*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually agree the interior OL got better, it's contingent on Bates, but I like their chances. I would've hoped for them to find a way to re-sign Daniels and even in a larger perspective – use the talent already on your roster, but like I mentioned it's Pole's show. I haven't liked their approach to FA – I think they've missed out on some really good value ( Armstead ) and it doesn't make me feel good about next offseason either.

I think it's also indicative of how they view the upcoming season. It's a petri-dish year meaning they're going to observe what they have before committing any resources to the roster. I hope it works out, but we've been told this story before.
I'm actually okay passing on Armstead. He was too risky. I like the build, but I can understand how some are not sold yet. I'm going to give them all of FA and the draft before I start judging too harshly. I also think with the cap they may really spend NEXT year. So, I hope to see them take a step forward this year, expecting between 5-8 wins, but more importantly seeing Fields LOOK better. And then next year, hoping for 10 wins. But maybe I just haven't been burned enough to lack faith. I like Poles/Flus and want to see if they can execute what they are promising.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I believe at one point Eber said he would apply that same concept to the O and I also believe Poles mentioned wanting guys that are fast and athletic. But sure maybe Getsy has a different view.
How many teams are looking for guys who are not fast and athletic?

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
OK, but what happens if the BPA on Poles draft board happens to be a player other than a WR? What if those top three picks happen to be a CB, LT, safety. Would you reach for a WR anyway or be happy with a 5th rounder?

I hope they get at least one of the a Top 10-12 WRs at some point, but I'll trust their judgment for now..

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Regardless of the talent on this roster you should be able to see improvement. Obviously I want him surrounded by more talent but bad roster or not we should be able to see him getting better.
We should but i would think we'd have to give the kid some time since he'll be in a new system with new coaches and some new weapons that he'll have to learn to play with besides the RB's, Mooney and Kmet and it's still just his 2nd year as well.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We should but i would think we'd have to give the kid some time since he'll be in a new system with new coaches and some new weapons that he'll have to learn to play with besides the RB's, Mooney and Kmet and it's still just his 2nd year as well.
Don’t be one of those “it takes 5 years and a village” posters….

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There was notable improvement by year two.

We should expect the same.
He will be better just being away from Nagy's complete shit offense. So recognizing what is personal growth and what is just getting out of a really bad offensive scheme will be hard to completely know, in the end it really doesn't matter I guess.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
With teams like GB and KC now needy and in better position than us to pick and choose, I would love Watson but am resigned to the fact that he'll be gone. So I'd be cool with Pierce, Bell, Pickens, etc. or one of the others that fall to us at our pick.

Luckily I think Poles (given that it seems like his philosophy is to place a high value on cap space and draft capital, thinking more towards next year) will stay put and get the BPA WR when it's our turn.
watson was supposed to be a round 3 or 4 sleeper but post combine is now being mocked in the 1st round

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
It is others that can't move on. I brought up that fact I think Bell is limited and some posters decided bringing up instances I was wrong in the past and I reminded them so were they. You have a group of posters that when their feelings get hurt because you disagree with them, they run on with shit from the past as if they don't have shitty takes of their own.
everybody's been wrong on players and if they say they haven't they're lying. I always thought Mark Bradley would become a star and I was wrong and that's just the tip of the iceberg