dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't worry about the contract, Bears have a ton of money (contracts can be written up to use next years cap scace - which is hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee).
I think many of us just need to get over the shock of where that first signing big money was spent because everyone thought it would be on the OL or at WR and for it to be for a DT is surprising but it's a huge need and we got someone who looks to be really good.

Maybe Poles can help us out by signing B.Allen or C.Kirk or JuJu next. I'd love to get Allen and Kirk. I think i'm alone on my love for Kirk on here and how much i'd spend to get him.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Eberflus knows what he's doing here. No doubt he had some input into this decision.

I thought “hits” meant we didn’t need to spend big on defense?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I thought “hits” meant we didn’t need to spend big on defense?
Indy had probably the most expensive 3T in the league and they also traded a first rounder for him.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure. I'd like to see competition brought in. But, chances are that you're right.
Nichols would be another 8 mil or so per year. No way they bring him back.

Our dts right now are Ogunjobi, Blackson, Tonga and Edwards. They're not going to spend big there again, not with so many other holes I hope.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s way to much money plus it probably means no 3rd round comp pick so it’s a 3rd + $40 million for a decent DT? Not thrilled so far.

There was never going to be 3rd round comp pick. Keep telling you guys this was a buy year. Comp picks will come in 2024. We need more talent first.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears can't score on offense.....

Let's change scheme on defense and overpay a DT!!!

:brady:
Great analysis... Consider starting a podcast... You can tell potential sponsors you're a Hall of Fame poster on CCS.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great analysis... Consider starting a podcast... You can tell potential sponsors you're a Hall of Fame poster on CCS.
If you don't like my opinion put me on ignore. I'm not going to sit here and praise everything Foles does just because some want to hear that.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they sign Allen soon so people can stop whining about the DT
idk why everyone is crying. He’s a good player and the team needed it.

Kinda funny that one of Lovie’s first moves was to trade for Ogun and now Eberflus’ first move is to sign a different Ogun.

Anyway, yes… sign Allen and Fisher