C Morel (R) 3B
I Happ (S) LF
D Swanson (R) SS
M Busch (L) 1B
M Amaya (R) C
P Crow-Armstrong (L) CF

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nah. Regardless of what's being said in the clown show here...he was on a pitch count. He hasn't pitched since opening day, so it's entirely justified. Nothing to do with a win or loss....everything to do with bringing one of your best pitchers back slowly.
1000006167.jpg

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for the invite but I think I'll pass. I'd rather just laugh at you....I mean you ARE the king clown here, are you not? A gazzilion useless posts that no one cares about. No one comments on them....a pretty good bet that very few even read them. One day you got guys as HOF material, next day you got them DFA'd. Ultimate windsock. But hey, don't stop....you are always good for a few laughs.

LOLOLOLOL.....so funny. I mention "clowns" and you instantly assume I'm referring to you.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Is it also why you said this?

"I don't know why Steele got pulled at 68 pitches in the 5th, but he almost certainly wasn't going to start the 6th anyway, so it mattered little in the end.

It's just baffling why Counsell pulls guys at 4 2/3 all the time."
Yes.

It was clear he was on a pitch count.

I was referring to “don’t know why he couldn’t finish the 5th” at 68 pitches.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I got the NL as
LAD
Phi
ATL
CHC
MIL

Cubs would be top 3 if the pen gets fixed and Suzuki and Bellinger pick up fast.

So it is justified to make investments to get a legit lefty in there. Going in this was a issue. Closer is another. They really need to think about this early.

The right move is cutting Hendricks. Not a fan fav statement but needs to happen. Then make some deals with the depth to get front line pen arms.

They are at a junction right now. Got some kids some look see. Some teams are clearly out of it. Pads jumped early so it is no like there is no precedent.

I might be wrong here. But here it goes. I would sell PCA now. He has high return value. The chances that he becomes another Almora are high. For me I feel good with Bellinger and Tauchman. Both are pillars on this team. PCA feels incomplete as a player and might be vastly over rated.

So that is my gut check and he could get a crazy return that puts them in with the big boys.
You’ve got to be joking.

Trade PCA ?

Tauchman is a nice depth piece.
Bellinger can opt out.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes.

It was clear he was on a pitch count.

I was referring to “don’t know why he couldn’t finish the 5th” at 68 pitches.
Didn't really make any difference....Cubs never had the lead, so he wasn't gonna get a win anyway.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's time we accept Shota is our lord and savior
Would really like a few runs....he can't put up zeros forever and he probably won't finish. Which means the game gets handed over to the infamous Cubs bullpen.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
And tonight counsell leaves Shota in for the 8th and pays for it

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You’ve got to be joking.

Trade PCA ?

Tauchman is a nice depth piece.
Bellinger can opt out.
Bellinger can extend also. He is a Cub. I think we all see that now.

Tauchman is more than a depth piece. He has one of the best approaches and understands the strike zone at a advanced level.

Not to mention .415 OBA is #6 in ALL of MLB.

I think that you need to start looking at him differently.

Betts: .455
Ohtani .435
Soto .432
Profar .420
Bohm .418
Tauchman .415
Devers .411
Freeman .409
Smith .408
Kwan .407

The reason why PCA stayed up and Canario went down was two fold. Bellinger is still not 100%. Tauchman is one of the best hitters in baseball. Canario was expendable. When Suzuki returns and Bellinger is back in CF PCA will be in Iowa as his PA's will get axed.

Regarding PCA. When you have to bunt that much it means that he is over matched at the plate. There is a reason why I feel that he could bust. Until he can go up there and just hit or take his base vs giving up at bats with bunting then that will change.

He has 1 Sac bunt in his minors career, 4 in 2 stints as a Cub. That leads to adding a element to his game at a higher level that was not there in the minors. Which means over matched and putting the ball in play.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bellinger can extend also. He is a Cub. I think we all see that now.

Tauchman is more than a depth piece. He has one of the best approaches and understands the strike zone at a advanced level.

Not to mention .415 OBA is #6 in ALL of MLB.

I think that you need to start looking at him differently.

Betts: .455
Ohtani .435
Soto .432
Profar .420
Bohm .418
Tauchman .415
Devers .411
Freeman .409
Smith .408
Kwan .407

The reason why PCA stayed up and Canario went down was two fold. Bellinger is still not 100%. Tauchman is one of the best hitters in baseball. Canario was expendable. When Suzuki returns and Bellinger is back in CF PCA will be in Iowa as his PA's will get axed.

Regarding PCA. When you have to bunt that much it means that he is over matched at the plate. There is a reason why I feel that he could bust. Until he can go up there and just hit or take his base vs giving up at bats with bunting then that will change.

