CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But ya Jed did a end season presser.

Said that they have to over perform projections vs expect a major F/A signing.

Then he basically begged Cody to move on.

After Tom$ put out a note to the fans in F-flat

How did it go? Oh ya.

We came out great oh ya...
But injuries stopped us oh no.

It doesn't matter that other teams also got injured because it is not on my spreadsheet. Oh ya.

So I beg ya don't go.

Here is to a great system I deflect.
To Ryno's statue I deflect.
But keep on filling the seats I expect.

2025 the same ole song and dance please don't reject.
I’m high as fuck and jamming out to this tune right now! Thanks, bud!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Here is a potential plan

Looking at cots the Cubs are at 177M including all pending Arb cases

So here we go

Offer Paredes and Steele

Rest dump

Frees up around 22M

Rotation target 1 multi 1 rental

Rental is a holding spot for Horton. Assad, Brown, Kilian, Wesneski, Wicks go-to the pen for what ever roles suits them. Add in Hodge, Little for late inning leverage and Neely to compete for a job

So right now they are 52M under tax. Dropping Arb cases puts it around 70M give or take depending on replacement costs.

Now as a realistic long term target: Nathan Eovaldi if he opts. Jack Flaherty is another

One year deal. Verlander or Max would be awesome. Even if Horton comes up and Verlander jumps into the closer gig would be a great moment for the fans

Cody most likely opts in and I have said and read trade out. Thinking it over sit him in RF and let him build value. He is a plus glove in RF and I doubt that Caissie produces better next year. Soto is just wishing on a star.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jed did say something on his exit talk

Depth can not be undervalued. With injury and underperformance having top 100 talent in Iowa is a value that can not be quantified.

So I am thinking that it will be opertunity based. If Shaw comes out with a .350 BA and Hoerner or Paredes blow. Or Busch has a sophomore slump and Shaw can take over 3B and Paredes moves over to 1B.

Jed seems like the type to let the season to dictate vs trade out to open playing time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why is the latest trend to say that something? “cannot be undervalued” when in fact you mean “cannot be overvalued”?

I see this all the time.

“The importance of a strong pitching staff cannot be understated.“

No, it cannot be OVERstated.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why is the latest trend to say that something? “cannot be undervalued” when in fact you mean “cannot be overvalued”?

I see this all the time.

dude, i COULDNT care less!

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I see this all the time.

Ya I get your point

But I get where Jed is coming from. Most likely he will have Hoerner at 11.5M at 2B and Paredes at 3B and 7M.

Busch will have to keep his job and mid season slumps can end up as a trip to Iowa with the depth there.

It is a good place to be at. Most teams would love to be in that spot where you can swap a bat instead of dealing with a prolonged slump then letting said hitter figure it out while not giving up at bats to do so

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The more that I think about it pushing all of the SP projects into the pen and forcing position players into a performance based playing allotment then investing into the rotation works great

The rotation was the strongest point of the team and building around their top 3 makes it a force to deal with for teams. If the bats go cold then start swapping out bats. Pen should be in the same boat. Keep rotating in fresh arms and keep the overhead low.

Cody should be the only question going in and it would be foolish for him to test F/A off of a bad year after a good year got a snub. He most likely sits in RF and that is okay.