Official Tech Thread(PC/Mac/Audio/Electronics ETC)

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why don't you get a windows based laptop? You'll probably get one with double the power of the mac plus its probably cheaper.

True but I'm really nitpicky on the battery life. Almost every i7 windows laptop ive found will supposedly last 5 hours(when i read reviews they will probably last 1 to 2 hours max) so thats one reason why I might just go with the i5 since I havent found an i7 ive liked. But I might go with that Asus I showed on here.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've got a tech-related question. Anyone here have Apple TV or tried it? I'm looking into it as it looks like a pretty neat device. Any opinion or info would be appreciated.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ever since I got the monitor for Christmas, I've been watching DVDs on my computer. My monitor has a better picture than my TV.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've got a tech-related question. Anyone here have Apple TV or tried it? I'm looking into it as it looks like a pretty neat device. Any opinion or info would be appreciated.

Save your money.

Ever since I got the monitor for Christmas, I've been watching DVDs on my computer. My monitor has a better picture than my TV.

That is pretty much how it is if you get the right monitor. I still need my big screen to game on, but a lot of TV gets watched on a monitor for me as well.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Save your money.

That is pretty much how it is if you get the right monitor. I still need my big screen to game on, but a lot of TV gets watched on a monitor for me as well.
As I'm stealing my neighbor's WiFi, I wouldn't try watching a TV program and the only way I'll use it for movies is reserving a DVD from the library or Redbox.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh man, I had a neighbor warhacking my wifi, trying to get in once. That was funny stuff. I allowed him onto the network and then formatted his system just to send a message.

I know you're tight on cash GSF, but I hope you know your neighbors ;)

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say stealing jokingly. When I moved in, I simply posted a note on the board in the laundry room asking if anyone had WiFi and if they did would it be okay if I use it. One of my neighbors graciously called me back and gave me permission.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I say stealing jokingly. When I moved in, I simply posted a note on the board in the laundry room asking if anyone had WiFi and if they did would it be okay if I use it. One of my neighbors graciously called me back and gave me permission.

OIC, so she's living alone in her 60s, and you're strictly fuck buddies now. Thats coo

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True but I'm really nitpicky on the battery life. Almost every i7 windows laptop ive found will supposedly last 5 hours(when i read reviews they will probably last 1 to 2 hours max) so thats one reason why I might just go with the i5 since I havent found an i7 ive liked. But I might go with that Asus I showed on here.

Thats understandable..

My i7 is on a desktop.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need a new laptop with great battery life. My current one is only like 2 hours and the best I've ever had is like 3 hours. I need at least 4-5.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need a new laptop with great battery life. My current one is only like 2 hours and the best I've ever had is like 3 hours. I need at least 4-5.

look at the one that was just listed.. you would do fine with that also.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah its supposed to last 10 hours but you'll probably get around 6 to 7. I actually might buy my cousins macbook pro from last year for $1000 which has been barely used but if he doesn't do that then I'll buy this one for sure.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah its supposed to last 10 hours but you'll probably get around 6 to 7. I actually might buy my cousins macbook pro from last year for $1000 which has been barely used but if he doesn't do that then I'll buy this one for sure.

Yeah I really want to get a Macbook Pro or Air, but like CNM said, the one with the long battery life may be the best bet for me.