OFFICIAL: Lazor to call plays

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Not really. He is handing the duties over to Bill Lazor, a multiple times fired OC. As well he still designs the plays and decides on active personnel. I expect similar results, but a more professional appearance to play sequencing.

Replacing bald tires on a rusty 1976 pinto with bad brakes and a slipping transmission doesn't suddenly make it a hugely safer vehicle
A more professional appearance to play calling but no results should underscore that personnel was the defining issue then right? If it’s not the play sequencing then where does the *majority* of the blame lie?

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Pace really fucked this team. I hope the next girl he **** gives him genital warts

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the beginning of the end

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The excuses already being made as to why the offense doesn’t look any better without Nagy
It wasn't an excuse but ok.

This seems eerily familiar...Oh yeah, Earmuff Mafia said these kind of things when we wanted Mitch out, acting like we put all the blame on him. Sorry to say, no one puts it all on Nagy but if you honestly don't think his play calling has been an issue, idk what to say.

Dude has a say in personnel too. He's the HC and this is his offense. Nagy has a big role to play in this offenses failure to do anything since they played the Rams in 2018.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Lazor calling the offense. Pagano calling the defense.

So... Nagy is still calling time outs?

We are still doomed.

And where can I get a gig like Nagy, not doing what I’m supposed to be doing?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It wasn't an excuse but ok.

This seems eerily familiar...Oh yeah, Earmuff Mafia said these kind of things when we wanted Mitch out, acting like we put all the blame on him. Sorry to say, no one puts it all on Nagy but if you honestly don't think his play calling has been an issue, idk what to say.

Dude has a say in personnel too. He's the HC and this is his offense. Nagy has a big role to play in this offenses failure to do anything since they played the Rams in 2018.
He’s not Andy Reid for damn sure but his play calling is not holding the Bears back from being a Super Bowl contender either. The reality is the Bears are not super bowl contenders because they do not have the horses on offense. I think it’s that simple. No play caller is going to make this offensive line functional and until that gets resolved the offense will continue to flounder.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s not Andy Reid for damn sure but his play calling is not holding the Bears back from being a Super Bowl contender either. The reality is the Bears are not super bowl contenders because they do not have the horses on offense. I think it’s that simple. No play caller is going to make this offensive line functional and until that gets resolved the offense will continue to flounder.
No. One. Said. That.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Lazor calling plays
Nagy calling personnel grouping
Patterson in every down

#superbowl

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
0% chance Nagy gave it up for the "good of the team" or whatever bullshit story Bears PR is trying to sell. He was either forced to give it up or he's laying the ground work to make Lazor the next scapegoat.

"See guys I let someone else call the plays and the offense still sucks..."

Yeah Matt, because your playbook fucking sucks and you thought Juan Castillo, Germain Ifedi, and two 7th rounders would be an adequate solution to one of the leagues worst OLs in 2019.

I'm curious to see if he's still going to be on the sideline with his BE YOU menu pretending to be calling plays so he can stay true to the "if we change playcallers and you guys may never even know it" bullshit he was trying to sell before.

Bottom line: I'll believe someone else is calling the plays when I stop seeing Patterson on offense and they actually start using the TE they drafted.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BREAKING: Line on the Bears game versus the Vikings swings from +2.5 to -6.5

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller will definitely use both hands to make every catch now, and do so in ahead of the first down marker.

Everyone will definitely agree that Mitch Trubisky was the correct pick after Lazor scraps the 'Throw the ball 10 yards over the wide open receiver's head' play.