***OFFICIAL***Justin Fields should start, bench Andy Dalton.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
If the Bears buck their historical norm and do fire Nagy midseason, Lazor is in the prime position to try and take over and show what his potential is. At this point, I think he could get as good if not better production from the same roster as Nagy so why not positively position himself if the opportunity arises.
Fire Nagy promote Lazor as the interim and depending on how the season goes go after Harbaugh after he gets canned at Michigan.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Last season this team played like trash most of the season because they werent inspired by neither of our shit starting QBs. In the NFL you need a guy that excites and inspires the guys around him and thats what the team lacked last season. This season they again have a starting QB that does not inspire nor lead because frankly guys dont want to lineup behind him. How stupid is Nagy to repeat this same mistake when he actually has a guy who can inspire and lead sitting on the bench? This is the only thing you need to understand why Fields should be starting right now.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, but Nagy has a plan in place and he likes where we're at!

jc456

Liked Posts:
This was a hotly debated topic all summer in '17 and every week until Mitch started.

Bears fans: We should sit Fields for a year to learn like Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

Also Bears fans: Matt Nagy should be fired Monday morning if he doesn't announce Fields is the starter 20 minutes after the first loss.
The question is, who is more talented, and then, who gives the bears the best chance to win

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The question is, who is more talented, and then, who gives the bears the best chance to win
It's not just that but if this is the O we're going to use with Dalton, Fields isn't learning anything by watching it. Not even enough of what not to do.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lazor might even be a better HC than OC. He's seems focused and real about his player's traits Not sure how creative his O would be but with Fields and route options, that takes care of itself. Obviously understands the value of play action and not overtasking an O for consistently.

The hallmark of a VG O is the ability to do one thing well. From day one, Nagy has refused to establish anything like that outside of throwing to a TE before Ds caught up.

How do you push for speed, have Mooney, Goodwin and Byrd and then not have one deep route all fucking game. I don't care who you're playing or if you end up throwing an 50 yd arm punt, not even Brady wins by never throwing a ball ten yards.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dalton would have more trade value than Foles by far should a starter go down somewhere. I can totally seeing Fields starting right after a trade. Dalton plays average enough to have a desperate suitor under the gun after an injury. And there Nick gets what he wants chillin in Chicago.
Call Wash and offer A.Dalton for Kendall Fuller.

They'd probably force us to take Leno back in that trade. Lol

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Lazor might even be a better HC than OC. He's seems focused and real about his player's traits Not sure how creative his O would be but with Fields and route options, that takes care of itself. Obviously understands the value of play action and not overtasking an O for consistently.

The hallmark of a VG O is the ability to do one thing well. From day one, Nagy has refused to establish anything like that outside of throwing to a TE before Ds caught up.

How do you push for speed, have Mooney, Goodwin and Byrd and then not have one deep route all fucking game. I don't care who you're playing or if you end up throwing an 50 yd arm punt, not even Brady wins by never throwing a ball ten yards.
I think Brady had the most deep throws last year. What a concept!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ok I understand fans' eagerness to see Fields but whats with this outlook like Fields is going to solve all this team's problems? The defense is still suspect, Nagy is still calling plays, Pace is still barely capable at keeping an Oline group together that isn't a major liability, etc.

Let's just hurry up and start Fields because at this point I want that to stop being the thing everyone focuses on
No one thinks this will solve the problems of the team and all of sudden we go deep into the playoffs. I want the best chance to win and with Fields as the QB, he gives us a better chance than Dalton.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
STARTS Fields too soon and he shits the bed , about 100 posters on this board will have a melt down, i sgree that he should sit and learn, but Pace's choice of Dalton as a mentor was the real fuck up

Brownie

Liked Posts:
The frustration is that:
- you're essentially wasting a year of development
- you're also wasting a year of his rookie contract
- and you're PROBABLY not going to win more games with A. Dalton anyway

But beyond all of that, I'm convinced that no QB is going to do much in this offense because Nagy's whole reign is that bad. He can't do the job, schematically or development wise. So whatever it takes for him to get sent packing I'm all for. So we can ALL move onto better things.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
STARTS Fields too soon and he shits the bed , about 100 posters on this board will have a melt down, i sgree that he should sit and learn, but Pace's choice of Dalton as a mentor was the real fuck up
What does sitting and learning really accomplish though? What is he going to learn on the sideline that will benefit him over learning on the field? When Pace signed a QB, Fields wasn’t part of the team. Who was he supposed to sign while thinking “I know Justin Fields will drop to us”?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
One thing I am convinced of is that Justin Fields should NOT be on the bench. I am convinced the game is not too big for him, that he will not be overwhelmed by the mental side of the game. Will he shit the bed some times.........sure all rookies do, but you learn from that from that experience and it makes you a better, stronger quarterback.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

If Fields shits the bed, he was never the right guy in the first place.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care anymore. I think ppl are making a HUGE deal outta nothing.

He'll start later this year. We're not running Mike Glennon out there while we're waiting.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What does sitting and learning really accomplish though? What is he going to learn on the sideline that will benefit him over learning on the field? When Pace signed a QB, Fields wasn’t part of the team. Who was he supposed to sign while thinking “I know Justin Fields will drop to us”?
I'd bet the farm that if the Bears knew that Fields was in their future, they would have never signed Dalton and let Foles take the reigns till Fields was ready. Pace's worst nightmare was thinking he's go into this season with only Foles and a late round QB.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is the definition of shitting the bed @hyatt151 ? Did Mitch shit the bed his first year?