Ok so hear me out

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But the other side of the coin is, it's possible Poles won't hire him BECAUSE HE KNEW HIM in KC.....idk, but just sayin'

I mean I think that does speak volumes. At the same time though, we haven't heard of any sort of discontent between the two

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Trading the number 1 pick is not a hard thing to do… I don’t really see that as somehow super impressive. It actually could be a total disaster if bears do not get the QB position right long term and CJ Stroud continues on this trajectory.
Trading anything isn't hard to do.........What is hard is negotiating what you will get in return in the trade. That's where acumen comes into play.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Trading anything isn't hard to do.........What is hard is negotiating what you will get in return in the trade. That's where acumen comes into play.
Right I’m saying it wasn’t some amazing thing to trade the number 1 pick for a haul. It’s expected.

Not saying he hasn’t made some good moves, but it’s not something that’s so impressive to me

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I think Flus is earning his stay. He can be annoying, buy he also had to coach a roster with no talent. It's developing on defensive side of ball
Annoying, Trestman was annoying, Flus is a sweetheart...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

@Anytime45

see what I mean this Getsy 'upswing / effect narrative' on JF is starting to subconsciously take hold 🤷‍♂️ 😔👉 #61

You are an idiot.

The point is that starting over right when Fields is showing consistently better play (which was the argument) is not good for Fields.

I understand that you read at the level of a third grader, but even you can do better here.

My point was if the JF goes on a win streak Getsy will get the credit.

Next......
Idiots don't have the mental acuity to have a nuanced football discussion without digressing to third grade name calling ( no disrespect to 3rd graders)

JF is very intelligent. If he gets a seasoned offensive coach, that coach will have the sense to quickly build an offense around JF....the transition would probably be seamless.

Leftwich switched the offense in Tampa for Brady. And look at the positive effect McDaniel had on Tua in Miami.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Next......
Idiots don't have the mental acuity to have a nuanced football discussion without digressing to third grade name calling ( no disrespect to 3rd graders)

JF is very intelligent. If he gets a seasoned offensive coach, that coach will have the sense to quickly build an offense around JF....the transition would probably be seamless.

Leftwich switched the offense in Tampa for Brady. And look at the positive effect McDaniel had on Tua in Miami.
The nuanced football discussion you speak of is you talking about other posters, not football. That is, again, third grade level.

And where did I give Getsy credit? And why wouldn't you give the OC some credit, if you are the first person to blame the OC when things go poorly? I've been fully consistent in trying to look at both of them, pros and cons. You just let Fields' balls slap against your chin.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Next......

The nuanced football discussion you speak of is you talking about other posters, not football. That is, again, third grade level.

And where did I give Getsy credit? And why wouldn't you give the OC some credit, if you are the first person to blame the OC when things go poorly? I've been fully consistent in trying to look at both of them, pros and cons. You just let Fields' balls slap against your chin.
"You just let Fields' balls slap against your chin."
-dennehy

Lets deal with this first. Please don't project your lifestyle on me. I'm here to talk football. Ok .....back to football.

I'm also looking at the pro & cons. For example, Many times when JF makes plays it has nothing to do with Getsy, A lotta of the big plays JF makes are off schedule and off platform. We can't give Getsy credit for that.( last yr when JF was flashing brilliance, there was actually talk about Getsy being a HC.....SMH)

I noticed u said nothing about.......

"if you are the first person to blame the OC when things go poorly"
-dennehy

Sir....if u listen to Getsy's last presser, he doesn't even take responsibility as a leader when things go poorly ( he deflected to JF). Let me know if I need to look for his last press conference

dennehy

Liked Posts:
-dennehy

Lets deal with this first. Please don't project your lifestyle on me. I'm here to talk football. Ok .....back to football.

I'm also looking at the pro & cons. For example, Many times when JF makes plays it has nothing to do with Getsy, A lotta of the big plays JF makes are off schedule and off platform. We can't give Getsy credit for that.( last yr when JF was flashing brilliance, there was actually talk about Getsy being a HC.....SMH)

-dennehy

Sir....if u listen to Getsy's last presser, he doesn't even take responsibility as a leader when things go poorly ( he deflected to JF). Let me know if I need to look for his last press conference
Project what lifestyle? It was a turn of phrase, a metaphor. If that's something you associate with a lifestyle, that's on you. You are clearly unable to level even the most minor criticism at Fields.

