My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They won't.

Again, Patrick is a 4 mil a year rotational depth piece.
Pretty much but on this poverty oline people act like we got a perennial pro bowler. Bates is only a 4 game starter even mustipher looked good his first year in late year starts that fooled most of us into thinking he was adequate. I’m just hoping whatever they offered bates is around the same thing patrick got.

Poles gets a fat D for his oline work

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty much but on this poverty oline people act like we got a perennial pro bowler. Bates is only a 4 game starter even mustipher looked good his first year in late year starts that fooled most of us into thinking he was adequate. I’m just hoping whatever they offered bates is around the same thing patrick got.

Poles gets a fat D for his oline work

But.......they........will.........be........better...........

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Try harder. This is too funny.
I thought we were talking about Penalty Sewell or next seasons offensive line, or how starting for 2 seasons for another team doesn't count because you only make $4M next season, or 4000 yard passers, or NFL QB's college attended. You know, all the things that help you forget that the Lions are the worst professional sports franchise in all of North American sports history.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought we were talking about Penalty Sewell or next seasons offensive line, or how starting for 2 seasons for another team doesn't count because you only make $4M next season, or 4000 yard passers, or NFL QB's college attended. Can we stay on on topic, whatever that may be?

yeah, we can, Your O-line sucked last year......

it will suck again this year.

How to fix the worst O-line in the league, by R. Poles.

Sign a rotational 2nd tier utility player for 4 mil a year
Sign an offer sheet to a OG that started 4 games last year, and pray.

Stayed tuned for the next installment, How to get your 2nd year QB killed, by R. Poles.

By week 5, when Fields is out the year due to fractured ribs, enjoy Trevor.
Not sure how Fields is supposed to develop sitting on the sidelines on IR.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
since when is a 4 mil a year O-lineman anything more than a second level signing?
So every starting lineman in the NFL is making big bucks? They are all signed to huge contracts? The lions have never signed an OL to a contact like Patrick’s to have him be the starter? Swing and another miss!!!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Was Patrick ever penciled in as the starter for the Packers, or only saw significant playing time due to injuries? Again, he is a 4 mil a year guy, if he was that good, other teams would have been bidding higher.

You don't even have Bates yet, we will see how the Bills valued him come Tuesday.

And no, the Lions will leap frog the Bears this year, and possibly contend with the Vikings for second place. Packers will still run away with the division, barring AR missing significant playing time.

Every move Poles has made has signaled a tank/rebuild year. It's actually rather scary how much it resembles the Lions moves last year. WR's? yikes! Secondary? yikes! O-line? yikes!
1 Yes Patrick was penciled in as the Packers starting RG in 2020 starting 15 games, sat out week 16. Started both playoff games that season. Was penciled in again last season, was injured in the preseason, got his job back, then was moved to C when Myers was injured, and stayed there until the end of the season, starting 13 regular season games. Was moved back to RG for the playoffs.

2 Bates TBD, he was the Bills starting LG for the last six games playoffs included and did quite well facing some of the best DT's in the league, giving up 0 sacks I believe. It is not how the Bills value him, it is if they can fit him under the cap. If not Bates will be starting for the Bears.

3 Aw.........No Lions will be the Lions until proven otherwise. Last place four years in a row.

4 Come back when the final 53 man roster is set, until then there is nothing to debate.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So every starting lineman in the NFL is making big bucks? They are all signed to huge contracts? The lions have never signed an OL to a contact like Patrick’s to have him be the starter? Swing and another miss!!!
Wait, so your using what the Lions have done in the past, to justify this?

Brilliant!!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How to fix the worst O-line in the league, by R. Poles.
I prefer non fiction historic novels like:
How to not play for a league championship and win only 2 playoff games in 65 years by WC Ford, the Detroit Lions front office, coaching staff, et al. with special thanks to Matt Millen.

It was over a half century in the making and isn't yet complete but a great work in progress.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 Yes Patrick was penciled in as the Packers starting RG in 2020 starting 15 games, sat out week 16. Started both playoff games that season. Was penciled in again last season, was injured in the preseason, got his job back, then was moved to C when Myers was injured, and stayed there until the end of the season, starting 13 regular season games. Was moved back to RG for the playoffs.

2 Bates TBD, he was the Bills starting LG for the last six games playoffs included and did quite well facing some of the best DT's in the league. It is not how the Bills value him, it is if they can fit him under the cap. If not Bates will be starting for the Bears.

3 Aw.........No Lions will be the Lions until proven otherwise. Last place four years in a row.

4 Come back when the final 53 man roster is set, until then there is nothing to debate.
After the draft it will be even more loop sided.
Lions tanked last year.
Bears are tanking this year.

Deal with it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I prefer non fiction historic novels like:
How to not play for a league championship and win only 2 playoff games in 65 years by WC Ford, the Detroit Lions front office, coaching stall, et al.
ahhh, forced to deflect again.

The current Lions staff can only be held as accountable as R.Poles can be held accountable for R. Pace.
Again, when was the last good QB taken from OSU?
Ergo, Fields is going to suck, and your 2021 draft class is pure garbage.
Same logic.

Fail again.