OFFICIAL: Lazor to call plays

shoez90

Liked Posts:
So we hate the bears and how they playing ultra vanilla but now mad they making a change? Is it the cure? Of course not but unless we have another roster no one is talking about it shows a realization from management this shit show is not working. I personally think its for Nagy to cover his ass forced or not to say see wasn't me.

mecha

Liked Posts:
So we hate the bears and how they playing ultra vanilla but now mad they making a change? Is it the cure? Of course not but unless we have another roster no one is talking about it shows a realization from management this shit show is not working. I personally think its for Nagy to cover his ass forced or not to say see wasn't me.

I was led to believe that the guy taking over has been fired by multiple teams. which means he's probably not very impressive at his job, and it's only fitting that the Chicago Bears hire him. someone probably said "LOL HIS NAME IS LAZOR, LET'S GET HIM" and here we are now.

BHVAASHJFASJFHASFGJ may be perceived as epic fail by the populous but to his credit he has never been fired by a team yet.

we'll see what the next guy does, I'm not expecting wholesale changes however. if the players suck balls you're going to get sucktastic results.

EDIT: let's call it what it is, Bill Lazor is the new fall guy.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
nagy will never lay into guys especially for an effort. He literally said last week he would never ever criticize guys for effort and that this group plays hard.
Last weeks Club Drubbed speech from Nagy included, "Guys, I know we lost but you guys really tried hard, and in my book that makes you all winners. The important thing is we all had fun, got to play a little, and learned a bit. No let's get loaded up in the BE YOU bus and head to Dairy Queen. Your families are waiting for us with Peanut Buster Parfay's and some nice trophies."

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If lazor gets rid of the half the options are man beaters and the other half are zone beaters, i think we'll see some improvement by that alone...

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No i won’t. Because I was under the assumption that it was Nagy and his trick plays and his love for Patterson that held back the offense. A new play caller should fix those issues right?

I thought it was the lack of fundamental technique and play discipline drilled into our players that is primary

Secodary issues are bad personnel assignments with zero thought given to matchups as well as predictably dumb playcalling that is trying too hard to "be smart".... Only ONE of these factors has changed. No one should be expecting improvement since "making a change" =/= improvement. A straw man position you are trying to construct. Be honest.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
It wasn't an excuse but ok.

This seems eerily familiar...Oh yeah, Earmuff Mafia said these kind of things when we wanted Mitch out, acting like we put all the blame on him. Sorry to say, no one puts it all on Nagy but if you honestly don't think his play calling has been an issue, idk what to say.

Dude has a say in personnel too. He's the HC and this is his offense. Nagy has a big role to play in this offenses failure to do anything since they played the Rams in 2018.

This kid is not sincere. I have been going back and forth with him for months on the fact that effort and fundamental techniques and discipline are absolutely nonexistent foremost on the OL but all over the offense really.

Everyone knows that is on the COACHING not the talent. Hell, if they are that bad then they need to play fundamentally sound ALL THE MORE making Nagy's failures as a coach even MORE pronounced that he cannot even get them to basically play their own positions correctly at the level of college kids.

First few times back and forth, I understand him being unsure, hesitant, slow to take my word and needs to watch the tape to see that NO OTHER OL in the whole league (never mind efficient HS D1 recruits you can see any given Friday night!) repeatedly stands up, gets blown off or even gets turned around - by their own CONFUSION - 180 DEGREES more than our guys ...

again that is NOT talent level but failure to play their own positions correctly at the most basic level!

At this point, he is just contrarian and blindly so and making straw men of our positions and being quite quixotic by

a) acting like he is honestly engaging us while

b) twisting our words and deconstructing our points into gibberish so he can try and frame the debate in a way that favors his own view in his own simplistic mind: "Bad players. Blame Pace. Nagy is not perfect but poor Nagy deserves better."

Sad part is he isn't even wrong about Pace but Christ, this kid has no ability to understand the whole picture and has ZERO humility when talking with others.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gonna laugh when all the idiots realize play calling wasn’t the issue
It's A issue and one that hasn't compensated for other issues. I don't dislike out WR coach though it's difficult to know what is him or Nagy scheme. I'd like to see more WR route options and schemes to get one open but that's on the position coach nor will that change with playcaller.

Tight ends coach has had four players voted to the Pro Bowl with four different teams.

RB coach seems fine and the ball carriers seem to know their assignments. My biggest issue is the poor lead blocking by the FB but it may be the player. They aren't making mental mistakes and seem to correct things that fail them. Monty hitting the hole harder this year and Cohen taking more inside lanes before the ding.

That said, I'd have preferred Ragone to give it a try. I knew it wouldn't happen due to experience but he did not originate in this system, has visibly disagreed with Nagy calling errors before the fact and would bring a fresh perspective to this O.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suuuuuure, right after Nagy's scripted 95 plays.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im hopeful the clock management and fourth and short plays will improve, not expecting much else though

Reactions: DC

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This kid is not sincere. I have been going back and forth with him for months on the fact that effort and fundamental techniques and discipline are absolutely nonexistent foremost on the OL but all over the offense really.

Everyone knows that is on the COACHING not the talent. Hell, if they are that bad then they need to play fundamentally sound ALL THE MORE making Nagy's failures as a coach even MORE pronounced that he cannot even get them to basically play their own positions correctly at the level of college kids.

First few times back and forth, I understand him being unsure, hesitant, slow to take my word and needs to watch the tape to see that NO OTHER OL in the whole league (never mind efficient HS D1 recruits you can see any given Friday night!) repeatedly stands up, gets blown off or even gets turned around - by their own CONFUSION - 180 DEGREES more than our guys ...

again that is NOT talent level but failure to play their own positions correctly at the most basic level!

At this point, he is just contrarian and blindly so and making straw men of our positions and being quite quixotic by

a) acting like he is honestly engaging us while

b) twisting our words and deconstructing our points into gibberish so he can try and frame the debate in a way that favors his own view in his own simplistic mind: "Bad players. Blame Pace. Nagy is not perfect but poor Nagy deserves better."

Sad part is he isn't even wrong about Pace but Christ, this kid has no ability to understand the whole picture and has ZERO humility when talking with others.
I think you have trouble accepting a differing opinion. I do think Nagy deserves better and I do think that the play calling issue over blown. And if your whole argument is that him giving up play calling will help the offense by 1) having better plays called and 2) help fix the effort issue you are talking about then it stands to reason we should see some real improvement. I don’t think we will.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I thought it was the lack of fundamental technique and play discipline drilled into our players that is primary

Secodary issues are bad personnel assignments with zero thought given to matchups as well as predictably dumb playcalling that is trying too hard to "be smart".... Only ONE of these factors has changed. No one should be expecting improvement since "making a change" =/= improvement. A straw man position you are trying to construct. Be honest.
So we agree this was a pointless move. Just fire Nagy at this point then.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
To me what's weird is Lazor had an interview uploaded 4 hours before Nagys and when someone asked him about him playcalling he would not comment on it.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I am looking forward to see if Lazor is given authority over personnel groupings and I hope they are actually going to get a RB sighting of Pierce or Miller

Liked Posts:
Sorry if it's be mentioned but is Lazor going to use his own plays or Nagy's plays? Is he also going to be allowed to do more motion and perhaps keep Patterson out of the backfield? I guess what I'm asking is will he have complete autonomy overy the offense?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I am looking forward to see if Lazor is given authority over personnel groupings and I hope they are actually going to get a RB sighting of Pierce or Miller

Nagy said that lazor will be able to run the offense the way he wants to, so that leads me to believe that includes personnel but we’ll see