*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
No one is saying he's going to be great. Thats why he's likely a late day 2/early day 3 pick.

He can still be a very solid nfl starter, even while being slow as fuck. Can't have game breakers at every position. This ain't madden.
Well sure but the Bears don’t have a 4th and using an early 3rd is an absolute waste. In the 5th round? Sure fine.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just a reminder.

Is 2 years enough time to gloat about this? Because you're doing the same shit again. BTW guys, those WR's he liked were Reagor, Mims, and Shenault(In that order).

This is the guy that was happy the bengals took higgins in the early 2nd so we wouldn't have a shot at him.

Simply put, there are things that make players good at sports that don't involve athleticism. This is true in football as much as any sport.

You can gloat all you want. Just as I can gloat about being right about Watson over Trubisky, Claypool over Kmet, and us trading up to draft Fields. In the end though, I think being right about the most important position ie QB trumps your whining here.

Like at this point you are conceding the argument because you are now shifting to ad hominem attacks rather than debate the topic which is your typical MO. What makes it so odd is your NFL takes have been fucking terrible. You literally used to start call out threads because people were right about Trubisky so you are in no position to whine about bad NFL takes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are some huge hits at the top of the list for David Bell. He's honestly like a carbon copy of Davante Adams in terms of profile but broke out earlier and rated out as a little less athletic. Bell's adjusted speed score puts him in the 21st percentile; Adams' was 44th-percentile.

Adams was athleticism was much better than Bell's. Certainly not top half of NFL but he had an elite vertical and a few other decent scores.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Well yes if we want to pick Bell up as an UDFA, I can get behind that.
To me, they need to draft CB and OT besides obviously WR. If a 1st round talent at OT and CB fall and they use both their 2nd on them - and depending on who is still available in the 3rd, I can see them going Bell. Depends how big of a WR domino affect there is. There are easily 8 or 9 WR better than Bell.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To me, they need to draft CB and OT besides obviously WR. If a 1st round talent at OT and CB fall and they use both their 2nd on them - and depending on who is still available in the 3rd, I can see them going Bell. Depends how big of a WR domino affect there is. There are easily 8 or 9 WR better than Bell.

Agreed hence why I said if Bell is the last WR on my top WR list I would consider taking him. No chance I take him in the 2nd but maybe the 3rd but of the list below, I would have him 13th ahead of of Robinson who I would drop to 14th.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Agreed hence why I said if Bell is the last WR on my top WR list I would consider taking him. No chance I take him in the 2nd but maybe the 3rd but of the list below, I would have him 13th ahead of of Robinson who I would drop to 14th. Pierce and Moore I would

Surprised they have Watson so low on that list.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He is probably saying one of the worst for a player being drafted in possibly the 2nd round. Not like literally one of the worst. You could easily find UDFA projected players with scores near zero.
No he was using 2500 RAS scores of all the WRs are the combine all time.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree but then why not offer $3.8m in the 1st place. If too big an offer then came, at least they'd get a 2nd round comp pic. Right now, they get squat.
I agree, Bills didn't do a good job on the structure, could have had a 2nd. Must have thought there would be a weak market for him.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Kinda sorta. In 2020, you've got Ruggs and Reagor busting, Aiyuk not living up to 1st round billing. I'd rather have Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman over those guys, or Claypool taken at #49. In 2019 you almost wish you didn't have a first rounder to spend on a wide receiver with Brown/Harry not being nearly as good as Samuel and Brown picked after them in the second. In 2017 I'll take all the second rounders over John Ross while the best of the bunch was found in the second (Kupp).

In other words, let's assume for a second that 8 wide receivers are taken before us (Wilson, Williams, London, Olave, Burks, Dotson, Pickens and Watson), leaving us perhaps with no choice but to take Metchie or miss out entirely on a wide receiver we feel can make an impact from the jump.... and Metchie turns out to be awesome while Pickens is meh and Watson busts. Did we miss out? You can find examples of this in every single draft. How did any GM think Andy Isabella or Parris Campbell was a better pick than D.K. Metcalf?
I saw the same thing in looking at the lists, it was a little surprising but gives me comfort with where we sit at # 39.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The Giants willing to punt one of their 1st rounders this year for a next year 1st rounder changes the calculus, but since Poles has said that this is all about Fields and building around him, and seeing how on defense we got Quinn, Johnson and Smith and not really much else going for us, then, sorry to all the stammering "bu-bu-bu-bu-but you can't trade my defense, my PRECIOUSSSS defense for that!" Golum basement dwellers, but fuck yeah, if I can get into the top 10 of the first round to a team like the Texans, who needs help everywhere, then damn right I am going to give them a call and say "Hey, that #3 overall pick. What if I offered you Quinn, Smith, Montgomery, Foles, Whitehair, and Borom for that pick, with Smith being your lynch pin."