He has 1 Sac bunt in his minors career, 4 in 2 stints as a Cub. That leads to adding a element to his game at a higher level that was not there in the minors. Which means over matched and putting the ball in play.
I am happy with what Tockman has provided to the Cubs, and I would love to have him as part of the team going forward. But a few months of decent play does not elevate him above top prospects in the game.

I see that you have come to conclusions again on both Tauchmann and PCA. You’re already determining PCA bust as he’s put up fewer than 100 plate appearances in major league baseball.

You wanna hurry and make those kind of rush to judgment calls rather than wait and see. Always good to try to flush guys out of baseball before they played two months.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I am happy with what Tockman has provided to the Cubs, and I would love to have him as part of the team going forward. But a few months of decent play does not elevate him above top prospects in the game.

I see that you have come to conclusions again on both Tauchmann and PCA. You’re already determining PCA bust as he’s put up fewer than 100 plate appearances in major league baseball.

You wanna hurry and make those kind of rush to judgment calls rather than wait and see. Always good to try to flush guys out of baseball before they played two months.

It was led in with approach and knowledge of the strike zone. That rarely changes. BABIP and SLG can vary.

Also I did say until PCA starts to stop bunting and start to accept walks and attacking pitches that he can do something with

Bunting is a self defense tactic.

So I never said that he could not. All I said is there are red flags. Almora was a high draft pick and a D wiz. And a bust. So I don't get my man juice up for a project. I would rather have a player that has played at a high level against ML pitching

So hype is great and all. Can get you a solid trade. But Tauchman is not hype anymore. I would trade Happ over him at this point.

Jed needs to play for 2024. Not for 2025 or beyond. That is fear based thinking. The best teams are focused on that year. The worst teams are worried about budget reduction which is what a farm is for

So if PCA just flat out starts to rake like Morel and Busch have been doing great. As of right now he is a glove guy that is not ready for the show in a play off environment.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Cubs "pillar" Tauchman.....the journeyman who is hitting at the moment and doing a nice job filling in for Suzuki. But when Suzuki is back, the pillar is back on the bench and the first time he goes 0 for 10, he'll have him lined up to be DFA'd.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It was led in with approach and knowledge of the strike zone. That rarely changes. BABIP and SLG can vary.

Also I did say until PCA starts to stop bunting and start to accept walks and attacking pitches that he can do something with

Bunting is a self defense tactic.

So I never said that he could not. All I said is there are red flags. Almora was a high draft pick and a D wiz. And a bust. So I don't get my man juice up for a project. I would rather have a player that has played at a high level against ML pitching

So hype is great and all. Can get you a solid trade. But Tauchman is not hype anymore. I would trade Happ over him at this point.

Jed needs to play for 2024. Not for 2025 or beyond. That is fear based thinking. The best teams are focused on that year. The worst teams are worried about budget reduction which is what a farm is for

So if PCA just flat out starts to rake like Morel and Busch have been doing great. As of right now he is a glove guy that is not ready for the show in a play off environment.
Raking like the guy hitting .220? That'd be exciting

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OT: I am so fucking sick of people just seeing what they want to see and speaking shit as fact!

No, this is not in response to anything here on this forum. I speak of the incident in which "wanna be catcher" Willson Contreras had his arm fractured because he has it in the way of the batter.

On the broadcast, Chip Caray says his arm was "hit by the big backswing of JD Martinez." OK, umm....NO! There is no backswing in baseball as there is in golf. The batter had the bat up near his shoulder, and the swing only goes forward! THIS WAS NOT THE FAULT OF THE BATTER!!

Fucktard Cardinal coaches have taught wannabe catcher Willie to move way up with his glove, and he interfered with the batter. And is now on the IL.

The video is retweeted over and over and people doing so repeat that he was hit on the nonexistent backswing.

And in typical blind-loyalist Cardinal fan fashion, idiots casually mention "and he has become a much better catcher" because of the coaching. Ummm.....again, NO! He hasn't even caught the majority of games since arriving in St. Louis. He is DH primarily because of his lack of catching skills.

How do you watch a guy literally lose his job as catcher and clam he is "better as a Cardinal than as a Cub". Idiots!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That awful fucking trade the Cubs made is stall haunting them....either of the guys they traded are worth more than the one useless POS they got in return.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the invite but I think I'll pass. I'd rather just laugh at you....I mean you ARE the king clown here, are you not? A gazzilion useless posts that no one cares about. No one comments on them....a pretty good bet that very few even read them. One day you got guys as HOF material, next day you got them DFA'd. Ultimate windsock. But hey, don't stop....you are always good for a few laughs.

LOLOLOLOL.....so funny. I mention "clowns" and you instantly assume I'm referring to you.
Na made me think bozo and that came up. Just had to.