Offseason rumors/discussion thread

Castor76

Liked Posts:
They went for it in 2016. Won it with that trade.
2017 lost with that trade and emptied their talent
2018 they traded some interesting non top 30 talent and lost again.
2019 they have 2 in the top 100. 2 fringe 150. Rest are not going to buy much.
On roster Schwarber they won't trade. Russell I just see them 100% in. Happ has value as a LH bat. I doubt they trade him. Almora doesn't hold enough trade pull.

So I could see them using Soto headlining a trade for a controlled pen arm midseason. I just don't see them selling Contreras. Nico IMO will end up with Baez long term up the middle. Russell traded when he is ready. They will have to chose Baez vs him long term and Baez is a better player.

That is how I see it playing out. They are not going to shock anyone this off-season. They will have a few chips to add and if it falls short they have a few chips to sell. I just don't see them all in this year at all. If they were then Teddy would t have said that budget is in place. That would be a non factor. So they are not all in and they are seeing if was more so a coaching disconnect and the talent is good enough to win it all.

I don't disagree with anything in your assessment. What I do think is, if they aren't going to be all in, then they might as well sell now. Now, if you want to argue that they believe what they have now plus whatever non-blockbuster piece may be added during the season is enough to compete for a title, then bring on Spring Training. But if aren't convinced of it, there's no reason no to be sellers now and later. The 25 Man roster chips they have with the possible exception of Strop don't have foreseeable futures on the team anyway.

To be clear. I think this team can win a title as is.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'll say it again but I think people are too pessimistic on this team. This is easily the best starting rotation the cubs have had in decades. I think you could argue maybe the Z/Prior/Wood rotation had more talent at the top but 1-5 all of these guys are all-star caliber or have been at times and 4 of the 5 have challenged for cy youngs. The bullpen last year as I've mentioned numerous times finished 2nd in ERA having really only lost Wilson and half a season from De la Rosa and Chavez. I think Brach is a really savvy signing and honestly I like the fact they are approaching this by volume. They have a ridiculous amount of guys for spring training. Relievers for whatever reason pop up out of no where very often. Given where the cubs are I'd rather see them throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks. There's always July if you need to add a closer. It may not even be needed if Morrow comes back healthy and stays that way. And in terms of their offense, they had the best offense in baseball for the first 4 months of the season and that's with Rizzo and Bryant having down years for various reasons. Plus having not played an extra month for a change should give them a bit more time to get healthy.

I'm really fine with them just giving this another shot before throwing huge sums of money at the problem. They are likely losing around $50 mil in payroll next year between the $20 mil from Hamels, $12.5 mil from zobrist, $8.5 mil from Duensing/Kintzler and $12.75 mil from Strop/Cishek. The latter two you may want to retain but I think you're also going to see them move Chatwood in some fashion even if it means them eating some of the remaining $25.5 mil he's owed.

Point here being you're really not losing much here if they don't sign Harper unless you view him as a transcendent talent. For example, if you think him and Arenado are roughly equivalent there's a very good chance you can get Arenado next year. And were he a transcendent talent LA and NYY would be in the mix regardless of fit. So, the fact they aren't is some what telling. Regardless, there's always going to be another guy to spend your money(or lack there of this year) on down the line.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Then prepare for a massive fail.

"Massive fail"

world-series-chicago-cubs-cleveland-indians-game-7-2.jpg

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Beckdawg, no this isn't the best starting rotation the Cubs have had in decades. Did you forget 2016? When Cubs had Arrieta (in his prime), a younger Lester, Hendricks who was phenomenal that year. Plus Lackey and some serviceable scraps.

Now they've replaced Arrieta with Darvish who can't even get on the mound. Lester is older and who knows when he will fall off. Hendricks hasn't been as good as he was in 2016 although still fine. You've got Quintana who is like Jekyll and Hyde , can't trust him at all, certainly not in a big game. Cole Hamels fine. He was great for us last year but I'm not confident at all about what he's going to give us this year.

Maybe you're talking about depth. But that doesn't matter at all in the postseason. What matters is your Top 3 and no way in hell does our 2019 Top 3 match up against our Top 3 from 2016.

I'm guessing you might cite some stats to prove your point and it will fail. There is no way that our top 3 this coming season can match up against the top 3 from 2016, not a chance in hell.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Beckdawg, no this isn't the best starting rotation the Cubs have had in decades. Did you forget 2016? When Cubs had Arrieta (in his prime), a younger Lester, Hendricks who was phenomenal that year. Plus Lackey and some serviceable scraps.

Now they've replaced Arrieta with Darvish who can't even get on the mound. Lester is older and who knows when he will fall off. Hendricks hasn't been as good as he was in 2016 although still fine. You've got Quintana who is like Jekyll and Hyde , can't trust him at all, certainly not in a big game. Cole Hamels fine. He was great for us last year but I'm not confident at all about what he's going to give us this year.

Maybe you're talking about depth. But that doesn't matter at all in the postseason. What matters is your Top 3 and no way in hell does our 2019 Top 3 match up against our Top 3 from 2016.

I'm guessing you might cite some stats to prove your point and it will fail. There is no way that our top 3 this coming season can match up against the top 3 from 2016, not a chance in hell.

You're mixing things up.

While it is true that in postseason the top of the rotation will matter most, that does not change the fact that depth in the rotation is a huge factor in reaching the post season.

You mention "Darvish can't even get on the mound" as a reason to dismiss him in 2019. Yes, it is true that if he doesn't pitch the 2019 rotation won't be as beckdawg predicted. But why are you assuming he can't pitch in 2019? Because he was hurt in 2018? Do you know something nobody else does regarding a career ending injury?

It may be tough to beat the 2016 staff's production at the top, but they should be better at #4 and 5 than they were in 2016. Arietta was 3rd on the team that year, and was very good, but let's not confuse it with 2015 Arietta. This staff is deep and good.

You're stuck on Top 3,a nd that was not the point made.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

2016 Jake held the highest run support in baseball (pretty damn close). His wins were bloated. Hendricks was on a career year. He might replicate it again. Lester is on the Decline.

So I would call it
Hendricks vs Hendricks as ace- push.
Lester vs Cole Hamels- edge Lester. Could go even here.
Darvish-Jake. Edge Jake for now. Darvish has a higher celing but I can't say anything here until the season plays out. Early on Yu is looking top form and only 2015 Jake can surpass a healthy Darvish.

Lester vs Lackey.....even a moron knows this answer.

Hammel vs Q...ditto

So yes this staff is superior to 2016. 2016 was driven by run support. That staff was not off the charts.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The last staff that was surperior was 2004. Not 3. That staff was better but injury played it's hand. I believe Maddux resigned that year. 2008 was also solid. Lacked a Ace but you don't win 97 with a shit rotation.

But 2003 gets played up with a healthy Wood and Prior. That staff lacked depth. Z was still raw. He learned a lot from Maddux on how to pitch later. #3 was a .500 pitcher every year. Great stuff but another Bucholtz. 5 was a joke end of the road pitcher. Dusty had to ride Wood and Prior to ruin to keep their hopes alive.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I have my doubts about the offense and bullpen
But
The SP definitely has the potential to be one of the better ones this cubs team had in a long while with all 5 starters

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

I was referring top to bottom. But if you want to talk about the 2016 team... fine. Hendricks I don't think is worth discussing. Yes his ERA in 2016 was fantastic but it was also a lot of luck you're typically not going to have in a season. I don't think there's a strong argument that he's any better or worse now than he was in 2016. With regard to Lester, some of that also applies. Hitters had a .256 BABIP vs him where his career numbers are .297. I'll concede the point that 2016 Lester is better than 2019 will be but I don't particularly think it's that big of a difference. I mean he had a 3.32 ERA last year and the guy knows how to pitch in big games. I don't think either of those two statements are that controversial. In a lot of ways I think Lester and Hendricks are similar because they are guys who are typically gonna go out and give you a very solid but not amazing year.

The first point I think we're not going to see eye to eye is on Arrieta and Darvish. That year Arrieta had 8.67 k/9 and a 3.47 bb/9 with a 3.10/3.52 ERA/FIP. All props to him because that's a solid year. Darvish's career numbers are 11.04 k/9 3.38 bb/9 with a 3.49/3.38 ERA/FIP and keep in mind the vast majority of that is in the AL. If Darvish plays to his career numbers he's better than 2016 Arrieta. And for what it's worth, it's not even like Darvish lost his stuff. He had a 11.03 k/9 last year. What killed him is he lost his command for whatever reason posting a 4.73 bb/9. His HR/FB was also up but I suspect that's likely an issue with him not having his normal command. Now we can sit here and debate the way that happened all day long. My personal belief is he was never right from the get go health wise. He had just pitched deep into Oct. with the dodgers and if memory serves the issue with his arm was a stress fracture of sorts. Regardless, I don't think it's really worth either of our time assuming he's going to be hurt again in 2019. I mean he's either going to be healthy or he wont and if he's not then there's really no debate to be had. However, if he is healthy I'll take Darvish's career numbers over 2016 Arrieta every day of the week. Go back and watch how he dominated the cubs in the 2017 NLCS. I'm sure some will say he failed badly in the WS but I'm not convinced the Astros weren't stealing signs. They got caught last season with a guy filming into Boston's dugout.

For Lackey vs I guess Hamels the debate sort of depends on what version of Hamels you're getting. Lackey in 2016 had a 3.81 FIP. I bring up FIP because as with Hendricks and Lester, that 2016 team had a historically great defense. His BABIP against was .255 vs his career mark of .300. Hamels' FIP in his 12 starts with the cubs last year was 3.42. Overall I think it's close but in a vacuum I think i'm taking a 35 year old Hamels over a 37 year old Lackey headed into a season.

As for Hammel vs Q I don't think is even worth debating because even if you're down on Q there's no way Hammel is even remotely close talent wise.

Having said all that, if you want to take the 2016 pitching staff over this coming group... I don't agree but I think it's close enough that it's not absurd or anything. And admittedly I'm banking on Darvish returning to the pitcher he's been. But if we're having this conversation as to which is better it's worth remembering that 2016 team won 103 games which more or less goes back to my point that people are being too pessimistic.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
2016 Jake held the highest run support in baseball (pretty damn close). His wins were bloated. Hendricks was on a career year. He might replicate it again. Lester is on the Decline.

So I would call it
Hendricks vs Hendricks as ace- push.
Lester vs Cole Hamels- edge Lester. Could go even here.
Darvish-Jake. Edge Jake for now. Darvish has a higher celing but I can't say anything here until the season plays out. Early on Yu is looking top form and only 2015 Jake can surpass a healthy Darvish.

Lester vs Lackey.....even a moron knows this answer.

Hammel vs Q...ditto

So yes this staff is superior to 2016. 2016 was driven by run support. That staff was not off the charts.

I think you need to check stats on 2016 again. It was not in any way all driven by run support. All five starters had ERA+ over 100. Most well over.

Evan as I argue that 2019's depth will make them comparable, I am not about to dismiss the 2016 performance. It was historically good.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think you need to check stats on 2016 again. It was not in any way all driven by run support. All five starters had ERA+ over 100. Most well over.

Evan as I argue that 2019's depth will make them comparable, I am not about to dismiss the 2016 performance. It was historically good.

Hendricks: 2.13 ERA 3.20 FIP 4.5 WAR (RS/9): 5.21/ 2017: 4.32/2018: 5.43
Lester: 2.44 ERA 3.41 FIP 4.3 WAR (RS/9): 5.37 /2017: 6.03/2018: 6.14
Arrieta: 3.10 ERA 3.52 FIP 3.8 WAR (RS/9):6.84 /2017: 6.04/off team
Lackey: 3.35 ERA 3.81 FIP 3.1 WAR (RS/9): 5.16/2017: 5.06/off team
Hammel: 3.83 ERA 4.48 FIP 1.4 WAR (RS/9): 4.81 off team/off team

Run support matters. 2018 Lester was arguable the worst starter. But led all staff starters with 6.14 RS/9. Ended up with 18 wins. Hendricks was #2 with a 5.43. Q: 4.85, Chatwood: 4.77, Montgomery: 4.06, Darvish: 4.05, Hamels: 2.83...Ya. He seemed to lock horns with an ace. Pretty much held his own.

So ya it is almost night and day. 2016 the rotation was healthy. And they had more than enough run support. They were not bad at all but with out that run support they really were not as good as that.

