*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ingram .. didn’t he get in trouble with assault/dv ?

hard pass;

LSU OL Ed Ingram Arrested on 2 Counts of Sexual Assault of a Minor. LSU sophomore offensive lineman Ed Ingram, who was suspended by the team Aug. 3, was arrested the day before and charged with "two counts of aggravated sexual assault in Dallas County," according to Brooks Kubena of The Advocate.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Also a negative ? (I was saying I didn't want Ingram because he was getting pushed back).
An OL is supposed to give ground when pass blocking. And in a one on one drill situation it's pretty much impossible not to.

That's pretty basic football that you learn at 12 years old.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The sexual assault of a minor occurred when he was also a minor. It's a weird story and sounds pretty bad but he was also 15 when it happened and the charges were dropped.
He was a starter at LSU

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The sexual assault of a minor occurred when he was also a minor. It's a weird story and sounds pretty bad but he was also 15 when it happened and the charges were dropped.
He was over 18 , the victim didn't disclose her age.. are you saying she was 16-17 ? I guess not to derail this thread, at what age is sexual assualt "ok" ?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He was a starter at LSU
The assaults occurred when he was 15 and he was charged when he was 18 or 19 and the charges were dropped when he was 20 or so. It happened in Desoto Texas where he is from.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He was over 18 , the victim didn't disclose her age.. are you saying she was 16-17 ? I guess not to derail this thread, at what age is sexual assualt "ok" ?
He was 15, the girl was 14. I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying he was a minor. Read the link I posted just above.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The assaults occurred when he was 15 and he was charged when he was 18 or 19 and the charges were dropped when he was 20 or so. It happened in Desoto Texas where he is from.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
An OL is supposed to give ground when pass blocking. And in a one on one drill situation it's pretty much impossible not to.

That's pretty basic football that you learn at 12 years old.

And yet, I saw Jenkins not give ground. Saw back in the day, Long not give ground, seen other o linemen in the league not give ground like Nelson....

Who would have thought the NFL would be different and a bit more advanced than what you learned when you were 12 year old in Pop Warner ?????

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not gonna derail the thread, sorry Dejo but you're wrong on the age (it happened in 2018)

Ingram, 19, was arrested Aug. 2 after the DeSoto Police Department received a report from Child Protective Services nearly a year earlier for the alleged incident involving a minor. He released Aug. 4 on a $40,000 bond.

If he was 18-19 and the girl was 14 this guy shouldn't even be able to play football he should be in fkn prison and neutered.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And yet, I saw Jenkins not give ground. Saw back in the day, Long not give ground, seen other o linemen in the league not give ground like Nelson....

Who would have thought the NFL would be different and a bit more advanced than what you learned when you were 12 year old in Pop Warner ?????
I played football in college. And it was pretty much the same then.

How often do you see OL pass blocking across the line of scrimmage? Never. That would tell an intelligent person something.

If you mean that he didn't stonewall the player in a single one on one drill that you watched, and that is why you don't want him, then you are even less football intelligent than your original post indicated. The person who took the video, who actually knows about football, considered it an impressive rep for Ingram because it was.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

You’re missing the point of a 1v1 drill though. The DL isn’t diagnosing run or pass. He’s just rushing full tilt. It’s a drill that favors the defender, actually.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not gonna derail the thread, sorry Dejo but you're wrong on the age (it happened in 2018)

Ingram, 19, was arrested Aug. 2 after the DeSoto Police Department received a report from Child Protective Services nearly a year earlier for the alleged incident involving a minor. He released Aug. 4 on a $40,000 bond.

If he was 18-19 and the girl was 14 this guy shouldn't even be able to play football he should be in fkn prison and neutered.
Read my link. He was 16. It wasn't reported until 2017 but it occurred in 2015. Unless my link is totally wrong.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was 15, the girl was 14. I'm not saying it's ok, I'm saying he was a minor. Read the link I posted just above.
If he was 15 he wouldn't have been charged with anything

EDIT Sorry - stupid.. yes sexual assualt is the charge, I am thinking consensual sex.. Jesus H Christ, reading your link @dennehy makes me hate this mfer even worse! HOW is he still allowed to walk free ? SMH

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Just to be a fair, an addendum to this - if I am looking at interior lineman, in past blocking at most I want them only to take one step backwards and for the most part be able to pass someone to the right or the left. That's because the quarterback means a clean pocket to step into.

If you go back and watch the Chicago Bears last season and look at our interior, our guys routinely were getting pushed into Justin fields. Justin rarely had a clean pocket to step up into because guys like mustapher, daniels, and whitehair we're getting bull rushed and pushed 3 to 5 steps backwards which forced fields to have to flush out of the pocket.

This would also explain the bullshit PFF grades if they are relying on Pop Warner sensibilities in order to grade offensive lineman.

I look at it more holistically - does the quarterback have a clean pocket or not? If he does not have a clean pocket, which offensive lineman or linemen are getting bodied and pushed into the pocket?

It would make no sense to get rid of someone who's getting pushed around only to draft someone who also is getting pushed around.

Reactions: Myk

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You’re missing the point of a 1v1 drill though. The DL isn’t diagnosing run or pass. He’s just rushing full tilt. It’s a drill that favors the defender, actually.

I understand that. But I'm looking for a badass offensive lineman who doesn't give a fuck and can deliver as much as he is getting and at best surrender only a step back, forcing the defender laterally. There are those meats out there. That's what I want for the o-line.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No, I edited I was thinking this was a consensual sex / charged dropped etc., then I read your link
I'm absolutely not trying to downplay it. Something bad probably happened, but he was a minor and the charges were dropped. I'm fine with the Bears or any team taking him off the board because of that.