*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

Brownie

Liked Posts:
the-wire-this-is-bullshit.gif

... like I said before: a lot of these takes MUST be click bait at this point. Or simply dudes who have no clue what it takes to develop a QB.

The question that also needs to be asked is "If NOT JF, than who?".. because you're better off making this work by any means necessary unless you've got a more talented option in mind. The flavor of the month mindset and lack of patience is one of the reasons we're constantly in this carousel (but obv, lower on the list than coaching incompetence and lack of proper talent eval.)..

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Pierce and Watson are my 2 favorite WR's that are within reach in this draft. Pierce can be the next Collinsworth, Watson a top 5 WR in a couple of years.
With teams like GB and KC now needy and in better position than us to pick and choose, I would love Watson but am resigned to the fact that he'll be gone. So I'd be cool with Pierce, Bell, Pickens, etc. or one of the others that fall to us at our pick.

Luckily I think Poles (given that it seems like his philosophy is to place a high value on cap space and draft capital, thinking more towards next year) will stay put and get the BPA WR when it's our turn.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You can gloat all you want. Just as I can gloat about being right about Watson over Trubisky, Claypool over Kmet, and us trading up to draft Fields. In the end though, I think being right about the most important position ie QB trumps your whining here.

Like at this point you are conceding the argument because you are now shifting to ad hominem attacks rather than debate the topic which is your typical MO. What makes it so odd is your NFL takes have been fucking terrible. You literally used to start call out threads because people were right about Trubisky so you are in no position to whine about bad NFL takes.
Ehhhhhhh, i'm pretty sure just about everyone but R.Pace had Watson over Trubisky sooooooo........................................

msadows

Liked Posts:

Adams was athleticism was much better than Bell's. Certainly not top half of NFL but he had an elite vertical and a few other decent scores.

Yea , let’s have an accountant tell us how much athleticism matters in the nfl

msadows

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter Reagor is not good either, going from 1 bad to a different bad doesn't make it better as a defense for yourself.

He also loved Mims and was throwing a fit when we passed on him twice.

I told him there is a good reason pretty much every team in the nfl passed on him 2-3 times. But all that matters to remy is speed

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ehhhhhhh, i'm pretty sure just about everyone but R.Pace had Watson over Trubisky sooooooo........................................

Legit everyone on this board had Watson over Mitch, me included.

Not sure why he keeps bringing up the fact that I was a big fan of a top 2 pick for this franchise. Isn’t that the point of being a fan of a team?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea , let’s have an accountant tell us how much athleticism matters in the nfl
He also loved Mims and was throwing a fit when we passed on him twice.

I told him there is a good reason pretty much every team in the nfl passed on him 2-3 times. But all that matters to remy is speed

Just a reminder, this guy wouldn’t touch tee Higgins In the second round.

He’s clueless as far as the wideout position goes. Feel free to look up his post history on it.

Lol, look how emo and bitter you are. This from a guy that swore up and down Trubisky was a stud and would have call out threads attacking people that disagreed. Same guy that tried to say Riley Ridley was a steal in the 4th round and was a 2nd round talent.

Let's have an alcoholic tell us that athleticism doesn't matter. I was wrong about Raegor and Mims. I was right about Claypool, Watson and soon to be Fields.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Bullshit. You defended the Trubisky pick and claimed he was the consensus No 1 QB that year.

You will note that even back then people got on me for not being a Trubisky fan.

#calledit

Legit everyone on this board had Watson over Mitch, me included.

Not sure why he keeps bringing up the fact that I was a big fan of a top 2 pick for this franchise. Isn’t that the point of being a fan of a team?

More lies. I spent a lot of time debating with Trubisky nuthuggers that Watson was better. Yall like to rewrite history.

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Not really sure what the problem is here? Fields wasn’t drafted by Poles. Obviously Poles wants him to be the guy, but it makes perfect sense to think he’s bringing a new QB in IF Fields does bad this year.

I guess, but thinking about it rn kinda seems defeatist. This is not the proper mindset to have when bringing a young QB along. Especially when that QB may have more physical talent and intangibles than the franchise has ever had at the position.

I know we've almost always had our hearts broken ... but this is going to take, and deserves. the right amount of patience.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bullshit. You defended the Trubisky pick and claimed he was the consensus No 1 QB that year.

You will note that even back then people got on me for not being a Trubisky fan.

#calledit

More lies. I spent a lot of time debating with Trubisky nuthuggers that Watson was better. Yall like to rewrite history.
I'm not going to go through that whole thread but would love for you to since you already went and brought it back and show me where i said he should of been picked over Watson and Mahomes please?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess, but thinking about it rn kinda seems defeatist. This is not the proper mindset to have when bringing a young QB along. Especially when that QB may have more physical talent and intangibles than the franchise has ever had at the position.

I know we've almost always had our hearts broken ... but this is going to take, and deserves. the right amount of patience.
Just being realistic. ?‍♂️

Has nothing to do with being defeatist. I think he’s the guy. But if he’s not Poles ain’t waiting around 3-4 years.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to go through that whole thread but would love for you to since you already went and brought it back and show me where i said he should of been picked over Watson and Mahomes please?

I never said this either.

He is however on record multiple times liking terrible nfl wideout prospects

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just being realistic. ?‍♂️

Has nothing to do with being defeatist. I think he’s the guy. But if he’s not Poles ain’t waiting around 3-4 years.

If he’s not the guy poles won’t be here in 3-4 years.

He’s more talented than any quarterback has been in this franchise. Obviously he can fail, any qb could. Trevor Lawrence looked equally awful.

It’s why I’m growing inpatient about poles surrounding him with talent. Give this guy the best chance to succeed