*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thoughts on the Quinn issue.

1. I would peg him as a 2nd round or early third round value at minimum. He has 5 seasons of 10 sacks or more and 2 seasons of 18 sacks or more. So last year is not outlier production @nc0gnet0.

2. He is 32 but has missed 5 games in 5 years and is in phenomenol shape so dont think age or injuries is much of a factor. He is not Mack who has been banged up the last few years.

3. His cap hits for a team that trades for him are 12.9, 13.8 and 13 all non-guaranteed which is more than reasonable for 10 sack a year pass rusher.

4. There is no comparison to Miller as Rams were going for it all and he cost them like 700k. I doubt Bears taking on salary so Miller was both good and dirt cheap. Quinn is good but will cost a decent amount albeit still under his value.

5. The idea that we are in a rebuild so dump him has some merit but is being exaggerated. This could easily be a one year rebuild considering in 2023 we will have 100+ million to spend and all our high draft picks and Fields will be in his 3rd year. So it is entirely possible that Quinn will still be good when we compete as early as 2023. The only way this is not a quick rebuild is if Fields sucks. Having saif that we have Gipson anf Muhammed and should be looking to add another good young pass rusher so happy to move him but the price has to be right.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I agree as well. Its a weird draft. We often hear about drafts that are either top-heavy or just bad, but this one is "middle-heavy".

There's a lot of positions where there isn't a real drop off between rounds 1 and 2, but that it seems like the real value is in rounds 3 through the top half of round 5. Then there is a HUGE drop off in quality. A team could trade everything to live in the middle of this draft and come out of it in good shape - it really is a weird one in terms of how drafts go.
Yeah, "middle heavy" is a good way to describe it. Doing mock drafts, I'm always like:

Pick 39- oh this guy is still there? Yes please!
Pick 48- damn, I like this dude, but would be better at like pick 60
Pick 71- ooh, this is nice value here
Pick 148/150- Wow, all those guys went since 71? Guess I'll pick somebody really fast.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Er... You know Quinn isn't going to be on the team when the Bears do make that Superbowl run and that he likely will fall off in the next 2-3 years, right?
So you are say Quinn, the second leading sacker in the NFL, being paid in the lower 20's for his position isn't worth a second rnd pick to a contender because his play will likely drop off in 2025?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I agree as well. Its a weird draft. We often hear about drafts that are either top-heavy or just bad, but this one is "middle-heavy".
Yeah, "middle heavy" is a good way to describe it. Doing mock drafts, I'm always like:
Funny, rumors on here is that is also an excellent way to describe MJY.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a plan to me. Too bad there's only one L.A. Rams or else we could maybe get a 2nd and 3rd like Denver got for Miller. :LOL:
Have you seen some of the trades that KC has made over the years? Hell in that division at the trade deadline............just saying.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outlier year? Do you even know what that means? Last season wasn't even his highest sack total in a single season, 5 of his 11 seasons have been double digit sacks. The outlier year was his horrible 2020 season. He is a very good, hell, nearly identical comp to Von Miller in production and age, who garnered a 2nd and 3rd rd pick. Finding a team ready to win it all desperate enough to make that trade may be difficult, but if you think Quinn is only worth a late third the stupid one is the mouth breathing fuck in the tattered smelly Lions Stafford jersey that yells at you in the mirror each morning.
Von Miller Trade isn't even remotely comparable you douche, unless the Bears want to eat all of Quinn's salary.
Try harder.

The fact that he is still on the team is proof no team has offered a second rounder for him. You just got rid of Mack for a second and a 6th, next you will tell me Quinn is better than Mack?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Have you seen some of the trades that KC has made over the years? Hell in that division at the trade deadline............just saying.
Adding on top of that, the NFL is often a copycat league. So, there is a reasonable chance that the Bears find themselves in position during the season to get good value for Quinn to a team looking to make a deep playoff run.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Adding on top of that, the NFL is often a copycat league. So, there is a reasonable chance that the Bears find themselves in position during the season to get good value for Quinn to a team looking to make a deep playoff run.
Yep..........Also if the Bears were to trade Quinn at the trade deadline, I would rather have that draft pick in 2023 when the Bears can really get this team moving in the right direction.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Von Miller Trade isn't even remotely comparable you douche, unless the Bears want to eat all of Quinn's salary.
Try harder.

The fact that he is still on the team is proof no team has offered a second rounder for him. You just got rid of Mack for a second and a 6th, next you will tell me Quinn is better than Mack?

Quinn is healthier, had a better year and is 14m a year or so cheaper in 2023 and 2024. Chargers will have to cut or rework Mack's contract after this year unless he can justify giving him 27.5m a year in 2023 and 2024.

By contrast, Quinn's contract is easily worth it if he produces between 8-12 sacks or so.

So yes Quinn at 13m a year for 10 sacks is better tham Mack at 27m a year for 10 sacks.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep..........Also if the Bears were to trade Quinn at the trade deadline, I would rather have that draft pick in 2023 when the Bears can really get this team moving in the right direction.

Unless Quinn falls off or has a less than stellar year. Always sell high.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Quinn is healthier, had a better year and is 14m a year or so cheaper in 2023 and 2024. Chargers will have to cut or rework Mack's contract after this year unless he can justify giving him 27.5m a year in 2023 and 2024.

By contrast, Quinn's contract is easily worth it if he produces between 8-12 sacks or so.

So yes Quinn at 13m a year for 10 sacks is better tham Mack at 27m a year for 10 sacks.
Thanks, I am tired of trying to speak common sense to nc0brains0.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Khali Mack represents a 8.5 mil cap hit to the Chargers this year, and his contract would be re-negotiated next year, or they could release him with a 9 mil cap hit (4.5 post June) so, again, fail.

Its 8.5 mil for a 31 year old Mack
vs 12.8 mil for a 32 year old Quinn

Stop being obtuse.

The simple fact is, Robert Quinn will not fetch as much in a trade as Mack did.

And I can't help but notice you backed way the fuck off your original Von Miller comparison.

The end

Last edited: