*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I compiled a list a while back of the mocks from all the usual suspects (ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, etc.) on the 2017 Draft, and something like two-thirds of them had Mitch as the first QB off the board.

Not saying that’s an excuse for missing on the pick or that it wasn’t a bad pick. But those are the facts.

I’ll do a bit of a search when I get some time, but I’m not gonna go crazy looking for it. Can either believe it or not.

I understand mocks aren’t necessarily indicative of how front office personnel are evaluating a class. Just sayin’, though.

But I agree with the people saying that it makes no difference at this point. It’s a fruitless exercise in a tired topic.

Last edited:

Bears27

Liked Posts:

Then why would the Bears run a zone-block scheme where flexibility, speed, and footwork in OL are much more important than toughness or attitude?

Why would Poles be upset with arguably the most skilled OL in that scheme, playing for us ( Daniels ) – Here's a video if some of you forgot about his abilities.

Why would Poles/Cunningham want to disrupt the OL so much, when in a zone scheme – repetition and unified movement are much more important than skill?

It's because Poles is holding the dice now. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's the same old story with anyone new in power. I sincerely hope, it works out, but thankfully the few of us remember the same old shit and aren't so quick to anoint these fools – yet.

But if you want to crown them, then crown their asses.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then why would the Bears run a zone-block scheme where flexibility, speed, and footwork in OL are much more important than toughness or attitude?

Why would Poles be upset with arguably the most skilled OL in that scheme, playing for us ( Daniels ) – Here's a video if some of you forgot about his abilities.

Why would Poles/Cunningham want to disrupt the OL so much, when in a zone scheme – repetition and unified movement are much more important than skill?

It's because Poles is holding the dice now. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's the same old story with anyone new in power. I sincerely hope, it works out, but thankfully the few of us remember the same old shit and aren't so quick to anoint these fools – yet.

So what do you see this year being then? I have full confidence in these guys. I think at least 5 wins, if not 8. Let's see if they get Bates. And what they do with the draft. They have a plan, and some key players to work around, and I like where it's headed. Nagy/Pace really screwed this team up, so I expect to see some serious improvement this year, and then next year expect fireworks with a lot of room under the cap.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Clueless…

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

James Daniels is overrated, inconsistent, and GONE.

Deal with it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol, look how emo and bitter you are. This from a guy that swore up and down Trubisky was a stud and would have call out threads attacking people that disagreed. Same guy that tried to say Riley Ridley was a steal in the 4th round and was a 2nd round talent.

Let's have an alcoholic tell us that athleticism doesn't matter. I was wrong about Raegor and Mims. I was right about Claypool, Watson and soon to be Fields.
How do you feel about soon to be HOF Justin Fields?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Also, just to clarify, I could give two fucks less about bell.

Just makes me laugh that every year, same time of year, remy gets giant man boners for the same type of WR's and tells us that the guys who aren't fast will suck and aren't fits for this offense.

Legit been like 4 regimes hes been doing this same song and dance for.
giant relative to?

Bears27

Liked Posts:
So what do you see this year being then? I have full confidence in these guys. I think at least 5 wins, if not 8. Let's see if they get Bates. And what they do with the draft. They have a plan, and some key players to work around, and I like where it's headed. Nagy/Pace really screwed this team up, so I expect to see some serious improvement this year, and then next year expect fireworks with a lot of room under the cap.
I actually agree the interior OL got better, it's contingent on Bates, but I like their chances. I would've hoped for them to find a way to re-sign Daniels and even in a larger perspective – use the talent already on your roster, but like I mentioned it's Pole's show. I haven't liked their approach to FA – I think they've missed out on some really good value ( Armstead ) and it doesn't make me feel good about next offseason either.

I think it's also indicative of how they view the upcoming season. It's a petri-dish year meaning they're going to observe what they have before committing any resources to the roster. I hope it works out, but we've been told this story before.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Not really sure what the problem is here? Fields wasn’t drafted by Poles. Obviously Poles wants him to be the guy, but it makes perfect sense to think he’s bringing a new QB in IF Fields does bad this year.
Considering the shit show of talent on this roster, he better get a couple years.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Think your RAS scores are off. Those scores were still poor but not as bad as what you are posting. And this goes back to my point about having at least something you are good at.

Again some yellows but given he was a 1st rounder then yeah I would say he is an exception. Still better RAS than Bell. Couldn't find Johnson's

Agreed Brown was not great but he had some yellows. But this is likely why he dropped in the draft and still better than Bell.

Welker's short shuttle was elite and it showed up in the NFL. Still better than Bell's

Yes another legit exception but still better than Bell.

Yeah and this dude is a unicorn. There was no way I would have touched Landry but good on him for beating the odds.
Took it from an article on Cooper Kupp and RAS. Now they could be wrong, but that is what was written. Be it what I submitted or you did all those players were well below the norm.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
With teams like GB and KC now needy and in better position than us to pick and choose, I would love Watson but am resigned to the fact that he'll be gone. So I'd be cool with Pierce, Bell, Pickens, etc. or one of the others that fall to us at our pick.

Luckily I think Poles (given that it seems like his philosophy is to place a high value on cap space and draft capital, thinking more towards next year) will stay put and get the BPA WR when it's our turn.
OK, but what happens if the BPA on Poles draft board happens to be a player other than a WR? What if those top three picks happen to be a CB, LT, safety. Would you reach for a WR anyway or be happy with a 5th rounder?