*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick would have started if he stayed with the Packers. Your an idiot if you don’t think Bates wouldn’t have started with the several teams that were interested in him.

Injuries happen. Even with a full strength O line the Lions would still be the bottom dwellers they always are.
Was Patrick ever penciled in as the starter for the Packers, or only saw significant playing time due to injuries? Again, he is a 4 mil a year guy, if he was that good, other teams would have been bidding higher.

You don't even have Bates yet, we will see how the Bills valued him come Tuesday.

And no, the Lions will leap frog the Bears this year, and possibly contend with the Vikings for second place. Packers will still run away with the division, barring AR missing significant playing time.

Every move Poles has made has signaled a tank/rebuild year. It's actually rather scary how much it resembles the Lions moves last year. WR's? yikes! Secondary? yikes! O-line? yikes!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Factually? From the Bears last season James Daniels, next season Lucas Patrick. Anything else would just be conjecture on anyone's part. Can I help you with any other facts that are quickly available with a mere Google search?

Your turn, name me one current Detroit Lions player that was alive the last time Detroit won a playoff game.
This season. So your saying a 4 mil a year guy is a sure fire starter? Why didn't the Pack just resign him for that?

Brokers, but yes, the Lions have a young roster, only one player over the age of 28.

Last edited:

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, all I know is that when I want advice on how to be successful.. There is literally no better resource than a Lions fan.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Was Patrick ever penciled in as the starter for the Packers, or only saw significant playing time due to injuries? Again, he is a 4 mil a year guy, if he was that good, other teams would have been bidding higher.

You don't even have Bates yet, we will see how the Bills valued him come Tuesday.

And no, the Lions will leap frog the Bears this year, and possibly contend with the Vikings for second place. Packers will still run away with the division, barring AR missing significant playing time.

Every move Poles has made has signaled a tank/rebuild year. It's actually rather scary how much it resembles the Lions moves last year. WR's? yikes! Secondary? yikes! O-line? yikes!
Patrick was a start for the Packers who is now a starter for the Bears. That already proves your original point wrong.

Lions are the Lions. Until they actually become relevant, they are the bottom dwellers.

Wow way to state the obvious will Poles! Yes he is cleaning up the mess that Pace left. Will the Bears be good? Nope. Can they still beat out the Lions for last place. Yep!

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Patrick would have started if he stayed with the Packers. Your an idiot if you don’t think Bates wouldn’t have started with the several teams that were interested in him.

Injuries happen. Even with a full strength O line the Lions would still be the bottom dwellers they always are.
Bates only started 4 games last year for the Bills, Feliciano ( their starting LG ) was out with a calf injury – if I remember correctly. I don't think they're bad players necessarily and I'm hopeful they'll contribute positively to the Bears & their future – but let's not act like we just signed Ryan Jensen & Terron Armstead.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Stop bringing up riley ridley. He has nothing to do with David Bell. Literally the only similarity is bad combines, which a ton of WR's have had and been succesful. Bell had more production in one year than Ridley had in all 3 combined.

Bell has more yards and catches in college than any of the top 10 WR's getting drafted. Yes, including olave, wilson, etc.

He's a classic example of college production vs. athleticism. Shocking, I know, but college scouts do value how well you actually play on the field, and not how fast you run in shorts.
To be fair you have to consider that Bell was the only weapon on Purdue's offense, while Wilson, Olave and other very talented WRs were in the same offense, thus splitting touches.

In no world is David Bell better than the tOSU WRs, college yardage totals notwithstanding.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick was a start for the Packers who is now a starter for the Bears. That already proves your original point wrong.

Lions are the Lions. Until they actually become relevant, they are the bottom dwellers.

Wow way to state the obvious will Poles! Yes he is cleaning up the mess that Pace left. Will the Bears be good? Nope. Can they still beat out the Lions for last place. Yep!
They won't.

Again, Patrick is a 4 mil a year rotational depth piece.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This season. So your saying a 4 mil a year guy is a sure fire starter? Why didn't the Pack just resign him for that?

Brokers, but yes, the Lions have a young roster, only one player over the age of 28.
So one broken down DL was alive the last time the Lions won a playoff game, that's fucking hilarious.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They won't.

Again, Patrick is a 4 mil a year rotational depth piece.
And Penne pasta Sewell had so many flags against him(4th most by all OL) last season, he is considering legay changing his name to
Penalty Ohwell

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So one broken down DL was alive the last time the Lions won a playoff game, that's fucking hilarious.
Deflection, nice try, has nothing to do with the current conversation.
Name me one current Bears player that was alive, the last time a Bears QB threw for 4000 yds?
Name me one top ten QB that came from Ohio State?

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Patrick started 28 of 33 games the last two seasons for the Packers. That’s more than a rotational depth piece. Swing and another miss
Really not sure why you feel like facts should be a part of this conversation.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Penne pasta Sewell had so many flags against him(4th most by all OL) last season, he is considering legay changing his name to
Penalty Ohwell
Fact check much?

Two more the Back Spasm Jenkins, who didn't even play 1/2 the year.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Name me one current Bears player that was alive, the last time a Bears QB threw for 4000 yds?
When they give out the Lombardi trophy for passing yards or college attended, I will give a shit about that, until then the one deflecting is the guy that is the fan of the worst franchise in all of professional sports.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts: