Official- In Draft Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still a little in shock that we got Odunze at #9. Dude is easily the #1 WR in most drafts and could easily go to most teams and be at least a way high upside #2, and he's our 3rd best WR for Caleb. Not only that but it appears Caleb was a huge Odunze fan so Poles telling Caleb "we got your back."
Gotta love the attitude too, especially for a WR. Seems like a well grounded hard worker.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Poles is looking to package next year's first to try to get back in here and grab a guy like Turner, Verse or Murphy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I love the pick and yeah DE is thin I agree but for once bears will hopefully lean on the offense instead of hoping our defense can hold a lead which hardly ever happens anyway lol
They still can pick up a DE in the 3rd or 4th. Besides, there will some DEs who will be cut or the Bears can play a one-year rental of a DE like in 2023.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Interesting that Latu is the first defensive player off the board. Talent was never a question, it was the health.
Yes. But they do their due diligence too. Things we don’t know on our side. Plus it helps he played 2 full seasons at full speed, after his surgery. They know more than us for sure. But that doesn’t take away that he may have a tad higher injury percentage than the rest of the players.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Latu might be my favorite players as far as his personality and work ethic. I will be cheering for him. Although I wouldn't have picked him. Great story and great kid.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Poles is looking to package next year's first to try to get back in here and grab a guy like Turner, Verse or Murphy.
Why? Is that the move that gets them to the Super Bowl this year? No. So why get impatient?

They’re loaded in next year’s draft. No need to blow it now

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I hope not
I dunno. Caleb + Rome + what we've already got sure looks loaded on offense. Defense isn't any worse than last year and finished off really strong. Add an impact player to that in this draft and you could easily be handing over a pick that's well into the 20's next year. That'd be nice value.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They still can pick up a DE in the 3rd or 4th. Besides, there will some DEs who will be cut or the Bears can play a one-year rental of a DE like in 2023.

There’s no stars there probably but you can still add some decent depth