*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Damn that 1st round was wild. For the 2nd round..............Not much left for the OL, but Watson, Moore, Pickens left at WR. Whole lot of defensive talent left, 3T, CB, and safety.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Damn that 1st round was wild. For the 2nd round..............Not much left for the OL, but Watson, Moore, Pickens left at WR. Whole lot of defensive talent left, 3T, CB, and safety.
Right? Leal and Winfrey!

We expected to see the OL go. We’ll be okay, but, I gotta admit, watching Cole Strange go in the first was surreal.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Canth

Liked Posts:
I was thinking about this and holding onto Quinn without Mack and a young unproven late pick now on the other side…who gets doubled?

The decision to trade Mack really leaves us only one smart choice…eject before his value plummets to nothing.

Quinn had 13 sacks from week 8 onwards last year after Mack was done for the season (Mack's last game was week 7).

He can produce just fine with or without Mack.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Still plenty left on the OL, but the better talent is at the other positions. Assuming that's still the case when bears pick, OL might wait until round 3

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I told my wife the Patriots needed a dynamic playmaking WR, once the top 6 WR's were gone by 18 belichick bailed out and added picks...Patriots fans are ready to jump off the ledge at this point but I told THE wife it's entirely possible a couple of the top 6 will flame out....as remy pointed out Burks has disturbing 3 cone time etc....it will be very interesting for me to watch the careers of these 6, what are the odds that all 6 of them become stars?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know everyone here likes to shit on the Lions, but coming out of the first round with Hutchinson and Jameson Williams is pretty awesome for them.

2. Detroit Lions: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan

• Grade: A
Hutchinson doesn’t have to move far from Ann Arbor, going back home to the Detroit metro area. The Lions can be thrilled about the ferocious Wolverine slipping to be a cornerstone pass rusher for their 4-3 under Aaron Glenn, for which he’s an ideal fit. He is tough and relentless and straight-up productive. Hutchinson can remain dominant in the NFL and also is an asset against the run. He is the best player in this draft class.

12. Detroit Lions (from Vikings): Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

• Grade: B+
The Lions made an interdivision trade to make sure they got in on the run for the three best wide receivers in the draft from consecutive picks. Given the position was so deep, they get knocked a little for giving up a considerable haul of picks to the rival Vikings and also not thinking about the first crack at quarterback. But when breaking down the player, the Lions could afford to be patient with Williams, a flat-out big playmaker, while he recovers from his knee injury. He’s a terrific skill complement for Amon-Ra St. Brown, D’Andre Swift and T..J. Hockenson. Now they need a QB upgrade behind a top line to get the ball to Williams downfield.

Rather than sit on their hands, Lions had to the capital to make the move, and did it, snagging what very well could be the best WR in this class. They have time to let him recover, with DJ Chark on a one year contract, and could see Williams be ready by the season opener, and if not, it's really not a concern. Williams tilts the field unlike any other wide receiver prospect in the class. His aforementioned speed affects everything offensively and how opposing defenses must account for him at all times.