Official Cubs Game Thread!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That awful fucking trade the Cubs made is stall haunting them....either of the guys they traded are worth more than the one useless POS they got in return.

Picking Almora #6 and letting Fried go to the Padres #7 was just as bad.

At least Jed started to focus on pitching development after Theo left.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cease is pretty damn good but the Cubs have a top 3 rotation in baseball right now. Only LAD and PHI are posting a starter ERA better going into this game

The focus should be a closer and getting Suzuki back.

Other than that I would like to see Wisdom axed and a vet brought in that can do stuff other than play bad D and stroke out.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Raking like the guy hitting .220? That'd be exciting

He was heating up. But when he is on pitchers will walk him vs pitch to him. As his 3 walk game.

He is not perfect but his D is better. Arm strength at ,3B is a league of its own. Power is top tier for 3B.

.217 BABIP. that is the culprit. That is a number that will go back to league avg over time.

Morel is a hot cold type and it will even out. But that BABIP is not going to sit there all year long

12% BB and 21% SO rates are respectfull. So we are talking about luck and D placement more than anything

I guess when you get pulled for a strike out prone Wisdom just because a lefty is on the bump it says something about trust.

I feel better about Owen Caissie becoming a everyday MLB player than PCA. Better hit tool. Solid power. Quality OF D. Brings a rounded game when he comes up. Would not shock me if he ends up in LF and Happ traded for a cost cut.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That awful fucking trade the Cubs made is stall haunting them....either of the guys they traded are worth more than the one useless POS they got in return.
Eloy would have been long gone elsewhere by now. He's just a guy, if even that.

7 years into his career and he hasn't topped 100 career HR or 300 career RBI.

But, damn, I wish we had Dylan Cease.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He was heating up. But when he is on pitchers will walk him vs pitch to him. As his 3 walk game.

He is not perfect but his D is better. Arm strength at ,3B is a league of its own. Power is top tier for 3B.

.217 BABIP. that is the culprit. That is a number that will go back to league avg over time.

Morel is a hot cold type and it will even out. But that BABIP is not going to sit there all year long

12% BB and 21% SO rates are respectfull. So we are talking about luck and D placement more than anything

I guess when you get pulled for a strike out prone Wisdom just because a lefty is on the bump it says something about trust.

I feel better about Owen Caissie becoming a everyday MLB player than PCA. Better hit tool. Solid power. Quality OF D. Brings a rounded game when he comes up. Would not shock me if he ends up in LF and Happ traded for a cost cut.
That was a lot of words when you could've simply said moreL sucks and been done with it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eloy would have been long gone elsewhere by now. He's just a guy, if even that.

7 years into his career and he hasn't topped 100 career HR or 300 career RBI.

But, damn, I wish we had Dylan Cease.
Yeah, maybe so.....but he's still better than the asswipe we got in return. My brother called this the day the trade was made...he's a long time Sox fan and accurately predicted that Cub fans will hate Quintana. He relies on undisiplined hitters and weak umpiring. He pointed out that the reason his ERA was low and the Sox didn't get him runs is because the umpiring was bad against both teams with large strike zones. When the umpiring was decent, the Sox would get him runs but he would walk a ton of guys. Sound familar? I didn't see him pitch much with the Sox, a few times and never noticed....a Sox fan would notice though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, maybe so.....but he's still better than the asswipe we got in return. My brother called this the day the trade was made...he's a long time Sox fan and accurately predicted that Cub fans will hate Quintana. He relies on undisiplined hitters and weak umpiring. He pointed out that the reason his ERA was low and the Sox didn't get him runs is because the umpiring was bad against both teams with large strike zones. When the umpiring was decent, the Sox would get him runs but he would walk a ton of guys. Sound familar? I didn't see him pitch much with the Sox, a few times and never noticed....a Sox fan would notice though.
I had hoped for good things from Quintana, but clearly we did not get them. And then he goes to St. Louis and starts pitching halfway decent, but that didn’t last long and he’s long gone from there as well. As far as I know he’s out of baseball, isn’t he?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Swanson to the IL, so we get Slappy Madrigal for two weeks.

Fuck it. Call up Shaw.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I did not mind Eloy as Chi had plenty of hitting. Home grown pitching no.

Regardless hind sight is 20/20. I'm happy with the system depth right now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Shaw is struggling at Tenn right now. I wouldn't expect him to push levels.

Houston is in a shitty division so one hot streak they are in it. So I would not look at them for answers.

So they made their bed with Morel at 3B.

oops. Taillon back stiffness again....oh well looks like the rotation will be in adjustment mode yet again. Steele slated for Sat and TBD on Sunday.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Pirates gonna Pirate.

After two hits, the Pirates pitchers hit a batter and then walked four straight, forcing in four runs.

Cubs have come back from 5 down after Skenes left and are now waiting out a rain delay.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the preseason we were advised that the Cubs should bring back Candelario and sign FA Chapman. Funny thing....their numbers this year are nearly identical. They're both on pace to hit about .205 with 16 HRs, 55-60 RBIs and strike out about 160 times each. Thankfully, Hoyer is either very smart or very cheap.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Cubs are truly elite at having their bullpen blow leads. Probably close to, if not leading the majors in wins at the moment if they had held onto even a third of their blown leads. I don't even follow the Cubs but every time I look, their bullpen has blown another lead. It's truly incredible.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pirates gonna Pirate.

After two hits, the Pirates pitchers hit a batter and then walked four straight, forcing in four runs.

Cubs have come back from 5 down after Skenes left and are now waiting out a rain delay.
Cubs bullpen gonna suck....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In the preseason we were advised that the Cubs should bring back Candelario and sign FA Chapman. Funny thing....their numbers this year are nearly identical. They're both on pace to hit about .205 with 16 HRs, 55-60 RBIs and strike out about 160 times each. Thankfully, Hoyer is either very smart or very cheap.
Chapman plays good D, but his offense last year from mid May to the end of the season was atrocious and he has continued that. I don’t think the cubs ever seriously considered him in spite of someone here wanting him.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Has any team just DFA’d there entire bullpen all at once. I’d be good with it. They all suck. Nice job Jed. Gotta be some fellas sitting around on a couch at home better than this full on shit show.