OFFICIAL: Lazor to call plays

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What I have been saying is if you want to form a posse and get Pace for failing to get talent on offense, I'll join you and help lasso him down, no problem.

But with a real offensive coach like Greg Roman or Bill Walsh or [insert any legit football guy] we move the ball more and put together a couple more drives per game. The insane lack of technique that any decent HS player can see is wrong is beyond unprofessional and bordering on incompetence the likes of which no coach has ever presided over not named Mel Tucker.

I know you disagree on percentage of blame I guess but when you say Pace should get the lion's share it seems like you are pegging him as the ultimate source while I am focusing more on the games right now and what COULD BE every damned week.

I take it we would agree as to the ultimate source of blame being Ted Phillips yes?
I completely agree with the bolded part. That's essentially what i was trying to say before. They're a bad personnel group but you should be able to get more out of them. To have a net of zero points in the 3rd qtr and have so many games with 3 points until garbage time hits...its completely unacceptable.

Id absolutely point towards Teddy but it feels like such a worthless thing to bitch about. I have no expectations for them to make any kind of change on a level that high. But i think a change at the GM position after this long is pretty realistic. I just hate the dude. I hate that he keeps jeopardizing the future to save his ass.

He should have been fired once this wonderful piece of writing came out about a year ago. Why did the Bears draft Mitch Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There's nothing they can do to fix it this season and honesty, why are you so against it since it wont make a difference? Lazor bombs and Nagy can say "i told you so" and the questions for a different play caller stop. If there's some sort of minor progress that would suggest that Nagy's play calling is part of the problem, you build upon that next season if he's still here. When your offense is this bad, there is literally no downside to this. Maybe this is all BS on Nagys part and everyone on that coaching staff is in on it. Or maybe its some kind of genuine, football introspection that can make a man better.

I would just like people to stop acting like posters think there's one thing holding this offense back because outside of the occasional weirdo, no one says these things. But after 3 years, Nagy has had say in all personnel moves to build his offense. These are his coaches. They develop their players, learn his offense and there's a complete massive failure at executing it every week from players and coaches alike.
Nagy was brought in to be a play caller. If you strip him of that then there’s literally no point in keeping him around. Like I said to Josey just fire him at that point, which I wouldn’t be opposed to.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy was brought in to be a play caller. If you strip him of that then there’s literally no point in keeping him around. Like I said to Josey just fire him at that point, which I wouldn’t be opposed to.
Works for me.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

If ya check he's background, it's nothing to write home about. Maybe he'll have a positive effect on the offense

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I won’t believe Lazor is calling plays until we get rid of the horrible schemes to Patterson. If we see those then Nagy is still calling plays but having Lazor call them in.

ImSure

Liked Posts:
No we shouldn't you dont come top the NFL to learn how to play the game of football especially qb .

Its beyond to ridiculous to apologize to someone who makes it to the nfl starts 40 games and ten says oops my bad I didnt even focus on the details until this tear. We flat out picked the wrong guy
and yet if he was Andy Reid's QB he'd be light years ahead of where he is now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy is not game aware. He doesn’t read the situation and make the correct calls. He doesn’t keep the tempo up when he should, he runs one too many similar plays in a row when he should be keeping teams off balance, and he runs personnel groups that don’t fool anyone.

The play designs are decent, but Nagy has no offensive play calling rhythm.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
and yet if he was Andy Reid's QB he'd be light years ahead of where he is now.

thats a helluva assumption because Reid doesn't teach instincts of which Trubisky doesn't have any

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
it's being called unselfish....IMO this is his chance for the offense to sputter, NOT under his control, so he can point the arrow at Ryan Pace in an underhanded way

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Do we have any idea who will be playing on O Line today......

Leno
??
??
Ifedi
??

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'm of the belief that this won't help much, but then again, I'm hoping Lazor will bring a more sensical and predictable approach compared to Nagy's "Be You" bull shit. Again, I'm not expecting a miracle, but I do think that Nagy over-thinks things more often than not.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I completely agree with the bolded part. That's essentially what i was trying to say before. They're a bad personnel group but you should be able to get more out of them. To have a net of zero points in the 3rd qtr and have so many games with 3 points until garbage time hits...its completely unacceptable.

Id absolutely point towards Teddy but it feels like such a worthless thing to bitch about. I have no expectations for them to make any kind of change on a level that high. But i think a change at the GM position after this long is pretty realistic. I just hate the dude. I hate that he keeps jeopardizing the future to save his ass.

He should have been fired once this wonderful piece of writing came out about a year ago. Why did the Bears draft Mitch Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson?

Why did the Bears draft Mitch Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson?

This is one helluva a article. Much of what Pace saw was just the opposite.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why did the Bears draft Mitch Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson?

This is one helluva a article. Much of what Pace saw was just the opposite.

Wow.

From your article:

Pace has stressed since he arrived in Chicago how valuable a standout quarterback is to the long-term direction of the franchise. Without one, he has said, “you’re a ship without a sail.”

Our sail has big holes in it.

I know it's a long article, but there are plenty gems like the one u found. Take a look at this one ? ......

With an undeniable rush, Pace expounded upon his philosophy of never having regrets, about making damn certain he would get the player he truly wanted. He highlighted Trubisky’s accuracy, his ability to see and process the entire field, his knack for extending plays. He emphasized his unwavering belief that Trubisky had great “potential to be a championship quarterback,” the key cog in allowing the Bears to enjoy sustained success.

“When you have an opportunity to get a quarterback of this caliber, you can't pass on it,” Pace said.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:

If ya check he's background, it's nothing to write home about. Maybe he'll have a positive effect on the offense

This is the issue - it’s a bit ‘anyone but Nagy’ right now but Lazor’s track record is pretty much zero, he hasn’t stuck in a job anywhere more than a couple of years and has very little OC experience. I’m not even sure how he managed to get our OC job? Maybe scraping the barrel when the plan is for them not to call the plays? We’ll see I guess, maybe the change will be good but I’m not massively excited.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
One play to turn me off to his play calling....that’s all it took. No cute bullshit like Nagy please.

Last edited: