***OFFICIAL*** NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round IGT

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Why should the D get a ball they never touched? Anywhere else in the field a fumble out of bounds goes back to the O, why should the EZ be any different?

I gotta agree, and I’ve always thought this.

Just put the ball on the 1 in the offense’s hands. I can’t think of any logical reason the defense deserves to be the beneficiary of a turnover when a turnover never actually happened.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I gotta agree, and I’ve always thought this.

Just put the ball on the 1 in the offense’s hands. I can’t think of any logical reason the defense deserves to be the beneficiary of a turnover when a turnover never actually happened.
So give them a do-over from the 1 yard line?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We’re doomed to see more Super Bowls for the Chiefs over the next 15-20 years than Belichick/Brady ever had, and by a lot. I’m convinced of it.

At which point do they stop being the plucky loveable fun team and start becoming the new Evil Empire?
Next year when the alternative is not the packers winning it all.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So give them a do-over from the 1 yard line?

A do-over of what?

Is it a “do-over” when a player steps out of bounds at the 20, and they place the ball at the 20? Or when a player fumbles the ball out of bounds at the 20?

Going out of bounds after being in-bounds is not a punitive thing in the NFL. Why make it one in one particular 10 yard zone on the field?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We’re doomed to see more Super Bowls for the Chiefs over the next 15-20 years than Belichick/Brady ever had, and by a lot. I’m convinced of it.

At which point do they stop being the plucky loveable fun team and start becoming the new Evil Empire?
They dont really have an unlikable team outside of Hill, imo. Andy Reid has always been the fat lovable type.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A do-over of what?

Is it a “do-over” when a player steps out of bounds at the 20, and they place the ball at the 20? Or when a player fumbles the ball out of bounds at the 20?

Going out of bounds after being in-bounds is not a punitive thing in the NFL. Why make it one in one particular 10 yard zone on the field?
That 10 yard zone is very important zone, no?

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
No. The goal line is different than any other line on the field. If you can't legally possess the ball while going into the endzone, and it leaves the field of play, why should you get a second chance?
Yeah I don’t know what the best answer is, but it seems unnecessarily penal.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
That was weird. Wasn'ty helmet to helmet.. his head didn't seem to hit the ground hard.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah I don’t know what the best answer is, but it seems unnecessarily penal.
The best answer is what the rule is. Let me give you another scenario: Bears are on their own 1 yard line, and a shotgun snap goes over Watson's head and rolls out of the back of the endzone. Should the defense not be awarded that 2 points for a safety? They never touched it, never made a tackle, it was a mistake completely by the offense.

So why award the safety in that scenario, but not the touchback in the other endzone?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I kinda wondered why they let Mahomes run so much. He’s not some Joe Schmo crash dummy

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
The best answer is what the rule is. Let me give you another scenario: Bears are on their own 1 yard line, and a shotgun snap goes over Watson's head and rolls out of the back of the endzone. Should the defense not be awarded that 2 points for a safety? They never touched it, never made a tackle, it was a mistake completely by the offense.

So why award the safety in that scenario, but not the touchback in the other endzone?
Ok, but using that scenario, EVERY time the offense goes backwards it benefits the D, when, other than this rule, is the offense penalized for going forward?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anybody else see Hill push a coach as they went to commercial