***OFFICIAL***Justin Fields should start, bench Andy Dalton.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I don't care anymore. I think ppl are making a HUGE deal outta nothing.

He'll start later this year. We're not running Mike Glennon out there while we're waiting.
looked like it to me. What was the advantage of Dalton vs Fields? Explain that and maybe your point is legit.

BTW, the tipped ball in the first series wasn't even thrown toward a bear receiver!!!!! WTF?

jc456

Liked Posts:
I want the Bears to win. I want Dalton to be successful....

...and I admit the tantrums here will be epic if Fields doesn't start by week 5.
but who gives the m the best chance to win? Is Dalton better than Fields?

Is Fields supposed to be learning by the poor performance plays or the good ones? Dalton should have had some good plays then.

Last edited:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The frustration is that:
- you're essentially wasting a year of development
- you're also wasting a year of his rookie contract
- and you're PROBABLY not going to win more games with A. Dalton anyway

But beyond all of that, I'm convinced that no QB is going to do much in this offense because Nagy's whole reign is that bad. He can't do the job, schematically or development wise. So whatever it takes for him to get sent packing I'm all for. So we can ALL move onto better things.
Pretty much right on target with all points

jc456

Liked Posts:
No one thinks this will solve the problems of the team and all of sudden we go deep into the playoffs. I want the best chance to win and with Fields as the QB, he gives us a better chance than Dalton.
don't you think the team deserves the best chance to win? I do. Fields is that best chance. Even if he sucks. He is more athletic than Dalton, he may have a stronger arm than Dalton. I've never understood this. This isn't baseball, there aren't 162 games to learn in. 17 games. Now 16. And game one was no different than game one from Foles last year. How many times must a team experiment with losing?

jc456

Liked Posts:
The frustration is that:
- you're essentially wasting a year of development
- you're also wasting a year of his rookie contract
- and you're PROBABLY not going to win more games with A. Dalton anyway

But beyond all of that, I'm convinced that no QB is going to do much in this offense because Nagy's whole reign is that bad. He can't do the job, schematically or development wise. So whatever it takes for him to get sent packing I'm all for. So we can ALL move onto better things.
four years and still no offensive genius has arrived from KC. Where is it? Still in KC!!!!! hahaahahahahahahahaha perhaps Nagy wasn't calling plays there. bears are the worst scientists, their lab trials fail every time.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
looked like it to me. What was the advantage of Dalton vs Fields? Explain that and maybe your point is legit.

BTW, the tipped ball in the first series wasn't even thrown toward a bear receiver!!!!! WTF?
Justin Fields won't turn the ball over, correct?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If Fields shits the bed, he was never the right guy in the first place.
I think that’s a harsh statement to make. Like @bears51/40 said, rookies do shit the bed at times. I would except him to make mistakes but what makes the difference is if he learns from those mistakes or not. Is he gonna be a Trubisky who just never learned or a Mahomes who learned the more he played.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'd bet the farm that if the Bears knew that Fields was in their future, they would have never signed Dalton and let Foles take the reigns till Fields was ready. Pace's worst nightmare was thinking he's go into this season with only Foles and a late round QB.
Agreed and like you mentioned, Pace couldn’t go into this season without a better starting QB. We had the Wilson rumors for a while but as soon as that failed Pace got the best he could. The problem with the entire situation is the “promise” that was made. Once Fields fell into their laps, that “promise” should have been taken off the table and there should have been a true QB competition.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Dalton better than Fields?
You do not know this. Fields is a great prospect. That is all.

It's not like Fields won't have some rough games this year either.

He's going to start soon enough. Calm down.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is the definition of shitting the bed @hyatt151 ? Did Mitch shit the bed his first year?
don't act like i said Fields will shit the bed, i saidd very clearly IF HE SHITS THE BED, my delanition of shitting the bed is a losing record and a QBR under 85

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
don't act like i said Fields will shit the bed, i saidd very clearly IF HE SHITS THE BED, my delanition of shitting the bed is a losing record and a QBR under 85
That’s fair, I’m just asking. Now as far as the losing record, I won’t put that on him this year but I’d go a little higher on the QBR. Mid 90s for me

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that’s a harsh statement to make. Like @bears51/40 said, rookies do shit the bed at times. I would except him to make mistakes but what makes the difference is if he learns from those mistakes or not. Is he gonna be a Trubisky who just never learned or a Mahomes who learned the more he played.

Let me define this for you, for the sake of being on the same page.

I think unless it is due to injury, the idea of ruining a GREAT quarterback is a myth. Having the mental toughness to be able to handle whatever comes their way is what makes them GREAT.

However, you can hurt a potentially GOOD quarterback. But not the great ones. And honestly, there have been plenty of times where fans have blamed a coach of an NFL team for "ruining" a player, when in fact, even under better circumstances, they may not have been great to begin with.

I've changed my mind on the idea of "ruining" a quarterback. I think if you can ruin him, then the peak of what you were going to get was Kirk Cousins level QB play anyway. But not a real franchise guy.

And for the record, that greatness in terms of mental toughness - I already see it in the kid Fields. I think he is going to be one of the great ones...

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed and like you mentioned, Pace couldn’t go into this season without a better starting QB. We had the Wilson rumors for a while but as soon as that failed Pace got the best he could. The problem with the entire situation is the “promise” that was made. Once Fields fell into their laps, that “promise” should have been taken off the table and there should have been a true QB competition.
if you make a promise and back out of it, good luck getting other free agents to sign in the future once the word gets out, better off getting rid of P ace before he fucks things up again

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
if you make a promise and back out of it, good luck getting other free agents to sign in the future once the word gets out, better off getting rid of P ace before he fucks things up again
Other posters on here have said the same exact thing as you just did, but it’s all bullshit. Even if Pace/Nagy backed out of that promise they would be able to sign high to low end free agents. The reason why free agents wouldn’t sign with the Bears is because they are a shit organization with a terrible HC.

If a high end FA is interested in the Bears, he’s not going to back out because of the “failed promise” when he knows he will be a starter. Cracks me up that people actually think free agents wouldn’t come to the Bears if Pace went back on his promise.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields won't turn the ball over, correct?
Every QB turns the ball over. Aaron Rodgers did twice last week. Are you thinking Dalton’s better than Rodgers? Hahaha. Dalton’s got one already! For you to think no QB turns the ball over is hilarious. Thanks

jc456

Liked Posts:

I’m done watching has beens show us they really are!

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I don't care anymore. I think ppl are making a HUGE deal outta nothing.

He'll start later this year. We're not running Mike Glennon out there while we're waiting.
Glennon in his Bears week 1 had almost the same amount of yards as Dalton had, only he had 1 TD and 2 less turnovers Dalton had.
Glennon was actually BETTER than Dalton was.

So the Bears are running a slightly less version of Glennon out there. Yikes.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

We do know that Dalton isn't good. He's shown this over the last few seasons.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Every QB turns the ball over. Aaron Rodgers did twice last week. Are you thinking Dalton’s better than Rodgers? Hahaha. Dalton’s got one already! For you to think no QB turns the ball over is hilarious. Thanks
Actually, Dalton has got two. He had the fumble as well, but they were going for it on 4th down, so it didn't matter anyways.