I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
When it is mid June and he is ranked 128 Def of all MLB players it goes beyond struggle. It goes into plain bad player

Add to it if he was putting up Suzuki's 127 wRC+ then you could sit back and say...ya I can see that reasoning and sure give it time because you need that bat in the line up everyday and the run production that he brings makes the team win ball games

That is a sound reasoning.

What I have been hearing today is a bunch of fan boys geiing their panties in a wad defending a bad player based off of nothing but excuses

Plain and simple.
nobody has been defending Morel.

as a matter of fact, you were the highest one here on Morel at one point...so youre just calling yourself out really

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I've been thinking that Jed should bring up Luis Vazquez and axe Madgral.

Vazquez is a plus SS. This keeps Horner at his strongest position. Morel has improved enough to not be a eyesore at 3B

Other than that PCA should get full time AB back at Iowa. He is still developing and should not be sitting on the bench at this point.

Other than that. Jed should target the other Miller. Mason from the A's. Steele had him on for a pod cast. He has a very interesting backstory and would be a guy worth the prospect cost.
who remembers this recent CSF Morel take(May 14th)

here you claim he isnt an eye sore at 3B defensively

nothing has changed since except your tune

CSF77

Liked Posts:
who remembers this recent CSF Morel take(May 14th)

here you claim he isnt an eye sore at 3B defensively

nothing has changed since except your tune

May 14. That is not June 17.

Like I said. My hopeium has run out.

I did say that because at that time he was making progress so there was 'hope'.

Just like saying give him more time because the season doesn't matter right now.

Is that giving him hope or denying another opertunity to happen?

Like I have said if you look at value

Right now he is not hitting and he is providing sub standard D.

You have 2 players in flux getting part time play because reasons...

My main point in all of this is move Busch to 3B and sit Morel. If you have one player hitting and has value and you hurt your self sitting him then you make hard decisions

PCA is such a strong defender that he makes your outfield better. He covers so much ground that it helps you other defenders to shade more to the lines to cut the gaps.

The impact that he brings goes beyond just his production. He makes the team better being there.

And at the end of the day that is what this is all about. If they were a winning team this would be a non-topic. The fact that they suck now fingers are being pointed to why. We can yell about Jed or say it's not the manager's fault or is his fault

But at the end of the day right now they suck. That means something has to change. And that is where the problem lies when you do the same thing every day and expect a change that's called insanity it's time for the insanity to stop.

This is a message board and complaining about a team should be part of it and should not be censored. As a fan for right now 40 years I guess this is one of the worst teams that I've seen as far as the basic construction of it to the expectations of the fan base all the way to the disappointment of this team.

I guess it should be expected when the off-season was everybody was running to Ontani and then finally circling back to Bellinger. They didn't address the bullpen needs it was a Band-Aid. I guess when you get an answer it does fall on the oversight department.

Even to the fact that when you have people struggling you allow them to just struggle and you deny opportunities for people that might actually help you even more it just shows that winning is not really the main reason why we are here. So that comes down to the why part why are they doing things the way they are because in all reality is not because they want to win baseball games if they wanted to win baseball games they would be more proactive right now they're doing the motions

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol.

It doesn't change the fact that the numbers don't lie.

You are attesting subjective values to it

A example is PCA. He has a 57 wRC+ WHICH SUCKS. and a 5.1 Def which is equal to Swanson in way less work.

The numbers show bad hitter and plus plus glove at a premium D position.

FWAR shows plus value even with a low O output.

So not taking any subjective info you see a player that brings plus value to the team and should be playing. Add to it the plus value is at a premium D position thus making the decision good

So by the numbers alone a decision can be made and if his value increases it was a good one. If it stays the same then still good as he is saving you runs. And if he degrades to a.dislike value you start contingency plans.

To me subjective reasonings are excuses and not a solid foundation to build anything

Just keep flipping coins.....even doing that is 50/50. You're more in the 10% area on your takes. The only thing your fucking numbers has got you, is being laughed at. Where's the great foundation on all the dumb takes you've had? If the numbers are so right....why are you so contantly wrong?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lol.

It doesn't change the fact that the numbers don't lie.

You are attesting subjective values to it

A example is PCA. He has a 57 wRC+ WHICH SUCKS. and a 5.1 Def which is equal to Swanson in way less work.

The numbers show bad hitter and plus plus glove at a premium D position.

FWAR shows plus value even with a low O output.

So not taking any subjective info you see a player that brings plus value to the team and should be playing. Add to it the plus value is at a premium D position thus making the decision good

So by the numbers alone a decision can be made and if his value increases it was a good one. If it stays the same then still good as he is saving you runs. And if he degrades to a.dislike value you start contingency plans.

