*OFFICIAL* Offseason Rumors, Signings, and Shenanigans

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Again, I hate to agree with you, but I agree with you here.

People are overvaluing what Quinn would get in a trade. I originally said low 3rd to 4th. Rethinking this and seeing what others have gone for, I am now thinking that he'd go for a 4th or a 5th. The best possible way to move him for a higher pick, would be to bundle him with other vets, like Montgomery, Whitehair, Foles, and yes, even Roquan. And then if you do find a taker for that package, the player you take in the draft better be a starter....
I agree, Quinn does one thing very well and that's rushing the passer. Mack and Miller are much more well rounded players. Quinn will not net you a second, and late 3rd or 4th is the best you're going to get

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sacks play a big role in how OLBs are viewed. Beside his sack total, he has great moves and has been solid against the run the last couple seasons. So a team contending for the SB would give up a good draft pick for him.

I am a Bears fan so that’s why I’m here. And if I bo longer posted here and people didn’t notice, I would be 100% ok with that. This is a messaged board…….

Again, the real question is why are you here?
Then why hasn't anybody given up a "*good draft pick" for him?

* my god, what the fuck does that even mean?

I never said he was an untradeable commodity, I said he is not worth as much as Mack.

I am here to talk football. It was a discussion about two different Bears players, and who had more value. Saying Mack > Quinn is has nothing to do with being a fan of any team. If you got a problem with that, stick it up your ass.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, Quinn does one thing very well and that's rushing the passer. Mack and Miller are much more well rounded players. Quinn will not net you a second, and late 3rd or 4th is the best you're going to get

Hey look!

Somebody gets it!!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Every very good player???? Kevin Green would disagree. The most sacks after 30 in NFL history.

Hence the term "usually". Stop pretending Kevin Green and people like Tom Brady are the norm - they aren't; they're unicorns in the NFL.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sounds like this 30 year old vet needs to retire if this is a "crazy" draft. Its a deep draft at a few spots, thats about it. I feel like the talent in the top half of the first is lacking compared to previous years.

I mean, not really - I get what he's saying. Drafts typically are either top heavy, or have certain positions that are deep.

What is so unique about this year is that there is a tiny bit of real top end talent at the top, and then the "next tier" of talent is deep enough that it potentially goes into the early 4th round....and then the talent just DROPS and you are looking at 6th-7th round talent by mid fourth round.

Its a very "middle-heavy" draft, and honestly the first I can remember. That's what's so crazy about it...

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I mean, not really - I get what he's saying. Drafts typically are either top heavy, or have certain positions that are deep.

What is so unique about this year is that there is a tiny bit of real top end talent at the top, and then the "next tier" of talent is deep enough that it potentially goes into the early 4th round....and then the talent just DROPS and you are looking at 6th-7th round talent by mid fourth round.

Its a very "middle-heavy" draft, and honestly the first I can remember. That's what's so crazy about it...
LOL at this narrative that bottom of the draft (5th round and later) lacks talent. How is that different from any other draft. The majority (some are injury flyers) of late round picks are so because they lack the talent in the first place...

It's hilarious that posters are claiming to know that this draft's 6th and 7th rounders are somehow worse than other draft's 6th and 7th rounders. Like anybody knows anything about players going in those rounds.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL at this narrative that bottom of the draft (5th round and later) lacks talent. How is that different from any other draft. The majority (some are injury flyers) of late round picks are so because they lack the talent in the first place...

It's hilarious that posters are claiming to know that this draft's 6th and 7th rounders are somehow worse than other draft's 6th and 7th rounders. Like anybody knows anything about players going in those rounds.

You seem caught up in your own narratives to actually listen to what others are saying.

What we are saying is that you have 6-7th round talent starting towards the middle-end of ROUND FOUR. THAT is not normal.

Now, what do we know? No more than YOU know, or really ANYONE knows. Every draft is a crapshoot, and while we all act like experts every year, we don't REALLY know the impact of a draft until 3+ years later.

But all I am saying, is the things NFL SCOUTS have been saying in the trades. I am echoing THEIR opinions, rather than espousing my own.

So I suggest if you want to make a high and mighty moral diatribe, go take it up with THEM.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You seem caught up in your own narratives to actually listen to what others are saying.

What we are saying is that you have 6-7th round talent starting towards the middle-end of ROUND FOUR. THAT is not normal.

Now, what do we know? No more than YOU know, or really ANYONE knows. Every draft is a crapshoot, and while we all act like experts every year, we don't REALLY know the impact of a draft until 3+ years later.

But all I am saying, is the things NFL SCOUTS have been saying in the trades. I am echoing THEIR opinions, rather than espousing my own.

So I suggest if you want to make a high and mighty moral diatribe, go take it up with THEM.

So this draft went from really deep because there are a lot more players due to people staying an extra year, to now being a draft that is shallow on talent. Seems like a conspiracy to me

Visionman

Liked Posts:
“What others are saying”

MJY translation: “the talking heads that agree with my personal take”