*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love the morons that dislike posts like this when all you’re doing is just posting a tweet.

As for actually trading Quan the only reason that makes sense is if they’ve tried to sign him and he wants some ungodly number like 25 a year. Then while I would hate it…. It would at least make sense. Get something before losing him completely.

I think this is just Hub being an idiot though. Nothing to see here.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Itd be sad to see him go, but it could be the correct move depending on the pick(s)/deal
I don't see the upside for the Bears. He's still on his first contract, they can afford to re-sign him and they have to try to replace him with a pick if they trade him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Let’s say they traded roquan for a first. Who would you have to land for it to be worth it? For me lt or Davis. I’m not trading roquan for a future number two or three wr. I wouldn’t trade him for a db either. Personally I would just extend him

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love the morons that dislike posts like this when all you’re doing is just posting a tweet.

As for actually trading Quan the only reason that makes sense is if they’ve tried to sign him and he wants some ungodly number like 25 a year. Then while I would hate it…. It would at least make sense. Get something before losing him completely.

I think this is just Hub being an idiot though. Nothing to see here.

exact reason he said "1 slight chance" meaning im just guessing and gonna say this just in case

but he'll be wrong

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
dave

@runbackdave
Darnell Mooney was projected to go in the 7th round in the 2020 Draft. The expectations for Mooney ranged from average backup to a special teamer. He ended up going in round 5 to the Bears. He finished 2021 with 81 receptions, 1,055 yards, and 5 total TD. Absolute steal.
FRcJqF6WYAEmhL-?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too bad those lines on the field always seemed to trip him up.
Low knees but also was always near the top of 20+ yard runs + catches. Still a big play league.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't see the upside for the Bears. He's still on his first contract, they can afford to re-sign him and they have to try to replace him with a pick if they trade him.
They don’t have to replace him with a draft pick THIS year, though. They can replace him with some FA vet, that yes will be a major downgrade. But the bears aren’t winning anything this year anyways.

And then there’s a potential contract dispute that could be out there.

Really it comes down to Poles and Fields. If Poles thinks Fields is the guy, then he needs to find ways to get him weapons and protection. If that means sacrificing Quan, it’s at least something to consider is all I’m saying. The return is what would determine it for me. I’d ask for a 1st and some later round picks though, not just a first. I believe the premise is a team thinking Quan is their missing piece…so they gotta pay up for that missing piece

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They don’t have to replace him with a draft pick THIS year, though. They can replace him with some FA vet, that yes will be a major downgrade. But the bears aren’t winning anything this year anyways.

And then there’s a potential contract dispute that could be out there.

Really it comes down to Poles and Fields. If Poles thinks Fields is the guy, then he needs to find ways to get him weapons and protection. If that means sacrificing Quan, it’s at least something to consider is all I’m saying. The return is what would determine it for me. I’d ask for a 1st and some later round picks though, not just a first. I believe the premise is a team thinking Quan is their missing piece…so they gotta pay up for that missing piece
You’re assuming the target is an offensive player and not defense. There are several dt eberflus prob wants. When lovie was here the dline was always priority one.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You’re assuming the target is an offensive player and not defense. There are several dt eberflus prob wants. When lovie was here the dline was always priority one.
Not really. I’m assuming Poles needs to find ways to get fields more weapons and protection. Those objectives can be done with their 2nd round picks. I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see them use a potential 1st rounder on a DT…Davis would be the guy obviously to target there

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The only people "safe" in my eyes are Mooney and Fields. To me, EVERYONE else is expendable.

This is a total rebuild, and as much as the meatballs are going to piss and moan, hate it, bitch, rip their dicks off etc...

If the Bears decide they are going to sell off all their remaining valuable defensive pieces to jump into round 1 somehow and pick up a difference-maker on offense (LT or WR), this is the time and the year to do it, and start building around the offense, and then once you have that solidified (probably not until after the 2023 draft), then start really focusing on the defense (unless a really good 3T lands in your lap in these next 2 drafts).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not really. I’m assuming Poles needs to find ways to get fields more weapons and protection. Those objectives can be done with their 2nd round picks. I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see them use a potential 1st rounder on a DT…Davis would be the guy obviously to target there
I think I would trade him for Davis. Not sure he is the typical eberflus dt I just think dude is a beast

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So for all the shit we hear (rightfully so) about Bears QBs and the franchise's failure to produce a 4,000 yard passing season, neither the Jets nor the Eagles have 4,040 yards passing in a single season?

Joe Namath - the single most overrated athlete in my lifetime - failed to reach 4,010? I know it was far different for passing and a 14 game season, but still.