***OFFICIAL*** Montgomery is gonna be a beast

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking gaining more yards is meaningless

It is, at the expense of an turnover or injury when you've already got the first down.

You're misrepresenting what I'm saying by trying to simplify it to "more yards = bad."

But this is coming from the guy that flipped out during an IGT about a rare Howard fumble. I mean like a, "cut him now" flip out. So obviously RB turnovers bother you -- a lot -- so I cannot take you serious right now.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
?

https://streamable.com/rukeq

Holy shit. I can't wait to see what Nagy does with him. I'd get on the OROY hype train now, but I don't think he will get enough touches to contend for that.

Apologies if this clip was already posted, didn't see it, but it's probably buried in one of the training camp threads.
Slip the first tackler, truck the second, might have a little Thomas Jones in him.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is you want a power back to turn into creampuff Tarik Cohen, running out of bounds for everything? Okay then.

No, that is irritating to me too. But that's what Cohen is because of his size.

This is turning into a mass meatball argument, but I'll part with, I don't want to see any crying in IGTs because Montgomery got stripped trying to fight for an extra yard or two. We should all be thankful after the turnover that at least Montgomery isn't a pussy like Cohen...lol.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It is, at the expense of an turnover or injury when you've already got the first down.

You're misrepresenting what I'm saying by trying to simplify it to "more yards = bad."

But this is coming from the guy that flipped out during an IGT about a rare Howard fumble. I mean like a, "cut him now" flip out. So obviously RB turnovers bother you...a lot...so I cannot take you serious right now.

And you began this argument inferring that he's going to try to truck every defender who tries to tackle him from one video clip during training camp.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really not that complicated. Monty fighting for yards and not going down easy is great. Halftime just sayiny hopefully he knows when to do so and when the risk reward warrants not getting stood up and stripped or injured.

Pretty benign comment for people to get pissy about.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, when he was drafted I compared him to another #beefback Marshall Faulk. I was laughed at and mocked... not for much longer though. Montenegro is the TRUTH.

Except Faulk weighted 210 and ran a 4.35+/- 40. I hope you are right, and you may be, but the lack of speed still concerns me.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty benign comment for people to get pissy about.

The OP was much too positive...there had to be some complaints to Yin that Yang.

Montgomery got a lot of praise yesterday which was a day the offense never got into gear and Mitchell's arm never woke up. I think in a few weeks...it is going to be difficult to keep him off the field.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate back comparisons. I like The Big Monty.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Except Faulk weighted 210 and ran a 4.35+/- 40. I hope you are right, and you may be, but the lack of speed still concerns me.

David is quick, great jukes and power but doesnt have top end speed. He is however, .004 seconds faster in the 40 than Walter, and he was pretty good.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

But this is coming from the guy that flipped out during an IGT about a rare Howard fumble. I mean like a, "cut him now" flip out. So obviously RB turnovers bother you -- a lot -- so I cannot take you serious right now.

This is good stuff coming from the guy who is freaking out about camp interceptions. Are you sure that you can be taken seriously?

And Howard was useless, besides his pass blocking.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Watching that clip its apparent our O-line is gonna have to learn to block til the whistle with Monty carrying, they stopped blocking after the first hit thinking he'd go down. Musta thought they were blocking for J Howard.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is good stuff coming from the guy who is freaking out about camp interceptions. Are you sure that you can be taken seriously?

And Howard was useless, besides his pass blocking.

Montgomery had 3 fumbles in college with more than 680+ touches (?). One of those came in pouring rain. Not worried about his "fumbling"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is rather interesting that a poster who strongly lamented the loss of a back who was all about contact yards would bring up injuries due to contact yards.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It is rather interesting that a poster who strongly lamented the loss of a back who was all about contact yards would bring up injuries due to contact yards.
Stuck in the past jerking off to JH's 2016 rookie season in an archaic offense

Liked Posts:
I'm suggesting situational awareness.

Just pointing out there is a fine line between fighting for that meaningless extra yard and getting the ball stripped or getting injured.

No extra yard in the NFL is meaningless. You fight for every yard you can get. A guy who fumbled 2 or 3 times in his college career knows how to protect the ball. Those extra yards can set up better situations during the drive. Every play involves situational awareness.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Here hoping we have 2 great running backs along with Cohen

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But all I've heard is that Howard was too one dimensional, and Montgomery is being compared to Marshall Faulk and Le'von Bell, so yeah, I'd be more worried about losing the future ROY to injuries than Howard.