To me subjective reasonings are excuses and not a solid foundation to build anything
Numbers may not lie. But they apparently mislead.

If you think a 10 year vet and a 2 year vet with the same numbers are likely to have similar numbers the next year, you’re missing the point.

If numbers were perfect predictors of future results no player would have declining numbers as they aged.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When you couple the lack of situational hitting with an almost universal lack of team speed, it's ugly.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Cubs are playing "How Many Ways Can a Team Lose?" Bingo, and it is a fucking coverall, folks!

And they're almost there.

C interference, walk, HR to give up 3 runs in the 9th with a 2-run lead. WTF?

Fucking Amaya can't get on base, but he can put people on base with his glove. And he never takes them off base with his arm.

Is it mandatory to wait until you're 30 games out before trading for a closer? Is it not allowed prior to July?

One run allowed on a HBP when the batter moves his arm into the path of the pitch. A runner out at home. Seriously, this team is checking ALL the wrong boxes!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not sure why PCA always has to come in later in the game. This is a bad team, not impressed with the manager.
Because with a late three run lead anybody with a brain puts his best D in the game. That was absolutely the right move.

It's also the reason an offensive-only guy like Morel is supposed to be (in theory!), hurts you more than you know. When you fall behind, his bat is out because you had to sub out his lack of D.

The Cubs could be an NFL team the way they have some players who only play offense and some who only play D.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am willing to be patient with youngsters who allegedly have a high or reasonably high ceiling.

I was eager to see what Amaya had to offer, and at this point, there's no reason to not ride with the young guys taking their lumps. But I can't imagine how a team could get less from the catcher position than the Cubs are getting. His bat is nonexistent. His arm is nonexistent. But he has now lost a game with his inability to make a tag at home, and with an interference call.

That's brutal.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The manager? LOL Got a GM that provides him with no catcher, no speed, position players out of postion and a bullpen that is only outdone in it's ineptness by the team on the otherside of town. He fires a guy that had pretty much this same team in contention all year to pay $40 mill to another guy. But I'm not down on Counsell...he's playing the cards he was dealt. Plus they have a limp wristed owner who thinks Hoyer is doing good work. I haven't watched a game in three weeks...might not watch another one all year.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Choice quotes from Jed "Robin" Hoyer.

“When we came out of those struggles we hit,” Hoyer said. “You go back and we were scoring eight, nine runs a game, we were opening games up and I think that’s what’s ultimately going to lead to us getting out of this rut this time is going to be scoring runs. We’re going to have to do it the way we did last year.”

“Certainly we have those conversations, we talk about how they’re doing all the time and what’s left in their development,” Hoyer said. “But I don’t see any one young bat coming up here and sparking the offense. … Everyone wants immediate change, but ultimately the immediate change is this group starts hitting the way we did in April.”

His great master plan is "do nothing" and hope.
He's not even hoping they go back to their mean but to overperform. Hope is not a strategy.

OmniRedVT

Liked Posts:
The Cubs are playing "How Many Ways Can a Team Lose?" Bingo, and it is a fucking coverall, folks!

And they're almost there.

C interference, walk, HR to give up 3 runs in the 9th with a 2-run lead. WTF?

Fucking Amaya can't get on base, but he can put people on base with his glove. And he never takes them off base with his arm.

Is it mandatory to wait until you're 30 games out before trading for a closer? Is it not allowed prior to July?

One run allowed on a HBP when the batter moves his arm into the path of the pitch. A runner out at home. Seriously, this team is checking ALL the wrong boxes!
It's very simple!Our" Lob" has been atrocious!And they're 0 for Neris.He's living in Goph city!We handled the one run ball games early yet it's been zilch.On paper we're better offensively than the majority of our division.The good news?Happ is back and Tauchman is back.We out hit for awhile yet the Lob's did us!If not for the pitching staff we would have caved in!With Seya and Cody being stable we've suggested "competitive"!My aggressive award goes to Nico.He hit his first game back.Summarizing Lob's and recently bafflingly consistent goph Neris outings.They should appreciate Counsel!He knows the league.His mellow style worked for the Brewers but man can he jerk manage a pitching staff.That he did with the Brewers.Tl 1961 you're frustrated because Ross liked to rotate Amaya and Gomes regularly.The other evening Amaya got a pass ball that cost a run but he got the run right back with his bat.That he did yet I agree Gomes stabilized us.You gotta trust Counsel .I presume they'll gel and be a co existent force.In other words a non divided group of athletes.Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!Absolutely Straight Forward!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 11:01 P.M. June 17th. 2024.I could have expressed Crow Armstrong got over the hump and Busch had a great start.