And the arguably worst starter...
xFIP:
Hamels: 3.59
Hendricks: 3.87
Quintana: 4.18
Darvish: 4.24
Montgomery: 4.29
Lester: 4.43
Chatwood: 5.76

Chatwood's was bloated by his control issues and lost his role. Lester was lucky. Ended up with a 3.32 ERA with over 6 runs scored per 9. But in reality he was having issues in game that were masked by the D and luck.

This is why I'm 100% behind retaining Hamels. He is a TOR.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I was referring top to bottom. But if you want to talk about the 2016 team... fine. Hendricks I don't think is worth discussing. Yes his ERA in 2016 was fantastic but it was also a lot of luck you're typically not going to have in a season. I don't think there's a strong argument that he's any better or worse now than he was in 2016. With regard to Lester, some of that also applies. Hitters had a .256 BABIP vs him where his career numbers are .297. I'll concede the point that 2016 Lester is better than 2019 will be but I don't particularly think it's that big of a difference. I mean he had a 3.32 ERA last year and the guy knows how to pitch in big games. I don't think either of those two statements are that controversial. In a lot of ways I think Lester and Hendricks are similar because they are guys who are typically gonna go out and give you a very solid but not amazing year.

The first point I think we're not going to see eye to eye is on Arrieta and Darvish. That year Arrieta had 8.67 k/9 and a 3.47 bb/9 with a 3.10/3.52 ERA/FIP. All props to him because that's a solid year. Darvish's career numbers are 11.04 k/9 3.38 bb/9 with a 3.49/3.38 ERA/FIP and keep in mind the vast majority of that is in the AL. If Darvish plays to his career numbers he's better than 2016 Arrieta. And for what it's worth, it's not even like Darvish lost his stuff. He had a 11.03 k/9 last year. What killed him is he lost his command for whatever reason posting a 4.73 bb/9. His HR/FB was also up but I suspect that's likely an issue with him not having his normal command. Now we can sit here and debate the way that happened all day long. My personal belief is he was never right from the get go health wise. He had just pitched deep into Oct. with the dodgers and if memory serves the issue with his arm was a stress fracture of sorts. Regardless, I don't think it's really worth either of our time assuming he's going to be hurt again in 2019. I mean he's either going to be healthy or he wont and if he's not then there's really no debate to be had. However, if he is healthy I'll take Darvish's career numbers over 2016 Arrieta every day of the week. Go back and watch how he dominated the cubs in the 2017 NLCS. I'm sure some will say he failed badly in the WS but I'm not convinced the Astros weren't stealing signs. They got caught last season with a guy filming into Boston's dugout.

For Lackey vs I guess Hamels the debate sort of depends on what version of Hamels you're getting. Lackey in 2016 had a 3.81 FIP. I bring up FIP because as with Hendricks and Lester, that 2016 team had a historically great defense. His BABIP against was .255 vs his career mark of .300. Hamels' FIP in his 12 starts with the cubs last year was 3.42. Overall I think it's close but in a vacuum I think i'm taking a 35 year old Hamels over a 37 year old Lackey headed into a season.

As for Hammel vs Q I don't think is even worth debating because even if you're down on Q there's no way Hammel is even remotely close talent wise.

Having said all that, if you want to take the 2016 pitching staff over this coming group... I don't agree but I think it's close enough that it's not absurd or anything. And admittedly I'm banking on Darvish returning to the pitcher he's been. But if we're having this conversation as to which is better it's worth remembering that 2016 team won 103 games which more or less goes back to my point that people are being too pessimistic.

Couple points, some of your arguments are reasonable. I won't focus on Lester and Hendricks that much. But I will say that Lester and Hendricks finished 2 and 3 in Cy Young voting. So I'm definitely going to take their 2016 versions.

Listen, if Darvish comes out in 2019 and returns to his old self, great. However, I'm not going to bank on it. My attitude toward Darvish "I will believe it when I see it." There is no reason to anticipate greatness from him. Especially since he's a mental midget who thinks "Cubs fans hate him."

But even if he was 100% healthy, you'd have to be nuts to take him over 2016 Jake. I can't even believe that you'd take Darvish. Jake was totally lights out in the 2016 playoffs. There was some regular season dropoff from 2015 but that was one of the most dominating pitching seasons in MLB history, so that was to be expected.

Again, you're sort of making a different argument. You're focused on depth while I'm focused on the Top 3 because the Top 3 is what's going to win you a World Series.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You're mixing things up.

