Official Cubs Game Thread!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No reason to bring up Canario (I know he's injured), Davis, caissie, or anyone with any actual upside
They're much too busy "developing" to come up to the big show.....LOL

Funny how other teams in the division bring up young guys and they always seem to help in one way or another.
The Cubs? They bring up useless shit.
Whenever it happens, Hoyer will have earned every bit of his firing.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Had a feeling looking at the line up prior to the game that it was going to be a win. It is sad that a good player had to get a injury to create a decent line up. And Morel off the bench to PH late game is a far better use for a player like him.

Pen Miller and unexpected solid game from Thompson.

Good game. Don't fuck with what works. Keep it and build around it

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Season is saved.. Miles Masterbaterioni is coming up.. think he's hitting .120 or something.
I thought they got rid of him. They had an outfielder go on the IL for four weeks and called up a shitty infielder instead of one of the young outfield prospects. Why?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I thought they got rid of him. They had an outfielder go on the IL for four weeks and called up a shitty infielder instead of one of the young outfield prospects. Why?

Because he don't matter, He will be on the bench and Luis Vazquez will get full time play in AAA. Last night's line up should be the staple.

Also the was a issue with playing time. Moving Bellinger to RF and Suzuki to DH should have been done long ago. You do not want to bring up a guy to get no action vs full time play in AAA.

Hap or Bellinger get injured then yes you make that move. They were already having playing time issues.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yan got designated for assignment

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? Can't hit a lick but at least he can catch....the stiff they kept can't do either.

Hoyer probably digging deep back into that dumpster.
They signed Nido from the Mets. Gomes awful hitting wasnt the only reason. His defense has tumbled and throwing. Nido is in no way an answer, but he is basically what Gomes was when his defense was still with him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why? Can't hit a lick but at least he can catch....the stiff they kept can't do either.

Hoyer probably digging deep back into that dumpster.

Those skills were at the bottom of the league also.

He got old.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well at least something is being addressed.

Over the last 2 days I disliked Morel at 3B and Bote not.

Then Craig saying that Neris is his closer.

I want to take a brick and hit my head with it now. BRB

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jed has some work to do still.

At least they won a series. I will take it

But I feel the key to win ing games is adding talent that Craig has no choice to play.

He was successful in Mil because he had a set up and closer that made his job easy. Jed needs to address this.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, he's got work to do.....like turning in his resignation. I've been on his inept ass for a long time.
I can't believe it's taken this long for people to see what I saw almost 2 years ago.

The dumbfuck owner is right behind him....unfortunately, he won't be going anywhere.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he's got work to do.....like turning in his resignation. I've been on his inept ass for a long time.
I can't believe it's taken this long for people to see what I saw almost 2 years ago.

The dumbfuck owner is right behind him....unfortunately, he won't be going anywhere.
While we were telling people jed sucked, we had people saying to trade moreL straight up for Soto. So it says a lot about how informed the general cubs fan is

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While we were telling people jed sucked, we had people saying to trade moreL straight up for Soto. So it says a lot about how informed the general cubs fan is
But WAIT.....there's more. He let an excellent DH walk over chump change when anyone with half a brain cell knew the DH was right around the corner for the NL. How much would Schwarber's 40 HRs a year help this team? Right there is where it started for me....a GM with zero foresight is a train wreck waiting to happen and he's been true to form ever since.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
man, they did miss the window to trade morel while he still had SOME value(obviously nowhere near enough by himself to land a player of Soto's quality). now what can you get for him?? not much, i imagine

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the offseason I mentioned multiple times that they should trade him before his value craters
I doubt he was ever worth as much on the market as Hoyer envisioned....but now? Lol

Don't forget Stroman having a career year and waiting too long to move him even when they knew they weren't going to resign him.

Then compounding that fuck up by deciding to be a buyer when most anyone with any smarts knew they had no chance.