*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
long as I dont see a post in this thread about one of you mofos still drinking milk, we good.
wqi0bB.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Awesome hire, a better fit than Brady, just not as high of a ceiling. I don’t think that is a bad thing, Fields will make them all look great if things go our way. Best thing for him is all the coaches on the same page.

In before DBB spins this that Brady had a horrible interview.
We'll see. He and Getsy are going to be crucial for Fields development. Id like to find some content on what he's done with QBs.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Highlight:

" -- And after eight seasons overseeing defensive backs for the Detroit Lions and Colts, Williams will give coordinator duties a second try. He will do so with the green light from Eberflus to call the plays as the defensive-minded Eberflus takes on his first head coaching job.

“I do believe that to be the head football coach and be efficient at that, you are exactly that: the head football coach,” Eberflus said Monday. “(That way) I can be involved in all aspects of the game. So the defensive coordinator we hire will call the defensive plays.”

Those responsibilities now fall to Williams, who already has a strong partnership with Eberflus.

Reich said he enjoyed listening over the headset as Eberflus called the Colts defense on game days, creating valuable in-the-moment interaction with his defensive staff. Williams, Reich noted, always provided dynamic dialogue, building substantial trust with Eberflus over their four years together.

“Alan has really good command of the whole picture,” Reich said. “He is fast on his feet as a thinker.” -- "

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I would like for some of these douche nozzles to workout for the Bears, rather than worry about comp picks. Just my 2 pennies
you can thank pace and nagy for that...mine as well try and get something out of it dont ya think

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

If this is true then Brad Biggs got another one right and DBB got another one wrong. Really bad mid-week for the DBB cult. WOW!
It's gotta get at least a little tiring spending sooooooo much time on CCS and doing nothing but following certain posters around to troll them. I mean you spend a ton of time on here but hardly ever talk about the Bears or football.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
To summarize:

Heads coach - Defensive background

OC - Wide receiver coach until 2 years ago.

QB Coach - Wide receiver and o-line coach until last year.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Background on new Bears QB Coach Andrew Janocko:

33-year-old former backup quarterback for the University of Pittsburgh in the '00s.

Got his NFL start in 2012 as an offensive assistant for Greg Schiano with Buccaneers.

Kicked down to Mercyhurst University in Pennsylvania in 2014.

Made a quality control coach with the Vikings in 2015.

Co-offensive line coach in 2018.

Demoted to assistant offensive line coach in 2019.

Made Vikings wide receivers coach in 2020

Named quarterbacks coach in 2021, replacing Klint Kubiak.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:

The Bears’ process distinguished itself from Poles’ previous interviews. On Jan. 18, Poles met with the Vikings. A day after that, the Giants interviewed him a second time for their GM opening.

“I thought this one was a little different … with Bill Polian involved,” Poles said. “It was refreshing because it was a lot of football questions. Obviously, the makeup, what I’m about, philosophy, all of that stuff was covered by everybody.

“But I call it scout school. Like (Polian) went to scout school. What do you look for? What are the traits? What are the measurables? He went through all of that. I thought that was really refreshing.”

That was a really good article by Jahns. A lot of human element to it. In addition to that comment about Polian you noted, I found it interesting that Poles and Eberflus had reached out to form a connection 1.5 years ago. So, I think when Poles first started to get an inkling he may be able to get interviews to be a GM, he really researched and started reaching out to potential HC. - and Eberflus was on that list.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Depends on what Poles thinks his upside is. He’s still very young.

Inconsistent, expensive, and never helped Fields up when he got knocked down (which we know is a Poles pet peeve).

Oh, and the GM evaluating him has a history of finding talent at O-line in the draft.

You really think he's going to fight with other teams for Daniels?

Yeah, no. Good luck with that.