Can you give Getsy credit when there are open receivers and Fields misses them or doesn't see them? This happens also.

I don't know what his pressers have to do with this.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, I don't know their relationship. What I'm saying is that if Fields continues to play well, not sure why you'd want to change things up or if you'd be able to get someone that is appreciably better. There's a ton of risk in bringing in Eric Bienemy for the reasons I already stated and more. And I don't know why a good OC would even come here, in the last year of Fields' deal and with Eberflus probably canned if the season 2025 season went south.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
-dennehy

I noticed u said nothing about.......

-dennehy

Project what lifestyle? It was a turn of phrase, a metaphor. If that's something you associate with a lifestyle, that's on you. You are clearly unable to level even the most minor criticism at Fields.

Can you give Getsy credit when there are open receivers and Fields misses them or doesn't see them? This happens also.

I don't know what his pressers have to do with this.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, I don't know their relationship. What I'm saying is that if Fields continues to play well, not sure why you'd want to change things up or if you'd be able to get someone that is appreciably better. There's a ton of risk in bringing in Eric Bienemy for the reasons I already stated and more. And I don't know why a good OC would even come here, in the last year of Fields' deal and with Eberflus probably canned if the season 2025 season went south.

"Project what lifestyle? It was a turn of phrase, a metaphor. If that's something you associate with a lifestyle, that's on you"
-
dennehy

Dude there's nothing "on me". I have never initiated a so called sexual metaphor about a mans testicles. You did. Lets keep it all football focused. Sigh....back to football.

You said......
"Can you give Getsy credit when there are open receivers and Fields misses them or doesn't see them? This happens also.
I don't know what his pressers have to do with this."

I've seen , from time to time wr's open underneath. In other posts and while watching footage, I've admitted that had it been me...I would've hit that or this wr .
Is JF constantly missing wr's the majority of time.... NO.
Do you realize that JF set a record this yr.....by finding open wr's ??

My problem with Getsy
is he came here without Qb development experience.
He came here without play calling experience. He's learning on the job. NO I don't like this about Getsy. I feel our org. did JF wrong at a time when he needed Qb development . So it's tough for me to give Getsy to much credit. As I mentioned earlier, a lot of what JF does is off schedule/ off platform and has nothing to with Getsy.

You said....
"There's a ton of risk in bringing in Eric Bienemy for the reasons I already stated and more."
Please Scroll up and read my Leftwich / McDaniel example.

You said....
"And I don't know why a good OC would even come here, in the last year of Fields' deal and with Eberflus probably canned"

If the new OC can elevate JF.....then ya promote the OC. I'll admit it's a tenious and complicated situation no doubt.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don’t want Bienemy in general but also because he has been bucking for HC forever, and is at that point where it’s likely he’ll get the chance soon.

Any team hiring him as OC in 2024 if he doesn’t get HC somewhere, will lose him in a year or two.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What is your problem with Flus?
I don't think he's a good head coach. I think he's been awesome as a DC since he took over for Alan Williams, but I still have major questions about his in-game management. The clock, timeouts, challenges, situational football, etc. I think if Harbaugh can be enticed to become the head coach of the Chicago Bears, you bid farewell to Matt Eberflus.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't think he's a good head coach. I think he's been awesome as a DC since he took over for Alan Williams, but I still have major questions about his in-game management. The clock, timeouts, challenges, situational football, etc. I think if Harbaugh can be enticed to become the head coach of the Chicago Bears, you bid farewell to Matt Eberflus.
with ya about Flus. Im not on board with Harbaugh, though

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
with ya about Flus. Im not on board with Harbaugh, though
Harbaugh is a douche, but he's a proven head coach douche. I'm not sure I'd be in favor of firing Eberflus and then replacing him with Ben Johnson or Eric Bienemy or another unproven coach that will definitely be a wild card.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
How many times in the past have the Bears bought into a late season dead cat bounce from the team that gives a coach they otherwise wanted to fire 1-2 extra years?