Offseason

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Ah the old unite the ohl line desires

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Honestly it comes down to the perception of soupy signing to the other players. If him and the rest of the D pieces are enough to convince quality forwards that the Hawks have enough to make that cup run they will line up to sign. The quality is ones we have enough cap space for that is.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you're comfortable signing Panarin to a 7mil AAV extension without knowing what he's capable of producing sans Kane next to him? It seems like a remarkably foolish thing to do to me.

Yeah, I am very comfortable of what he is capable of producing. Greatness is greatness and Panarin shows greatness is headed his way. Plus, I just love to see two great puckhandlers and shootists on the ice together and watch the mere mortals try to defend them. It is really an art form.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where does Panik fit in? I thought he played really well with Toews, maybe it was just me though. The third line looks a void as of now. Just spit balling but maybe Hossa could slide down to the 3rd at times to help out the overall scoring.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where does Panik fit in? I thought he played really well with Toews, maybe it was just me though. The third line looks a void as of now. Just spit balling but maybe Hossa could slide down to the 3rd at times to help out the overall scoring.

They are hoping Panik will play with Toews, if not he'll fall into the pool of 3rd and 4th line wingers.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are hoping Panik will play with Toews, if not he'll fall into the pool of 3rd and 4th line wingers.

I was just wondering because I've seen all these projected (guesses) lines from other posters and haven't seen Panik listed at all let alone on the Toews line where I think he fits best. I really liked what I saw from Panik against the Blows and am hoping he can be what Bigfoot was supposed to be.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just wondering because I've seen all these projected (guesses) lines from other posters and haven't seen Panik listed at all let alone on the Toews line where I think he fits best. I really liked what I saw from Panik against the Blows and am hoping he can be what Bigfoot was supposed to be.

I read something that had Stan saying he liked how Panik played with Toews at the end of the year and will definitely be given a chance for that line this season.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they do at least temporarily break up Kane/Panarin at some point in the season if for no other reason to see what they can do--especially in a low-risk situation like completely dominating/being dominated by the other team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they promised Panarin he would play with Kane to get him to come?

It was only just to keep that line intact until the playoffs so he would have every chance of reaching his bonus moneys.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Updated Line-up Projections: Q gonna Q

Panarin-AA-Kane I won't play pretend anymore about our #1 line
Vesey-Toews-Hossa/Panik
Schmaltz-Kruger-Desjardins

Baun-Motte-Ras-Mash-Hartman to fight for 4 time. In addition to still availables

There are still some top nine forwards out there, among them Jiri Hudler and Kris Versteeg. Patrik Elias, Tomas Fleischmann, PA Parenteau, Brad Richards, Alex Tanguay and Radim Vrbata have all been around for some time and can add depth. And Gagner

For my money, I would try to fit in Gagner, but I think that 4th center would be most valuable to the team fits.

If we don't get Vesey, and Schmaltz isn't a stud, I'm starting to wonder if we can make the playoffs easily.

We were one goal away from a three peat. I guess this is what happens. It certainly is not a hopeless situation, we have so much reason to have faith and just hope for a couple small miracles and we would be right back in the thick of the hunt.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they do at least temporarily break up Kane/Panarin at some point in the season if for no other reason to see what they can do--especially in a low-risk situation like completely dominating/being dominated by the other team.

I don't disagree, especially with Q the magical line generator. They did it briefly last season a shift here and there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Jordin Tootoo to the Hawks on a one-year deal. No financial terms yet.

Remember when Wiz tore his ACL at the end of the game when beating the shit out of Tootoo? Good times.

[Edit] Deal worth $750,000

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bad addition really.. I think if he replaces Desjardins and you trade him off it can fit for 4th line roles but Foley clearly has some signing influence

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tootoo. Really. www,whatthefuck,com!!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Oh interestingly I didn't know the Wiz was a free agent now as Carolina bought him out after his great 1 minute career with the hurricanes.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know how to feel about this as I had no idea he was still in the NHL...