028909.jpeg1722379794907.png

However Cooper catches the ball with really only a yard of seperation so that 1 yard ends up being important. Game of inches.
1722379925612.png
I guess you hope Smith makes the play here but really this to me looks like the OC punking the "DC" (Eberflus in this case) with his playcall. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I admit I wasn't upset to get one of the top 3 receivers in the draft. I was unpleasantly surprised when they took the punter. I mean apparently he's really good and all that, which is a good thing, because he's going to get a lot of use...
Yes, lots of use on kickoffs.

Hopefully, he will have perfected his 'helicopter' kickoff by then, a rotating kick that eliminates any chance of a return as the return team is desperately trying to corral the bouncing ball before the kickoff team does.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Just to stir the pot…

What if Rome goes off as a legit young WR1?

Keenan plays well and signs a 2-3 year deal at a reasonable rate. (Great WR’s like him can play well into mid 30’s)

Scott becomes a good #3 on a rookie deal?

Cole and Swift do their jobs.

Do you trade DJ next year if someone gives you a high pick?

He’s still under contract in 2025.
What if this hypothetical is so stupid Poles just goes ahead and extends DJ right now?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Well, the Mods can take that into account and maybe give 1.5 negs for every group dislike attack.

As for banning someone for too many negs from the non-dislike-group, yes, I could sure picture it and it would make CCS much better.

Those who get banned from a thread they wanted to be in will have to consider what they type before sending it off to the CCS world.

If it is a stupid take, something we all have done in the past, it is up to them to either continue arguing the point or take defeat and let it go. If the poster stops arguing, he receives no more negs and can continue in the thread. If he starts making an ass of himself, the negs will continue and he will be banned.

It is the perfect system.

Say enough stupid shit, thereby derailing a thread, and you get banned. The thread is no longer being derailed with stupid shit and people can then talk about football related stuff.
I'm intrigued by your ideas. I co-sign this idea. @dabears70 sounds scared

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is this an official call out of the site owners to have a function that is ‘creepy’

Come on now! This site is nothing but a troll fest.
Necroing 1 thread by accident gets you banned or at least warned on most forums. Here you can fill the whole front page purposefully necroing threads to troll someone and it's applauded.
Do you really think they care about having creepy functions? If you have any creepier suggestions they'd probably love to hear them.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm intrigued by your ideas. I co-sign this idea. @dabears70 sounds scared
I believe that @dabears70 has improved, posting more tweets and making reasonable comments more often.

I am sure that there are some posters who still have an axe to grind with him and will continue to dislike him. He just has to concentrate on winning the little battles, making him a better poster overall.

Now consider some of the other clowns who are still making shitty takes and derailing posts. Those deserve the Negs and a potential thread ban or 10.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think these may be the same ones recorded from behind the net and poles but a better seat and angle.