Official Tech Thread(PC/Mac/Audio/Electronics ETC)

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I really want to get a Macbook Pro or Air, but like CNM said, the one with the long battery life may be the best bet for me.

I dont really see Macbook Air really worth it because they aren't even i3 processors.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking about getting a macbook pro. Those are worth it and have good resale value as well. But a Macbook Air isnt worth it,bad specs for something thats also just really thin.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup especially with windows failing on me so much on my desktop right now i think I'm going to get myself a Macbook Pro.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive never had problems with Windows in nearly 15 years of heavy cpu useage.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive never had problems with Windows in nearly 15 years of heavy cpu useage.

Yeah I've had problems lol. Plus it doesnt help also that(I think) my hard drive will more than likely be dying soon on my desktop since its been clicking every now and then and everything just freezes. More than likely I'll be buying a MBP tomorrow. I'll probably do a video review of it more than likely,plus it still fills all my other needs.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its just not fiscally responsible to get a Mac..

I had a PC about 6-7 years ago. It ate two hard drives and that was one too many.

Have not had any problems with my 1st generation Mac mini.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a PC about 6-7 years ago. It ate two hard drives and that was one too many.

Have not had any problems with my 1st generation Mac mini.

Like Ive said.. Ive never had any problems with PCs for years..

I can run 3/4's of the programs I can on a Mac.

To me.. My money goes on stuff that I can use with the majority of the world.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:

How many times have you replaced the tower?

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I can dual boot windows on my mac as well if I really needed to.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bought a MBP,I'll maybe do a video review of it sometime and put it on here.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PC Thread

I'm assuming I will be the only one posting in this thread, since no one ever responds to anything I say about PC gaming in any other thread.. but that's okay.

After playing LA Noir for 8 cases, I finally decided to play the Witcher 2.

Wow. I've gone through the prelude, which is around 3 hours long and I am impressed. The combat reminds me of Batman AA, but quicker and harder. I have died many times but everytime I do, I learn from my mistakes.

The graphics are unbelieveable and it runs smooth as fuck, everything on 'high.' The tutorials are really weak, as you can run by things super quick, but you just have to spend the time to look shit up in your journal if you have a question.

I'm 6 hours in now and I am supremely impressed. Dragon Age 2 can't touch this shit, this is how an RPG should be made. Challenging combat, beautifully smooth graphics, a seemlingly deep character system and so-far a great story.

I thought I would be pinning for great games until the new Batman and then Skyrim, but this will keep me busy for 3+ months.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would also like so say that Steam has Plants vs Zombies, Sol Survivor and Trine for under $10 each. All 3 are worth the purchase.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And another conversation starter, in case there is anyone to participate, is Civilization 5.

I will easily put 200+ hours into this game (I think I'm atleast 60 hours in) and will be playing this game for the next 5+ years until Civ 6 comes out.

Easily the best strategy game out there.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Witcher 2. Wow. 6-7 hours in and just wow.

Best game I have played all year and if Skyrim can be on par with this game, I will be impressed. The witcher is such a bad-ass, no-holds barred character, with gore, choices, tits, consequences and everything you would want in an RPG game besides being only semi-sandbox, as opposed to full sandbox.

Skyrim will be an interesting comparison, with it's full sandbox-type game. On the other hand, I feel like punching anyone that was involved with making Dragon Age 2 and then forcing them to play the Witcher 2 to show them what a real RPG should be like.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And an update on the Witcher 2...

I am on Chapter 2 and am still equally impressed. As your character progresses, the more combat rocks because of the options available. Nonetheless, this game is pretty hard. The good thing is it isn't stupid-hard but challenging, in the fact that when you die, you deserve to have died and you learn from your mistakes the next time.

Also, I will be playing this game through atleast twice. I know I have made choices that have completely changed the storyline for the game. Can't wait to play through it again and choose different options to see completely different things.