*OFFICIAL* Free Agent Tampering begins 12:00pm est today

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
bearsb_logo.gif
Bears sign DT Larry Ogunjobi (3 years, $40.5 million; $26.35 million guaranteed): MILLEN Grade
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first Millen grade of the offseason! Millens are "F" grades, except they are worse, somehow.

I don't understand this signing. Larry Ogunjobi is not a great player. He recorded seven sacks in 2021, but that was fluky; he notched 2.5 sacks in the prior season. Ogunjobi also tends to get trampled while trying to defend the run. If you were to ask me, "How much money will Ogunjobi get on a 3-year deal?" I would have answered with anywhere between $12 million and $15 million. I don't understand how the Bears determined that Ogunjobi is worth $40.5 million.
We’re switching to cover 2. You forget already with lovie how this is going to play out?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
bearsb_logo.gif
Bears sign DT Larry Ogunjobi (3 years, $40.5 million; $26.35 million guaranteed): MILLEN Grade
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first Millen grade of the offseason! Millens are "F" grades, except they are worse, somehow.

I don't understand this signing. Larry Ogunjobi is not a great player. He recorded seven sacks in 2021, but that was fluky; he notched 2.5 sacks in the prior season. Ogunjobi also tends to get trampled while trying to defend the run. If you were to ask me, "How much money will Ogunjobi get on a 3-year deal?" I would have answered with anywhere between $12 million and $15 million. I don't understand how the Bears determined that Ogunjobi is worth $40.5 million.
I like ogunjobi a lot as a fit and a player. I would have expected him to get more $8-10 mill/yr but what do I know. Also I'm assuming that Matt Millen grading which is meaningless

Yogi

Liked Posts:
bearsb_logo.gif

I mean, that's from Walterfootball. He has no more concept of free agent value than a random toddler chewing on rocks.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
bearsb_logo.gif

Only 26.5 mil guaranteed though?
I don't represent myself as a cap guru fan or anything but doesn't that mean his deal is closer to 9 million per year with incentives and escalators? If the third year is where the money is,the contract would make much more sense, no?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
bearsb_logo.gif

This definitely has high potential to be a gross overpay, but let's maybe watch the guy play a season in Chicago before freaking out

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This definitely has high potential to be a gross overpay, but let's maybe watch the guy play a season in Chicago before freaking out

Well at least you admit it..... which is why you're a good poster.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That's exactly my point. Every time we switch scheme these coaches need two years to "get the guys they need to ,fit their scheme." It happens every single time.
How is it taking two years if they have already signed a guy?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Walterfootball is the absolute worst "expert". They are trash...like Booger McFarland and Jason La Canfora had a baby and named it walterfootball.....

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whenever a skeptical move happens some random Twitter guy always has to reassure people lol.
Little do we know, this guys 'Bengals inside source' is some rando on a message board