Official- In Draft Thread

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Top of the list for things to fix next year. Or maybe they trade for another one midseason who knows.
My opinion is that they need to get a top DE in the 2025 draft. It is time to have the 5 years of cheaper control. There are lots of players who either get paid soon or are lost.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Latu 1st DE drafted so to all who thought he wasnt worth it he obviously was.
He was my top choice if Rome was gone. Would have been happy with him as a consolation prize. He is going to hit the ground running and put up good numbers his rookie year.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Why? Is that the move that gets them to the Super Bowl this year? No. So why get impatient?

They’re loaded in next year’s draft. No need to blow it now
See above. You're hoping you can add a force multiplier and push the timeline up, looking to make a nice run into the playoffs from day 1.

I certainly don't expect it, was just outwardly wondering.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I dunno. Caleb + Rome + what we've already got sure looks loaded on offense. Defense isn't any worse than last year and finished off really strong. Add an impact player to that in this draft and you could easily be handing over a pick that's well into the 20's next year. That'd be nice value.
If there's a player who they think deserves it pull the trigger

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Latu 1st DE drafted so to all who thought he wasnt worth it he obviously was.
I love him… the spinal fusion does scare the shit out of me though. I’d prefer a bit later to take him just cause I’m pretty uncertain about how long he’ll play. But man, I hope he has a long career. Dude is a beast.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Any chance poles trades next years Carolina 2 and one of our picks to move back into the second..

Center I’d cream my pants
Trade Chicago 2, not Carolina.

I’d like it if they moved back in but if they do it for a C not so much.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Interesting that Latu is the first defensive player off the board. Talent was never a question, it was the health.
Questioned by CCS but not by the people that actual do this draft thing.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Wow. Minny moved up to #17, giving up some picks next year too. They're apparently thinking McCarthy is going to step right in and take them to the promised land.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Why? Is that the move that gets them to the Super Bowl this year? No. So why get impatient?

They’re loaded in next year’s draft. No need to blow it now
I agree.

If everything goes as it should, and we have a playoff run this season, we will be able to add multiple high draft picks to an already formidable team.