While it is true that in postseason the top of the rotation will matter most, that does not change the fact that depth in the rotation is a huge factor in reaching the post season.

You mention "Darvish can't even get on the mound" as a reason to dismiss him in 2019. Yes, it is true that if he doesn't pitch the 2019 rotation won't be as beckdawg predicted. But why are you assuming he can't pitch in 2019? Because he was hurt in 2018? Do you know something nobody else does regarding a career ending injury?

It may be tough to beat the 2016 staff's production at the top, but they should be better at #4 and 5 than they were in 2016. Arietta was 3rd on the team that year, and was very good, but let's not confuse it with 2015 Arietta. This staff is deep and good.

You're stuck on Top 3,a nd that was not the point made.

I'm stuck on Top 3 because that is all that matters in the postseason. I think people on this board focus too much on regular season and I don't get that. Of course the regular season matters as it gets you to the playoffs but you need TORs at the top of your rotation to win in the postseason. Cubs had 2 in 2016, they've got 1 healthy now who is in the twilight of his career.

My attitude toward Darvish is "I will believe it when I see it." Some of you guys expecting him to dominate like 2016 are in for a serious kick to the nuts. But dreaming is healthy so do go on.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm stuck on Top 3 because that is all that matters in the postseason. I think people on this board focus too much on regular season and I don't get that. Of course the regular season matters as it gets you to the playoffs but you need TORs at the top of your rotation to win in the postseason. Cubs had 2 in 2016, they've got 1 healthy now who is in the twilight of his career.

My attitude toward Darvish is "I will believe it when I see it." Some of you guys expecting him to dominate like 2016 are in for a serious kick to the nuts. But dreaming is healthy so do go on.

They have 2 right now. Hamels and Hendricks are both TOR pitchers right now. Darvish has recovered but I agree with you on him. Q was a 4 WAR pitcher with the Sox. The only guy that I see as a inning soaker is Lester.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well not the mental mdget part. I see it as there was a back lash from the signing and him being injured. Some knuckleheads outlashef and he responded. After they correctly diagnosed the bone bruse after misdiagnosis and incorrect treatments.

I see it as you get injured on the job and take on harassment from you customers for not working through the pain. Fucked up huna.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Couple points, some of your arguments are reasonable. I won't focus on Lester and Hendricks that much. But I will say that Lester and Hendricks finished 2 and 3 in Cy Young voting. So I'm definitely going to take their 2016 versions.

Listen, if Darvish comes out in 2019 and returns to his old self, great. However, I'm not going to bank on it. My attitude toward Darvish "I will believe it when I see it." There is no reason to anticipate greatness from him. Especially since he's a mental midget who thinks "Cubs fans hate him."

But even if he was 100% healthy, you'd have to be nuts to take him over 2016 Jake. I can't even believe that you'd take Darvish. Jake was totally lights out in the 2016 playoffs. There was some regular season dropoff from 2015 but that was one of the most dominating pitching seasons in MLB history, so that was to be expected.

Again, you're sort of making a different argument. You're focused on depth while I'm focused on the Top 3 because the Top 3 is what's going to win you a World Series.

You're sort of missing my point with regard to Lester/Hendricks. It's fine to say knowing the results that they wont duplicate those results but that's sort of a disingenuous point because you already know the results in one case and we're speculating on the potential results in the other. The point I would make is going into 2016 before we knew the results what would be your feelings for Lester/Hendricks vs going into 2019? 2015 Lester had a 3.34 ERA. 2018 Lester had a 3.32 ERA. His k/bb rates were better in 2015 which is why I said he's better going into 2016 but again I'm not sure there's that much difference. In terms of Hendricks, he had a 3.95 ERA in 2015 and a 3.44 ERA in 2018. In my eyes, I think you could say whatever you've lost from Lester from 2016 you likely gained in Hendricks as he enters his prime. As I said before, I would be surprised if statistically they were the same in 2019 as they were in 2016. But that has less to do with them as pitchers and more to do with the fact the 2016 cubs defense if I'm not mistaken was one of the best statistically ever or at the very least since they started tracking defensive metrics.

