Official Cubs Game Thread!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The only thing more amazing than getting six bases loaded walks is trailing in the game in which you did.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Has any team just DFA’d there entire bullpen all at once. I’d be good with it. They all suck. Nice job Jed. Gotta be some fellas sitting around on a couch at home better than this full on shit show.
Well, in some cases, they’re just over used and they’re pushed a little too hard. When you’ve got to use Wesneski and Brown in the starting rotation , it puts a strain on everybody.

Clearly that’s not the primary excuse for all of them. I don’t know what happened to Alzolay, and Cuas was terrible and this fucking Lovelady literally couldn’t get out your landlady. And those aren’t the only ones who have struggled as we know.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Other than the fact that the Cubs are hurting for depth with injured players right now, I literally cannot think of a reason that a player like Nick Madrigal is in major league baseball.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I was told that Counsell was such an upgrade over Ross and that he specializes in how to handle a bullpen

Well, so far he hasn’t had much positive effect on the bullpen it doesn’t appear

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was told that Counsell was such an upgrade over Ross and that he specializes in how to handle a bullpen

Well, so far he hasn’t had much positive effect on the bullpen it doesn’t appear
Funny how all the genius fans blamed Ross and apparently the genius GM did as well for last year's collapse. So, he pays mega bucks to another guy who has had success and we are getting the same results as last year. Call me crazy, but it seems that it's not the manager but the dumpster built bullpen. Nearly the same one from last year....at a point in time when the bullpen is as important as the starters. Yet, as others have noted....he will address this at the deadline with roughly 100 games played and about 30 blown saved recorded. Great job, Jed

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Funny how all the genius fans blamed Ross and apparently the genius GM did as well for last year's collapse. So, he pays mega bucks to another guy who has had success and we are getting the same results as last year. Call me crazy, but it seems that it's not the manager but the dumpster built bullpen. Nearly the same one from last year....at a point in time when the bullpen is as important as the starters. Yet, as others have noted....he will address this at the deadline with roughly 100 games played and about 30 blown saved recorded. Great job, Jed
Facts. And if we are giving the managers the credit/blame, then I’d say it’s fair to mention that Ross at least had Alzolay pitching well for most of last year.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Facts. And if we are giving the managers the credit/blame, then I’d say it’s fair to mention that Ross at least had Alzolay pitching well for most of last year.
You misspelled Carlos Marmol.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Cubs have had 4 starters on the IL, two relievers, and their top two hitters. And they're winning.

How do you determine the results are the same?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Specifically, what was Ross doing to help Alzolay, and what is Counsell doing to hurt him?

Since it's apparent you think a reliever's performance is directly related to the manager, please tell us what each manager did that impacted Alzolay's performance, good and bad.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Cubs have had 4 starters on the IL, two relievers, and their top two hitters. And they're winning.

How do you determine the results are the same?
Duh. They were winning last year because they were hitting and scoring runs....just like this year. In the end they couldn't score enough to get past a horrible bullpen. Once AGAIN....they are scoring runs and AGAIN have a horrible bullpen. How do you think things will work out this time around? Look, I'm not blaming Counsel but it doesn't mean shit who is calling the shots when the players called don't perform.....a terrible pen that goes unaddressed for two years straight, is all on the GM.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Cubs are truly elite at having their bullpen blow leads. Probably close to, if not leading the majors in wins at the moment if they had held onto even a third of their blown leads. I don't even follow the Cubs but every time I look, their bullpen has blown another lead. It's truly incredible.

The Cubs bullpen's Mother's Day present was another blown lead! Must be a day that ends in Y!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Duh. They were winning last year because they were hitting and scoring runs....just like this year. In the end they couldn't score enough to get past a horrible bullpen. Once AGAIN....they are scoring runs and AGAIN have a horrible bullpen. How do you think things will work out this time around? Look, I'm not blaming Counsel but it doesn't mean shit who is calling the shots when the players called don't perform.....a terrible pen that goes unaddressed for two years straight, is all on the GM.
The bullpen started off very poorly last year, but from the middle of May until late in the year when everybody was injured, it was actually quite good. You may want to look that up. Duh.

As I say that they’re blowing a three run 10th inning lead today

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Cubbies won, but the balpen is pathetic. Why Mark Leithter (sp) is not closing?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Well at least Hendricks was decent against this awful Pirate lineup. Alzolay SSDD.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubbies won, but the balpen is pathetic. Why Mark Leithter (sp) is not closing?
You got that right. Alzolay needs a trip to Iowa to work on things. I doubt he trusts leiter either. They need a guy who can miss a few bats...I brought up Wesneski a couple of weeks ago but he used him as a starter so who knows?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Specifically, what was Ross doing to help Alzolay, and what is Counsell doing to hurt him?

Since it's apparent you think a reliever's performance is directly related to the manager, please tell us what each manager did that impacted Alzolay's performance, good and bad.
no no no...i was pointing out that many claimed counsell to be the superior manager, mostly due to his ability to handle a bullpen.

imagine claiming i think its apparent, when if you read youd know otherwise

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Top 100 was updated. Cubs bolstering 8 top 100 prospects and they have fringe top 100 behind.

This is the deepest farm I have ever seen out of the Cubs.
And that’s with Ben Brown not making top 100, though still qualifying as prospect.

Agree. Deepest in memory.