Official Cubs Game Thread!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bote should be starting. He just sucks less.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After watching that, all it shows me is that he got lucky a few times.....if the Dodgers thought Shota would be this good, they would've grabbed him instead of Yamamoto, Swanson was generally the 4th pick of the SS sweepstakes and Belly was strictly a roll of the dice as to how much the shift effected his hitting. Getting Stroman was fine, holding on too long when you weren't signing him...unforgiveable. Two prospects for a POS like Candy to a Cubs team that had zero shot....laughable. Fire a manager that had this mediocre team in the hunt all year, then paying $40 mill to his replacenent because he handles the "pen" so well....but give him the basically same garbage pen Ross had. He's the only GM in MLB that would still hold his job after these kind of fuck ups.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
After watching that, all it shows me is that he got lucky a few times.....if the Dodgers thought Shota would be this good, they would've grabbed him instead of Yamamoto, Swanson was generally the 4th pick of the SS sweepstakes and Belly was strictly a roll of the dice as to how much the shift effected his hitting. Getting Stroman was fine, holding on too long when you weren't signing him...unforgiveable. Two prospects for a POS like Candy to a Cubs team that had zero shot....laughable. Fire a manager that had this mediocre team in the hunt all year, then paying $40 mill to his replacenent because he handles the "pen" so well....but give him the basically same garbage pen Ross had. He's the only GM in MLB that would still hold his job after these kind of fuck ups.

Honestly every good move was counted by a bone headed move. I honestly believe that Jed needs to go. The reality is the Cubs are a 200M payroll team and they need a leader who knows how to approach it with out tossing cash at Bro contracts like Hendricks and Bellinger.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
My fear is they give jed 1 more year to see what his prospects do for him at the major league level. But he's just done such a bad job with the mlb roster when clearly trying to compete. If he was tanking and putting shitty rosters together it'd be different

CSF77

Liked Posts:
My fear is they give jed 1 more year to see what his prospects do for him at the major league level. But he's just done such a bad job with the mlb roster when clearly trying to compete. If he was tanking and putting shitty rosters together it'd be different

I would not care if I was Tom. I would approach it as thanks and later.

What they need to do is to get Caissie and Canario opportunities to play at the MLB level every day. That takes trading out some players.

If they pick it up you do this in the offseason under new leadership. If the tank continues you fire Jed at the ASG and direct Hawkins to sell and promote.

This offseason Hedges and Janson will be on the market. That is a investment into the staff.

They do need a established closer. I would promote Horton in Aug and let him start. Even if it takes Trading Taillon. Brown and Killian then make strong set up men. Rest of the pen needs to be shit canned.

This opens up contract to make some deals with the farm to fill 3B via trade. That is a major need and no clear 3B on the market.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can you imagine? But the fools keep paying to watch bad baseball....fairly certain that's all wuss Ricketts cares about.

It could happen.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Mmm. Matt Shaw. .246)353/.402. 16% BB. 25% SO. 17 SB and 8 HR

It might be time to promote

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Another shitty line up because Q is hard to hit and stuff.... Pathetic

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Mmm...It would take something to make it happen. Team has stockpiled and something will need to be traded out eventually.
Hes probably the best hitter in the system. They have a DH now and the lineup is terrible. If they don't eventually have him in the lineup, they are morons

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching the Bull's management make fools of themselves once again brought to mind that they and the Cubs are very much alike. Bulls are happy to win 40 games....the Cubs happy to win 80. Just as long as there are asses in seats....they are both pleased. It's a sport only to the fans...to ownership, it's strictly business.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Wait a second…this whole Counsell to the Cubs was a total set up by Counsell and the Brewers wasn’t it. How else would anyone not on drugs even contemplate Morel as a DH hitting clean up.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
My soul feels pain

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Holy crap that escalated.

Whelp