I fucking do it. If they want Jaylon Johnson too, I fucking do it. And I respect the crazy talent of Johnson and Smith. But we are in a rebuild. The defense even with them is going to be shit next year.

So seriously - FUCK IT.

"But yer stoopid! No way the Texans take that!"

Really? No way the Texans, in exchange for the potential of a 1st round pick, would instead prefer a super young, super talented linebacker they can build around, a top defensive end in the league last year, 2 offensive line pieces including a guy who can play center or guard and another guy who held his own as a tackle but for some reason doesn't fit what the Bears GM wants, a back up veteran QB who was once a superbowl MVP to help back up and tutor your QB you are grooming, and can potentially be a replacement in the short term if he's a bust, AND a running back who has a penchant for aggressively breaking tackles as a sweetener? And if that's still not enough, a young, ascending cornerback who shuts down his side of the field? Did I mention that the head coach of the Texans is Lovie Smith, who loved all these player types in the past?

They may not take it. But I fucking do it. And I enjoy all the fucking dick-ripping that comes with it.

And if the Texans do take that deal, I then take that 3rd round pick, and sell the fuck out of it and take back the highest, most valuable yield of picks I can find.

And even then, I may take the Giants up on their offer and get one of their picks too for a 2023 first rounder.

And from there, I fucking go HAM on the draft, building around fields, solidifying that side of the ball, and taking some of the latter-round picks and using those to get high upside guys on defense to fill out the back end, and see if we can't catch lightning in a bottle.

Keep in mind - this exact situation the Bears find themselves in is the ONLY time I would ever recommend this approach.

But with this many holes and roster spots open, and needing to know if you got your guy as QB, swing for the fucking fences and give yourself as many shots as possible in this draft to get players for the offensive side of the ball.

And then next year, if Fields shows he is the guy and the offense shows promise, you can return to business as usual.
I usually agree with your posts and ideas but I wouldn't trade all that you suggest above. Too many players creating even more holes. I think we are closer to being relevant than most and no one hits on all their draft picks.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Still too ridiculously early to say imo. Some of these takes are straight click bait, these fools know how QB starved a fanbase we are, and/or don't know what proper QB development looks like.

I love how there are mad takes like this, yet legions of other teams/fanbases that would love to get JF from us. You would almost think they aren't operating in our best interests :unsure: :unsure:

Why is everyone so down on Borom? He struggled the last few games but had some bright spots too

I think it may be a scheme-match thing at this point. But I agree: why not at least see how he fits first given an offseason or body and technique work?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still too ridiculously early to say imo. Some of these takes are straight click bait, these fools know how QB starved a fanbase we are, and/or don't know what proper QB development looks like.

I love how there are mad takes like this, yet legions of other teams/fanbases that would love to get JF from us. You would almost think they aren't operating in our best interests :unsure: :unsure:

I think it may be a scheme-match thing at this point. But I agree: why not at least see how he fits first given an offseason or body and technique work?

Who are the legions of teams that wish that they could get JF from the Bears?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Well, to be fair, it would have been very difficult for Nagy to make everything look like the run game, simply because he didn’t put in a run game…

I mean how many HCs have had their play-calling responsibilities taken away TWICE for failing to run the ball? Eberflus will not make that mistake.
The bolded is totally insane...was at the time and will go down in hip-hop history as such smh..

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I really think this is going to be the most underrated signing going into the season.
I agree, dude looks talented AND tough. Not afraid to do the dirty work, has the power and drive to stay on his feet and actually gets YAC.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every team looks at fit when they draft. To pretend otherwise is ludicrous. Even if you ignore Fields, Eberflus whole philosophy is built on getting guys who are fast and athletic and having them out-effort every else. Bell is not fast and not athletic. He just doesn't fit sorry.

Like I am sorry to all the Bell fans. The dude had one of the worst RAS scores in 35 years. I recall having a similar argument with posters over the Great Riley Ridley. They talked up his route running and his hands and I noted that his RAS score sucked donkey balls. There are always exceptions but he has an uphill battle to be a productive player in the NFL because he is one of the least athletically gifted WRs in modern NFL history. I will take my chances on an Alec Pierce or Calvin Austin III before I do Bell.

Another team may find a useful player and good for them but he simply does not fit what Poles or Eberflus have stated they want in a prospect. It is as simple as that.
This looks oddly familiar to Tez Tabor's Ras scores.......