As for Darvish, like I said before I'm not going to debate health. He either will be or he wont. It's not really an interesting point to debate. However, I will debate taking Davirsh. Again stipulating that Darvish pitches like his career numbers I'd rather have him than Arrieta. Here's why... when you're evaluating pitchers from a statistics stand point you're largely concerned with 2 things, namely k rate and walk rate. The reason for this is balls in play is usually .300 over a long enough time span for most hitters/pitchers. So, that means the things a pitcher can control is how many guys he strikes out and how many guys he walks. HR/FB also matters as HR's disproportionally effect ERA. Anyways, Darvish's 11.04 career K/9 isn't just good, the only starter since he debuted in 2012 with a higher k/9 is Max Scherzer at 11.10. So, his stuff is elite of elite. If we were talking about 2015 Arrieta I think there's more of debate to be had here because his 9.28/1.89 k/bb per 9 rate is better than his 2016 8.67/3.47. In particular, the 1.89 walk rate in 2015 really set him apart. However, his 2016 walk rate nearly doubled. And that largely is why I'd rather have career darvish vs 2016 Arrieta. He strikes out more people with that 11.04 k/9 and he walks fewer people with that 3.38 bb/9.

Honestly, I kind of find it ironic that your concern is the top of the rotation and yet you dislike Darvish so much because there's maybe 1-2 guys in baseball that can match his stuff. And as for him being a mental midget... I'd assume you'd be good with having Chris Sale in the playoff yeah? In 25.0 IP Sale's post season ERA is 5.76. How about Kershaw? 152.0 IP 4.32 ERA. So the fact Darvish has a 5.81 ERA in 25.1 IP doesn't mean much. He's just given up too many HRs in a really short sample. I mean you're talking about a WHIP of 1.18 in the post season having given up 27 hits. The issue is 8 of the hits have been HRs. I'm sure you'll see that as a giant negative but to me that just appears to be a bad selection of data. I think if he gets 20-30 more postseason starts you'd see it level out closer to his career HR/FB rate though slightly elevated given better competition. His career HR/FB is 12.3% in the regular season. It's 25% thus far in his postseasons. That's about as obvious a case as you get for regression to the mean.

Regardless, if Darvish isn't giving up HRs he can win a pitching duel against literally anyone in baseball. And it's not like he's never thrown a good game in the postseason. 3 of his 6 starts(2012 vs BAL, 2017 vs ARI, 2017 vs cubs) he's thrown 18 IP giving up 13 hits 4 ER 1 BB 21 K's for a 2 ERA with a 10.5 k/9 and a 0.5 bb/9. 2 of his other 3 starts were vs Houston and while he was fairly terrible in those games as I said before I suspect houston was effectively cheating in those games. They said he was tipping his pitches but I honestly think they may have been using the same guy that got caught filming boston's dugout because in those two starts he threw 3.1 IP giving up 9 hits, 2 walks 0 k's and 8 ERs. Seeing someone with his lofty K numbers not even manage to strike them out once strikes me as very odd. Even in his 6th start vs TOR in 2016 where he was mediocre he threw 5 innings with 4 k's.

And as I said before, it's not like Darvish has lost the stuff that makes him interesting. His 11.03 2018 k/9 is basically identical to his career rate. His 4.73 bb/9 rate in 2018 however obviously was way elevated. However, if he were pitching through pain it could have easily thrown his mechanics out of wack. And given his comments about not wanting to disappoint fans, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was trying to pitch through pain. Presumably he is now healthy after having the procedure that ended his 2018. If his command returns with his health he's going to be one of the best pitchers in the NL.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
That was 2016 when they went all in.

They didn't go all in. They had an offer on the table from NY for Schwarber, who was injured at the time, for two years of Andrew Miller. They rejected it and went with Torres for a half season of Chapman, because they thought Schwarber was an integral part of their future. Epstein is never going to sacrifice long-term competitiveness to "go for it" in a single year. And that's a stupid idea in baseball anyway because of playoff variance and how long it can take to reload (unlike the NFL where parity is built into the competitive balance).

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, this billionaire inbox crap comes out about Joe Ricketts, I guess the chances of flipping Heywards deal for the ability to sign Harper just lost any minute percentage that this will happen.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well, this billionaire inbox crap comes out about Joe Ricketts, I guess the chances of flipping Heywards deal for the ability to sign Harper just lost any minute percentage that this will happen.

What does one have to do with the other?