Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
“What others are saying”

MJY translation: “the talking heads that agree with my personal take”
Got it backwards dumbass.

I don't have a horse in this race. I'm letting them inform my perspective thus far, since these are the people who are actually doing the drafting.

You being ass hurt over that is hilarious and sad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Simply placing value of each based solely on sack totals is stupid.

You know it and I know it. So stop already. That is why Mack still had a higher PFF grade last year than Quin, even in a limited capacity.

Mack has shit all over Quin every dam year.

View attachment 19441

Again, stop being obtuse. It is quite obvious to anybody but a Bears fan (currently) who the better player is.
Again, Quin is not worth what Mack was in a trade, period.

* edit, I could do the same with Von Miller, to show he is better than Quinn as well.

You seem confused. There is no real evidence that teams pay pass rushers for their run stopping so I am not going to pay Mack 10 million more than Quinn because he is a better run defender than Quinn.

You pay pass rushers primarily for their pass rush. So yes Mack is a better all around player. That is just not worth the difference in their salaries to me. You are free to think otherwise.

If Mack had Quinn's contract then I would have wanted a 1st and more for him so the issue here is you are assuming I am saying they are the same when in fact I am saying Mack is better but his contract drops him to the value of Quinn ie Mack is a 1st round value to me performance wise and Quinn a 2nd but Mack's contract shaves off a round from his compensation in a trade.

Mack value based on history of performance = 1st round

Quinn value based on history of performance = 2nd round.

Mack final trade value after you adjust for his massive contract = 2nd round.

Quinn final trade value after you adjust for his reasonable contract = 2nd round.

Get it yet? One guys value dropped because of the contract size.

Last edited: